Membership question

Remove this Banner Ad

Cool Kangas

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 2, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Do any of you have North AFL memberships and if so can you pay for reserved seats to sit with the North members as per a regular club membership or do you have to sit in a designated AFL members area?

Do any of you have North AFL memberships and if so can you pay for reserved seats to sit with the North members as per a regular club membership or do you have to sit in a designated AFL members area?
I havd AFL club support for North Melbouurne. The only time they take any notice of it is if I want to buy a GF ticket - otherwise it's just processed as an AFL members's ticket, and you sit with other AFL members in the members area (all clubs together). At Docklands you can pay extra booking fee to sit near the home cheer squad sometimes.

You can choose to use it as a regular club membership card and book to sit somewhere else, but if you want a reserved seat in other parts of the ground you don't get the cheaper rate you have in the AFL members seating areas.

You can just scan and sit in GA for free if it's available.

You used to be able to top up your with a club reserved seat or other package and pay the club the extra - I haven't done it for a while but I assume it is still possible. In that context your AFL membership is treated as a basic H&A club membership (as that's all the club gets from the AFL for it).

I feel I've been unecessarily confusing there.

You can use it as an AFL members card, or as a basic H&A members card. So yes, if you want to sit with North people you can use it as a club membership and top up to add reserved seating (or North End, or cheer squad, or whatever you want).

I feel I've been unecessarily confusing there.

You can use it as an AFL members card, or as a basic H&A members card. So yes, if you want to sit with North people you can use it as a club membership and top up to add reserved seating (or North End, or cheer squad, or whatever you want).
Thanks. So could I still sit on the wing around aisles 32-36 ish with other north supporters? Someone told me you have to sit on level 2 (not that I mind)

Thanks. So could I still sit on the wing around aisles 32-36 ish with other north supporters? Someone told me you have to sit on level 2 (not that I mind)
You'd have to ask the club what upgrades are available and where the seating would be.

The point is, you pay the AFL up to about $600 for full membership, but only the value of a basic H&A membership goes to the club, so if you want to add a seating package that is all extra money again.

It was worth it for me over many years because I was going to a lot of Collingwood games as well as all the North ones. And now I have a full membership and guaranteed GF tickets if North make it, it's like golden handcuffs.

Even setting aside my growing dislike of the AFL, I'm not sure I'd do it if I was starting now. If it's important to you to be sitting with North Melbourne people at every game, you'd have to look at the financials (TM Hirdy*).

The only reason I’ll start doing this is because my family are all Collingwood (although they do love north) so as a result for my benefit, we’ve been buying North memberships for years. But now the kids want AFL memberships (even if North club support) so that they can attend all the Collingwood games too without worrying about getting guest passes etc. every time with their friends.

I know less money goes to the club and that irks me but this seems like the best compromise. I don’t want to forgo sitting in amongst the Roos fans though. Oh well.

Thanks for your help.

The only reason I’ll start doing this is because my family are all Collingwood (although they do love north) so as a result for my benefit, we’ve been buying North memberships for years. But now the kids want AFL memberships (even if North club support) so that they can attend all the Collingwood games too without worrying about getting guest passes etc. every time with their friends.

I know less money goes to the club and that irks me but this seems like the best compromise. I don’t want to forgo sitting in amongst the Roos fans though. Oh well.

Thanks for your help.
No worries. I was the same - for years, I had cheer squad membership for $50 as a way to sit with my own people at the same or less cost than booking reserved AFL members seats on L1 for North games, while enjoying plenty of Collingwood games and finals access with the AFL membership. Then I found out the cheer squad are not my people after all, and they also bumped the cost way up since I left. FWIW I think a North End membership is a good compromise - not too costly and you sit with all North suporters, just not in reserved seats - so I'll look at that for next season.

No worries. I was the same - for years, I had cheer squad membership for $50 as a way to sit with my own people at the same or less cost than booking reserved AFL members seats on L1 for North games, while enjoying plenty of Collingwood games and finals access with the AFL membership. Then I found out the cheer squad are not my people after all, and they also bumped the cost way up since I left. FWIW I think a North End membership is a good compromise - not too costly and you sit with all North suporters, just not in reserved seats - so I'll look at that for next season.
So just to clarify, is the north end AFL memberships allocated seating?

So just to clarify, is the north end AFL memberships allocated seating?
No, it's the area beside the cheersquad - home games only - set aside for that category of NMFC member on a first come first served basis.

AFL seating area is on the wing, around aisles 6-14.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back