Prediction Membrey in 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Hit outs? Maybe but it won’t help the side if that happens. I want Marshall to have 700 hit outs. Means he is playing 80% ruck time. Unfortunately that probably means Ryder is playing 70% forward time.

Boring, now he'll kick 120. Stop putting the brakes on my unrealistic expectations.

Not at all. I am very confident. Providing they all play 22 games.
With King in the team, Membrey will get off the leash.
That's very optimistic, but King won't let anyone off the leash any more than Bruce did the last bunch of seasons.

The more I think about it, the more it seems like 2020 is a big task for Skunk.

I don’t get it either. Battle should play fwd with Marshall as sole ruck IMHO

Ryder up fwd won’t work for the whole year.

Marshall will play as a rover off Ryder and Sarau a s**t load of goals in between snaps and set shots.

Im a guesser as well but that’s my guess. King is replacing acres or a small. Ryder is replacing Bruce. That’s how I see it anyway

Can we do it the other way? King will replace Bruce, Ryder will replace Acres and Marshall will just carry on being the prospect.

Fair to say that our forward line will be a "work in progress" in 2020. It may not be pretty at times, but I suspect that we have enough options to get something workable around the known-quantity of Skunk. Much as I loved watching him when he was "on", I'm glad we're not hanging our hat on Bruce showing up week-in-week-out, because he hasn't done that for a few seasons. A big part of freeing up Membrey, will be the effort of the other players inside 50 to provide enough threat to prevent double/triple teaming of him.

Might require flexibility from Ratten (and good instructions to the players in question, and our captain, so they don't require a call from the bench to take action), as we have several guys in the backline who know where the big sticks are, so if the designated forwards are having a tough time, hopefully guys like Carlisle, Howard, Battle can slip forward and provide a different look or disrupt the defensive structures for 5-10 minutes.

I'm hoping King can do something similar to what his brother did for Gold Coast - I'd happily take ~1 goal per game in a first season, while he finds his feet, and figures things out - at least he seems to have bulked up a little bit, which will help him a lot.

Bish

I'd say just building King up for the next 10 years should be the goal this season.

not how many games he plays in seniors
not how many goals he kicks

Staying injury free and building his form and craft

I am factoring in the work he's doing with Roughy this offseason, his physical gifts, good hands, etc.

If he IS picked for seniors, I don't think it's overly optimistic to think he wouldn't be able to average two marks inside 50, and kick 50% on those shots, which is where I set my thinking. Not expecting him to be Lockett, Dunstall, or Jeremy Cameron out of the gate, but realistically if he's picked in Seniors, he'll need to be earning his keep, and to keep a defender nervous, otherwise they'll sag off onto Skunk and take advantage.

Let's look at Paddy McCartin's first 22 games, so as not to set an unrealistic bar ...

Marks: 4.41/gm
Disp: 8.68/gm
Goals: 1.00/gm
Behinds: 0.86/gm

And also Ben King's 14 games, since he's the closest comparison we will have to Max:

Marks: 3.43
Disp: 7.07
Goals: 1.21
Behinds: 0.64

Those sort of numbers would be quite OK for me, while we're getting him ramped up to the "big league".

I am factoring in the work he's doing with Roughy this offseason, his physical gifts, good hands, etc.

If he IS picked for seniors, I don't think it's overly optimistic to think he wouldn't be able to average two marks inside 50, and kick 50% on those shots, which is where I set my thinking. Not expecting him to be Lockett, Dunstall, or Jeremy Cameron out of the gate, but realistically if he's picked in Seniors, he'll need to be earning his keep, and to keep a defender nervous, otherwise they'll sag off onto Skunk and take advantage.

Let's look at Paddy McCartin's first 22 games, so as not to set an unrealistic bar ...

Marks: 4.41/gm
Disp: 8.68/gm
Goals: 1.00/gm
Behinds: 0.86/gm

And also Ben King's 14 games, since he's the closest comparison we will have to Max:

Marks: 3.43
Disp: 7.07
Goals: 1.21
Behinds: 0.64

Those sort of numbers would be quite OK for me, while we're getting him ramped up to the "big league".
1 goal a game is a very realistic expectation for next season. And if he can't average that then he shouldn't be playing seniors yet.

