Membership Packs - Gripes and Opportunities

Remove this Banner Ad

Less honourable mentions for (2017?) inflatable finger which I think burst on its first trip to Etihad.

If I'm reading this thread's tea leaves right, the club is still giving members the finger.

Only now they're doing it in more of a metaphorical sense. It's cheaper that way.

All I care about are the membership cards, the activation code for the digital subscription and the North magazine. I would like to see an option in the membership site where you can select or deselect every landfill item that they send you so we can reduce the amount of junk the club needs to purchase/ship out but make them all deselected by default so you have to actually turn it on.

That is a great idea that will end up in the too hard tray

Cap? What cap? I got the same poxy mess as everyone else but no cap. Was it meant to be in the pack? Do I have to go into the club and pick it up?

If I'm reading this thread's tea leaves right, the club is still giving members the finger.

Only now they're doing it in more of a metaphorical sense. It's cheaper that way.
Yeah, nah. It usually ends up coming at a far greater cost.

I got some email about a kids member pack containing some magnet that's a choking hazard so I should remove it.

It also acknowledged that the membership pack situation had been a ballsup this year.

I deleted the thing, so if anyone still has it they may want to post it.

How about having a choice of the membership card or a key ring with the membership details on it. l would rather have it on a key ring that have it in a wallet or around my neck on a lanyard..
BTW l ordered a members polo $40 via 1 of their volunteers during the week and recieved it and found out l was charged $82. No doubt got charged for a media polo with 10% discount but my gripe is l tried ringing between 10 and 1 on Saturday like they say and didnt get through. l only kept getting the recorded message to ring between 10-1 on saturdays. Gees talk about frustrating they may as well just remove phoning the roo shop on a saturday altogether...

Last edited:
Amongst all the gripes I'd like to give a few kudos to the club staff and the Roo Shop staff. Being on the other end of the planet as I am has made for some logistical challenges over the years - these folks have always stepped up in a very quick and courteous way to solve things. They helped sort the best membership pack for international Roos like myself, and subtracted costs for WatchAFL portion of my package, as I already had it - they offered this, I didn't even ask! Also, had some trouble once getting the Roo Shop online checkout to work, as my postal code wasn't in their automated system, so my address was "nonexistent" and not viable. Emailed them for help, and got a friendly email back from an actual human being, not automated, and they fixed the problem (added my postal code) in less than a few hours.

So, well done to the good people who work for our club!

That being said, I'm still not over the fridge magnets.

speaking of hats, I'm chasing a 2015 Membership hat. Does anyone have one they are willing to part with? Something tells me they didn't do them that year and it was just a scarf.
Serious?

I'll take a look.

I got some email about a kids member pack containing some magnet that's a choking hazard so I should remove it.

It also acknowledged that the membership pack situation had been a ballsup this year.

I deleted the thing, so if anyone still has it they may want to post it.
To the parent or guardian of Small Forwards,

You may have recently received or are about to receive your membership packs.

You will notice a small circular magnet has been included in the Junior Packs in order to create the fixture fridge magnet.

These magnets are not permitted for children under 36 months, and were inadvertently included in the Junior Packs, so please be mindful when opening around children due to the small size of the magnet.

You will receive a prepaid envelope in the mail shortly, in order to return the magnet or you can simply discard it.

We have experienced a few challenges this year with the timing of our fulfilment process and will be making changes to ensure we improve the process for next year.

Thank you for being a valued member of the North Melbourne Football Club.

Kinds Regards,
North Melbourne Membership Services

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m not fussed about the cap not fitting my head.
I’m not planning on wearing it anyway, keeping it as a collectible.
The only thing that will remind me it was our 150th year

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

That's about all I do with most of them. I must have 50 of the things by now. Never worn.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back