Toast Membrey the next one to commit to the Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Changed the link to the clubs version so they get more website hits.

Great deal, he has been a star for us since his move from the Swans. A leader. Congrats to him.

Go you good thing.

Almost 2 goals a game over the journey.

I guess we should thank Buddy Franklin a bit too.
It was actually Adam Goodes. IIRC he was going to retire but went around for another year, and that's the straw that broke the camel's back. Tim wanted opportunity. Swans were good enough to part way A with him clean.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got the 10 coaches votes. :thumbsupemoji:

After his lacklustre 2020, I thought maybe his best footy was when he was a big fish in an ordinary side. He came out and played his best game for ages on the weekend and looked like he was the best player for either side. He looked really good playing a more mobile role with some saving markings in defence but also dominating the forward line. If Membrey and Seb Ross can play as well as they have so far for the rest of the season it will be a huge boost for our chances of playing in multiple finals.

After his lacklustre 2020, I thought maybe his best footy was when he was a big fish in an ordinary side. He came out and played his best game for ages on the weekend and looked like he was the best player for either side. He looked really good playing a more mobile role with some saving markings in defence but also dominating the forward line. If Membrey and Seb Ross can play as well as they have so far for the rest of the season it will be a huge boost for our chances of playing in multiple finals.
Yep, and you can add Hill and Billings to that list as well. All 4 of them finished top 5 in their respective teams B&F the previous year, but didn't crack the top 9 for us last year, so there's significant scope for improvement there for us.

All the talk over the last offseason was about the impact of our new recruits and the development of our youngster, but having players like Ross and Membrey return to form that they showed consistently in 2016-2018 goes a long way towards really strengthening the side. It's so easy to forget those mid-career players that might have never been elite, but have always been solid.

The doggies don't win the flag without Picken's late career improvement, hopefully we see something similar with Ross, Membrey and who knows, maybe even Webster.

He looked really impressive from the stands against GWS - really looking to be involved, and when he can kick a few goals along with it, he is as dangerous as anyone in the league ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back