List Mgmt. Membrey Requests Trade

Remove this Banner Ad

Half back flanker/midfielder/tagger that can accumulate possessions. Disposal can be questionable at times but seems to have a good footy brain from what I have seen.

Many believed he should have been in the best 22 in place of Rhyce Shaw.

Oh good. We're short of HBFers

You're comparing Membrey's status to that of Tippett when we picked him up?!
No, I didn't realise they were comparable. The post I was responding to didn't. Just called him a squib then said players should pick a state. Even excusing that, Kennedy?

Trade Radio says Membrey requests to go to St. Kilda.

St Kilda eh...... really, Membrey is one who really wants to work hard to achieve his goals isn't he? Quiet frankly, going there no one will ever know what the hell he could have been.

St Kilda eh...... really, Membrey is one who really wants to work hard to achieve his goals isn't he? Quiet frankly, going there no one will ever know what the hell he could have been.

Eh i dont think its a bad choice he made going to a bottom 4 club will give him all the opportunity he needs will watch him closely in 2015 :)

I mean it makes more sense than O'Rourke going to Hawthorn.. will be lucky to play a game next year.

Eh i dont think its a bad choice he made going to a bottom 4 club will give him all the opportunity he needs will watch him closely in 2015 :)

I mean it makes more sense than O'Rourke going to Hawthorn.. will be lucky to play a game next year.

There are different ways to look at it that's for sure, I don't think getting yourself into an environment like Hawthorn could be a bad thing, it may say a bit more about O'Rourke's views on his own ability....good to see him back himself to earn it in a very strong squad rather than be gifted a game because the squad around you is crap and you've taken a view you will never break through where you are because there are too many ahead of you. No doubt, with that attitude, Membrey would of been proven correct. I know it seems a harsh view, and it is. I just hate the fact he hasn't backed himself. I know where I would go to give myself the best chance to excel.

Mitchell VS Membrey

Mitchell was best 22. Dropped. Got 60+ one game. Gets injured. Can't make side still. Makes it due to other injuries, dropped for entire finals. Enticed by Carlton where he would be easily top 22 and could lift a midrange side. Chooses to stay to prove he is one of the best players in a Top 4 side.
Membrey had only played the 1 game despite playing really well in the NEAFL. Was groomed as a Goodes replacement and just needed to work on his defensive game. Could have easily became the 3rd tall, moved to the CHF when Tippett retires/leaves and Franklin goes FF. Chooses to leave for easy access to top 22 in the worst side in the comp.

We would've seen a lot of M&M work in the next 3-5 years. "Mitchell kicks inside 50 and Membrey goals!" One took it as an oppurtunity to prove himself and his worth. Other took an easy option.

Wish Membrey the best of luck in his future endevours and I hope he lasts 2 seasons before the "Why isn't he like Nick Riewoldt?" comments from Saints fans. Which will happen as he will have to replace a player like him. Won't happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goodes should have been forced to retire and Membrey given a chance. Not for Membrey's sake but looking forward to the future

Goodes should have been forced to retire and Membrey given a chance. Not for Membrey's sake but looking forward to the future
Goodes was one of our best players in the finals last season and is still providing value and impact. If he has the desire to play on, he plays on. In a premiership window it's silly to push out such a high value player to make way for a young kid who may or may not be any good.

Goodes was one of our best players in the finals last season and is still providing value and impact. If he has the desire to play on, he plays on. In a premiership window it's silly to push out such a high value player to make way for a young kid who may or may not be any good.

When you say last season..?

Goodes had a few good games this year, but hardly anything special.

At times he seemed to be jogging around just doing his own thing

When you say last season..?

Goodes had a few good games this year, but hardly anything special.

At times he seemed to be jogging around just doing his own thing
I don't think Goodes can be accused of doing his own thing. He's the epitome of a team man.

I don't think Goodes can be accused of doing his own thing. He's the epitome of a team man.

Things can change from season to season. Just ask ROK and LRT this year.

No way Goodes was doing as much work off the ball this year as he has done in the past

So is Membrey stuck at the Swans now or can we still trade him for a draft pick?

If he wants to go to St Kilda then the only thing they can offer us now is pick 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back