I averaged 8 goals a game with M.King on AFL Evo

Since it's out here, let's factor in that your control of M.King is probably half as good as he can do in real life, and let's also assume our delivery inside 50 improves 25% ... it stands to reason he should average 6 a game in reality, monster the Coleman, and lead us to a glorious victory in September? ;)

How many goals does Skunk get as his caddy in this scenario?

Bish

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Since it's out here, let's factor in that your control of M.King is probably half as good as he can do in real life, and let's also assume our delivery inside 50 improves 25% ... it stands to reason he should average 6 a game in reality, monster the Coleman, and lead us to a glorious victory in September? ;)

How many goals does Skunk get as his caddy in this scenario?

Bish

I update the list myself, with the new additions and minor changes in the ratings (Just for Saints). I did 5 seasons with the 2019 list. I made changes to player positions for many of them, gave them better potential. Majority of the list, I created myself due to the fact most ain't in the game.

5 Finals
4 GF's
2 Flags

Line up: In my last seaon.

B: Paton - Clav - B. King
HB: Coff - Lever - Hind
W: Billings - Steele - Hunter
HF: Parker - Marshall - Lonie
F: Battle - King - Membrey
R: Grundy - Gresham - Bont

B: Long, Acres, Langlands, Mayo

Reserves were mostly draftees, traded away a bunch of players for picks.

And to answer your question. from memory, Members kicked around 25 to 40 a season. King kicked 120+ twice, the lowest was 85.

I update the list myself, with the new additions and minor changes in the ratings (Just for Saints). I did 5 seasons with the 2019 list. I made changes to player positions for many of them, gave them better potential. Majority of the list, I created myself due to the fact most ain't in the game.

5 Finals
4 GF's
2 Flags

Line up: In my last seaon.

B: Paton - Clav - B. King
HB: Coff - Lever - Hind
W: Billings - Steele - Hunter
HF: Parker - Marshall - Lonie
F: Battle - King - Membrey
R: Grundy - Gresham - Bont

B: Long, Acres, Langlands, Mayo

Reserves were mostly draftees, traded away a bunch of players for picks.

And to answer your question. from memory, Members kicked around 25 to 40 a season. King kicked 120+ twice, the lowest was 85.

Seems like we're both on the same page with this ... 1 goal per game from King would be nice, but 120+, Coleman, and Norm Smith is a distinct possibility ... can't be too unhappy with that as a ceiling, can we?

(Yeah, I'm having a quiet chuckle to myself here - but I wouldn't mind seeing someone in Red/White/Black crack the ton ... I do miss the Coleman races of the 80s)

Seems like we're both on the same page with this ... 1 goal per game from King would be nice, but 120+, Coleman, and Norm Smith is a distinct possibility ... can't be too unhappy with that as a ceiling, can we?

(Yeah, I'm having a quiet chuckle to myself here - but I wouldn't mind seeing someone in Red/White/Black crack the ton ... I do miss the Coleman races of the 80s)

I make my dreams come alive through AFL Evo

It’s hard to have a serious discussion when you put totally unserious numbers of gaols for some players. If you want serious then you can start. I’d be happy with membery getting 44 goals. Gresh 30. Billings 15. King 15.

Yeah you can't post unserious numbers of gaols for our guys. The only gaols we discuss for players should be where we put players from the filth

Yeah you can't post unserious numbers of gaols for our guys.

Or we could just go completely pessimistic ... Membrey to be blanketed by defenders all season, going 1.17 from crumbs and rushed snaps, with StK's leading goalscorer to be JWeb with 3 ... all kicked in our lone win against Melbourne ...

Or we could just go completely pessimistic ... Membrey to be blanketed by defenders all season, going 1.17 from crumbs and rushed snaps, with StK's leading goalscorer to be JWeb with 3 ... all kicked in our lone win against Melbourne ...
I am expecting a huge year from Membrey. Not only will he crack 50 goals I'm expecting 75. Two reason...1 better delivery from the midfield and 2...the fast leading 204 cm King will clear the path for Membrey.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back