Membership Watch 2021

All the preseason articles I've seen of late are about blokes like Chandler and Nietschke. Doesn't bode well.
Stupid marketing, they should be absolutely flogging the hell out of Tracc, Jacko, Trent, Koz, draftees. That's the stuff that gets people excited, not stories of blokes who have hardly played a game and probs won't.

Stupid marketing, they should be absolutely flogging the hell out of Tracc, Jacko, Trent, Koz, draftees. That's the stuff that gets people excited, not stories of blokes who have hardly played a game and probs won't.
I don't mind hearing about them but would expect some fluff pieces on Trac/Gawn/Drafters etc more regularly.

rhaz

Cancelled
Jun 30, 2008
AFL Club
Melbourne
Did anyone else opt to receive their scarf by mail, and if so, have you received it yet? Still waiting on mine, was ordered 3 weeks ago.

Did anyone else opt to receive their scarf by mail, and if so, have you received it yet? Still waiting on mine, was ordered 3 weeks ago.
Got mine weeks aho

Reserved seats back from this week thank fu**
Wonder how much this will effect our attendences. MCC has been packed for most games and feels unaffected (although I haven't been to level 4 for any game).

I do miss just wandering in and finding a seat and the quaint Australian culture of leaving possessions on the seats with no fear of someone robbing you or throwing your things aside and taking your seat.

Reserved seats back from this week thank fu**
yeah I saw that and you don't have to book through ticketek

Do we just scan our membership cards as per normal?

Also do you know what the deal is with kids under 5?

rhaz

Cancelled
Jun 30, 2008
AFL Club
Melbourne
I believe you have until the end of the season when memberships close. One would assume the bigger clubs would 'run out' of GF guarantees but you should be fine as a Dees member.

Having said that SHOW SOME BLOODY FAITH AND BUY IT NOW GO DEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!

I ordered mine before the season and got it just before the Richmond game from memory.

Just on getting into the Grand Final. This year the MCC are offering Full memberships to anyone nominated prior to April 30 1992. My dad nominated me on May 6.

Just on getting into the Grand Final. This year the MCC are offering Full memberships to anyone nominated prior to April 30 1992. My dad nominated me on May 6.

Lol, my old man put my name down at birth. He’s been in the MCC for 65 years now. I was in the MCC as a junior restricted member from 93-95 and a restricted member from 95-2000. Dropped out in 2001 when they wanted to make me a full member. Was earning $300 a week and full membership was $550. Had just got my first house and just couldn’t afford it. Also, was only able to get to one game a year. Been back on the waiting list since 2010. Who knows when I’ll be back in. Last email I got was 2002 or something.

My sister did the smart thing and gave my cousins address in Queensland so she got it cheap as. She still does.

Lol, I was in the MCC as a junior restricted member from 93-95 and a restricted member from 95-2000. Dropped out in 2001 when they wanted to make me a full member. Was earning $300 a week and full membership was $550. Had just got my first house and just couldn’t afford it. Also, was only able to get to one game a year. Been back on the waiting list since 2010. Who knows when I’ll be back in. Last email I got was 2002 or something.

My sister did the smart thing and gave my cousins address in Queensland so she got it cheap as. She still does.

If you can afford it and can get to the footy once or twice a fortnight it's fantastic value. My cousin dropped it years ago when he was working part time and wasn't that into footy. Looked into getting it back. He doesn't need to go back on the list but he has to back pay every year he missed. Absolute rort lol.

If you can afford it and can get to the footy once or twice a fortnight it's fantastic value. My cousin dropped it years ago when he was working part time and wasn't that into footy. Looked into getting it back. He doesn't need to go back on the list but he has to back pay every year he missed. Absolute rort lol.
Yeah, I asked them to put me on hold but not sure they did. I would owe them about $15-20,000. What is it a year now $750? Since my old man hit 50 years he only has to pay $50 a year for his membership He said.

on value, I Romberg one year going to both prelims for nothing, it was awesome.

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
I do miss just wandering in and finding a seat and the quaint Australian culture of leaving possessions on the seats with no fear of someone robbing you or throwing your things aside and taking your seat.

Exactly how things work in the states. 🤥🤥🤥

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Yeah but potential thieves don't even have the added fear of getting shot here.

True, true. But, also, just to be clear about my original post. Your sh*t would NOT, in fact, be there when you returned, regardless of any gun play fears harbored by the thieves.

True, true. But, also, just to be clear about my original post. Your sh*t would NOT, in fact, be there when you returned, regardless of any gun play fears harbored by the thieves.
I guess that's why you shouldn't leave your guns on your seats.

May 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Up to 53,706. The record broken was 52,421. I think membership is closed now, otherwise there might be some late adds from Freo and WC fans.

Current WC and Freo members get priority after the qualifying teams and before the public.

Back