Membership Watch 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Got mine before Christmas. Went for the cheapest home membership again this year after they screwed me in 2019 for upgrading to get the GF guarantee. Would love a reason to give them $600 again next year though, come on Dees.

Rolled over my interstate m'ship. We play in Canberra this year too so might be able to actually get some benefits from it this year!
Yep can’t wait

Yeah auto-renewal here. Looking forward to actually going to at least 14 games this year in VIC. Gonna try to get to the Canberra/Hobart/Perth games, but hopefully COVID isn't a thing in Aus by that point (or at least isn't as much of an issue).

I like the idea of going to Canberra would take some convincing because it's Easter.
Easter actually the perfect time weather-wise to experience Canberra. Cold doesn’t set in for another three weeks. Everything still doable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Easter actually the perfect time weather-wise to experience Canberra. Cold doesn’t set in for another three weeks. Everything still doable.
I actually wasn't concerned about the weather. Thought my missus wouldn't be keen but she is. Good to know the weather would still be ok. Though I did live in Canberra for 4 years (91-94 ) I was only eight when we left so don't really remember the weather just that it gets ******* cold in the winter.

Yep. Might be a little crisp, but wouldn't be properly cold by then. Hopefully.
I reckon I will head back for a holiday then, COVID permitting. I grew up there and only moved to Melbourne a decade ago. I’ve only been back for the odd day or two for work. My family all moved, so I’ve had no reason to go holiday like. But we still have lots of friends there so will reunite for a DOM (day of madness) which was a yearly tradition at one point.

I’ve definitely got my eyes on the Canberra game. Went up same time in 2015 and weather was perfect.
First game I saw Melbourne play in the flesh was Manuka. World record cold day with a top temp of 3 degrees. ******* freezing, and I lost my gloves in the taxi on the way. Plus it was the worst footy game I’ve ever seen - a key game in the Melbourne tanking scandal. Though if we were tanking I’d love to know what Sydney were doing because they were very nearly equally vile. My key memory was going to order coffees at half time, but the coffee van had shut because of the cold or general incompetence or something. The only food was a gelato stand ffs

First game I saw Melbourne play in the flesh was Manuka. World record cold day with a top temp of 3 degrees. ******* freezing, and I lost my gloves in the taxi on the way. Plus it was the worst footy game I’ve ever seen - a key game in the Melbourne tanking scandal. Though if we were tanking I’d love to know what Sydney were doing because they were very nearly equally vile. My key memory was going to order coffees at half time, but the coffee van had shut because of the cold or general incompetence or something. The only food was a gelato stand ffs
I really enjoy a proper gander rant FYI.

Current tally is said to be 32,954.

The record for the club at Round 1 according to them is 43,787 (I'm guessing this was 2019).

What are the chances that Melbourne will get 10,833 new members in the next month?

Current tally is said to be 32,954.

The record for the club at Round 1 according to them is 43,787 (I'm guessing this was 2019).

What are the chances that Melbourne will get 10,833 new members in the next month?
We're more of a chance to lose 10,833 members before round 1 than to gain 10,833.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back