Membership

Remove this Banner Ad

Just been announced we've already hit 30,000 members.

Great stuff and a definite sign of the positive impact Franklin's recruitment has had on membership numbers for this season.

Have we ever had 30,000 paid up supporters before round one? That seems incredible to me.

Not too sure, can't remember in my time supporting the club. They've said it's a record, but could just be a record by a few weeks, or as you say, a record for Pre-Season. I agree, really think we could crack 40,000 which would be huge.

Does anyone have a list of the other club's tallies?

There's usually a mainboard thread but not sure where it is this year. Usually descends into a Richmond/Hawthorn pissing contest.

MF

Good Poster, s**t Bloke
Sep 10, 2006
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
I'm starting to wonder if a full blooded gold membership will be enough to get a GF ticket this season?

Apr 7, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Coney Island, GWS, The Exers!
So guys, just got the word from a high that the department is relocating to Sydney before March 14th

Huzzah! Home for Chris.....er round 1 :?:

So I've settled on either redzone or just gold or platinum reserved.

My concern is not being able to get a seat at sold out games if I go redzone how do they work?

Maddhew

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
Always need some clarity with membership numbers. I don't consider someone who pays $70 for a scarf and hat a member, do we count pet memberships? If we have close to 25k ticketed members then it's a great result.
Hopefully SCG will be always sold out in 2014, and the only way to get a ticket is from member buy back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 7, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Only matchday memberships count in tallies (for Sydney) in other words if your membership doesn't allow you to walk through the gates for atleast one game a year your not counted in the membership pool.

This is true for Sydney, Port, Brisbane, Gold Coast and GWS.

Several other clubs also claim to do this but they aren't audited by the AFL.

It should be noted Collingwood north and the tigers charters of operations require the same strict standards on membership breakdown and if they lied they would be in deep s**t.

I'm lead to believe that the AFL does demand that membership numbers are broken down, so it's unlikely that any team would list non gameday memberships in official tallies because it would conflict with how the AFL reports membership numbers (matchday only)

There's also currently a push by AFL house to remove the term "membership" from any non matchday attending memberships, it's believed they will be rebranded sponsorship's for the most part.

The delay is in potential lost revenue from rebranding non matchday memberships, especial with baby memberships as currently focus groups suggest baby memberships would drop as much as 43% if rebranded.

Maddhew

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
Only matchday memberships count in tallies (for Sydney) in other words if your membership doesn't allow you to walk through the gates for atleast one game a year your not counted in the membership pool.

This is true for Sydney, Port, Brisbane, Gold Coast and GWS.

Several other clubs also claim to do this but they aren't audited by the AFL.

It should be noted Collingwood north and the tigers charters of operations require the same strict standards on membership breakdown and if they lied they would be in deep s**t.

I'm lead to believe that the AFL does demand that membership numbers are broken down, so it's unlikely that any team would list non gameday memberships in official tallies because it would conflict with how the AFL reports membership numbers (matchday only)

There's also currently a push by AFL house to remove the term "membership" from any non matchday attending memberships, it's believed they will be rebranded sponsorship's for the most part.

The delay is in potential lost revenue from rebranding non matchday memberships, especial with baby memberships as currently focus groups suggest baby memberships would drop as much as 43% if rebranded.
Thanks

baja

Premiership Player
Dec 23, 2010
Bass Strait
AFL Club
Sydney
Just been announced we've already hit 30,000 members.

Great stuff and a definite sign of the positive impact Franklin's recruitment has had on membership numbers for this season.
How is it definite its because of Buddy?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
The red zone is unreserved seating, it's very hard to predict how many members will turn up. It can fill up pretty quickly for big games. The best advice I can give if you want to be certain of getting a good seat in the red zone is to turn up early, or better yet, come and watch the ressies, you won't have trouble finding a seat then!

Tuco

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts SuperCoach Club Board Winner
Sep 28, 2005
Between ANZ & the SCG
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Bloods

I guess it's similar to asking the question how is it definite it isn't? Totally unquantifiable either way.

But I know this much: if the memberships weren't increasing the media would be all over the Buddy recruitment in negative terms in a flash...for a change. :p

Well it could just be a coincidence that we've set a record for the fastest we've ever hit 30,000 members a few months after he signs for us.

Actually you're probably right, it's that damn Zak Jones bandwagon.

bungee

Inside Mid
Aug 16, 2006
Sussex
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Always need some clarity with membership numbers. I don't consider someone who pays $70 for a scarf and hat a member, do we count pet memberships? If we have close to 25k ticketed members then it's a great result.
Hopefully SCG will be always sold out in 2014, and the only way to get a ticket is from member buy back.

Why pay that kind of money for a hat & scarf when you can get your Granny to knit a set. That's what old ladies do best.

Apr 7, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The red zone is unreserved seating, it's very hard to predict how many members will turn up. It can fill up pretty quickly for big games. The best advice I can give if you want to be certain of getting a good seat in the red zone is to turn up early, or better yet, come and watch the ressies, you won't have trouble finding a seat then!

Thanks something to ponder was going to stick with the SCG membership, but it doesn't come with a grand final ballet option.

And with 30K already seriously worried about missing out if we make it.

Well it could just be a coincidence that we've set a record for the fastest we've ever hit 30,000 members a few months after he signs for us.

Actually you're probably right, it's that damn Zak Jones bandwagon.

Personally I am blaming Kurt Tippett.

baja

Premiership Player
Dec 23, 2010
Bass Strait
AFL Club
Sydney

Just more the point of Buddy being the sole reason and just wanted SM to have a crack of proving it 'definite' I was having a laugh.

But seriously I don't think the recruitment of Buddy can take all the credit, well at least I hope not.

Our club's membership department works very hard they even sent me a bumper sticker, the AFL's introduction to GWS into the comp promoting more interest in the game could also be another factor or the fact that we look like we might be playing finals again with a good core of exciting players and promising kids.

Finals tickets are getting harder to obtain memberships pay for themselves finals time. How many of these new 'members' are actually Swans supporters?

Im sure you can think of more but to give all the credit to the recruitment of Buddy doesn't sit well with me Ive spent a lot of time defending Swans supporters about being' bandwaggoners' but it will be harder if we use Buddy as the sole reason for the membership jump, well has it jumped or some have just got in early?

Either way its a good thing that membership numbers look promising.

Bloody

Club Legend
Sep 11, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney

I paid my $70 for years due to being interstate (Darwin) and had no games to go to locally. Would still fly down for two games a year but don't think it made me less of a member.
Plus the scarves were really handy for Darwin weather!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back