Analysis Memberships vs Social Media Following

Remove this Banner Ad

FlyHigh18

Arden St Parking Inspector
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Just something to chat about during this quiet period.

The table shows what percentage of fans (the higher of Instagram or Twitter) are actually members of the club and quite possibly their total membership potential.

(Ignoring the obvious notations such as: not all fans may use social media, some twitter/insta followers may not actually be fans, not everyone may be in a circumstance to take out a membership, etc.
For these reasons 100% will not be attainable).

Attachments

• Memberships v Social Media.PNG
    Memberships v Social Media.PNG
    22.6 KB · Views: 141
Personally I'm impressed that most of our fans out there are actually members, but that also means we need to work even harder to grow our base.

Part of the reason I get so frustrated reading posts from our own potting attendances and support while blowing wind up Tigers fans arses. We do just about better than anyone in Melbourne at converting support to paid up attending members. As FlyHigh18 asserts it is all about growing the entire base.

Personally I'm impressed that most of our fans out there are actually members, but that also means we need to work even harder to grow our base.
I find Sydney's numbers surprising, they are a fair bit better than I would have guessed. I imagine the Bullies are swelled post the flag but if our numbers are a worry how about Melbourne and St Kilda?

Just something to chat about during this quiet period.

The table shows what percentage of fans (the higher of Instagram or Twitter) are actually members of the club and quite possibly their total membership potential.

(Ignoring the obvious notations such as: not all fans may use social media, some twitter/insta followers may not actually be fans, not everyone may be in a circumstance to take out a membership, etc.
For these reasons 100% will not be attainable).
Of my friends that follow NMFC on Facebook, there are more are supporters of other clubs than there are supports of NMFC. Not sure why, though. I couldn't give a toss what any other club was saying on social media.

There were be a lot of trolls included there. Social media dicks like sinking the boots into us more than mainstream media. You could spend 2 lifetimes arguing with nuffies bagging our club on Twitter/FB if you were that way inclined.

Heard some interesting stuff from Andrew Fagan (Crows CEO). Crows aren't so worried about Membership as they are with supporter numbers. Crows went to Toyota asking for more sponsorship dollars but Toyota refused. Crows then came back with data showing how many people associated themselves with The Crows. Toyota coughed up! Crows aren't concentrating just on the traditional revenue streams. They're not worried about Port pushing into China as they see a lot more potential in E-Sports, which is why they purchased a team. They've also worked out that both their data analytical and media/video creation teams are excellent so they now sell this service.

Anyone know what revenue streams we have outside of football?

There were be a lot of trolls included there. Social media dicks like sinking the boots into us more than mainstream media. You could spend 2 lifetimes arguing with nuffies bagging our club on Twitter/FB if you were that way inclined.

Yep! Inflated numbers due to trolls however would apply to all clubs. To counter that there would also be many fans who don't use social media so overall i think social media following is still the best indicator we have (although not 100% accurate) re our actual fan base.

While we are 12th in memberships we're only 14th on social media. Yet we still made a profit which continues to baffle me. True Shinboner club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back