Membership

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2018-05-18/60000-and-counting

DdcPJukVMAAmkP5.jpg

Midfielder Zak Jones, who is an eager graffiti artist off the field, has thanked Swans members on behalf of all players, coaches, support staff and the Board through a large-scale canvas painting.

The artwork will be displayed for the remainder of the season.

Doesn’t seem like a player who wants to leave.

But on topic, I never thought I’d see a day when we have over 60,000 members. So proud to support this team!

Brilliant!
We are such a well run club on field and off and this (imo) is why the membership just keeps growing and growing. Buddy's recruitment and the joy of watching him play live has helped a lot also.
This. I am so proud of this club, not just for its success onfield, but for how damn well-run it is.

Nice guys finish first.

Brilliant!
We are such a well run club on field and off and this (imo) is why the membership just keeps growing and growing. Buddy's recruitment and the joy of watching him play live has helped a lot also.
And yes, how lucky are we to have been following the Swans when we could get to see Plugger, Adam Goodes, Buddy Franklin right there in front of us.

It still feels a little surreal to think of us as a big club but that's what we are now. 60,000 members.. we're a marquee club (and not just because of Buddy).. constant finals, a few grand finals thrown in, we're good for a Friday night thriller nearly every time. We really have done a lot for the game so 60k is an awesome reward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It would be great if the club auctioned it off for charity at the end of the season. I'd certainly bid on it, it's beautiful and would look great in our "man cave" aka The Swans Shrine!

That's a great idea.

My two Wegs and two framed guernseys exceed my wife's interior decorating tolerances at this point already.

I need a SwansCave more than a mancave

It would be great if the club auctioned it off for charity at the end of the season. I'd certainly bid on it, it's beautiful and would look great in our "man cave" aka The Swans Shrine!
Get on to the Swans Twitter and ask them!

That was a fair sign writing effort. :thumbsu:

Hmmn ... no surprise really. Zac's dad and another brother have been building a nice house for Nathan near where I live in Black Rock. Really good blokes I should add, as well as talented builders.

I pinged them for you Jewelsy. Brilliant idea.

I think they just give updates to the financial year as that's the last time to turn in your numbers before new memberships aren't counted towards this season's figure.

Would like to become the biggest club in Australia, some in media believe we have 1,000,000 supporters and are the biggest fan base. If we could get over 100,000 paying supporters the VFL boffins in charge might think twice before our next trade ban for doing nothing wrong.
I think to do so, you will need to change the way Sydney thinks. They talk Rugby League day in and day out, but no-one I know is a member, even those who go to games regularly. They rose up in their droves to save South Sydney, raised millions, and they only have 28,895 members.

I think to do so, you will need to change the way Sydney thinks. They talk Rugby League day in and day out, but no-one I know is a member, even those who go to games regularly. They rose up in their droves to save South Sydney, raised millions, and they only have 28,895 members.
I think a 3 game membership counts as a member, so the watermark is pretty low.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back