Memorial Delonte West-Gloria James South Beach Cup 2013/2014 SEASON THREAD

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought the AFL draft takes into consideration the finals.

The AFL does, the NBA doesn't I'm pretty sure. And good get with my pick, my risk didn't pay off unfortunately. Hopefully a fit Lopez next year can help me rise up the ladder again.

I think Kobe will be back next season and putting up decent numbers. He'll get his body right then his will to prove everyone wrong will see him star again.

I can see the merit in using regular season standings to determine draft position, but I'd also like the playoffs to mean something too.
I like Billy's idea but it may be a bit late to introduce it now.

The Templars are playing for pride now (yeah, long gone...)
The only playoff that matters ultimately is the final. If you finish sixth and end up losing in the 3rd v 4th playoff, all you've achieved is dropping yourself down two spots in the draft. I like to do as well as I can, but a lot of people won't see the merit.

If draft possies are locked in pre playoffs (bar 1st and 2nd finishers) I think that makes people more likely to play it out, knowing it's not going to cost them draft position.

As there doesn't seem to be to many people giving an opinion I'm just going to say,

draft picks will be determined by end of the regular season standings outside of the championship playoff. So that would mean that if a team came from the 6th seeding to playoff in the championship tie they would finish with either the 11th or 12th pick depending on the championship result, not the 7th pick as the their end of regular season ranking would of entitled them.

Well after the sub par performance of my squad this week and being disappointly bundled out by the defending champions containing a ridiculously red hot Kevin Durant, I guess as the commissioner I should be wishing both my bro and Gascan good luck this week in the championship tie but i can't so i'll say, may the best team win.

At present the draft order for the 2014 draft is;

1. West Templars
2. Green Machine
3. Wreckx-n-Effectx (was Hand Down Man Down's pick)
4. Green Machine (was Kramerica's pick)
5. the4skins
6. Carnegie
7. Square1
8. Wreckx-n-Effectx
9. The Birdmen
10. The Kidds Crew

Pick 2 and 4.

Best make the most of these picks. I'll be zooming up the ladder next season so this'll be my last chance at a low pick.

Pick 2 and 4.

Best make the most of these picks. I'll be zooming up the ladder next season so this'll be my last chance at a low pick.

That's a good looking squad you've put together now Gus. Maybe you should trade pick 4, you'd get a stud for it!

That's a good looking squad you've put together now Gus. Maybe you should trade pick 4, you'd get a stud for it!

Not a bad idea!

OK so pick 4 MIGHT be up for trade for the right deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congrats to Gascan (Kourtney Kardashian) for winning the title and going back to back. Beat the 2 best teams of the regular season in the semi final and championship ties so well deserved.

And hahaha brother for coming runner up after dominating the regular season. Choke, choke, choke!!:D

2014 draft order will be;

1. West Templars
2. Green Machine
5. the4skins
6. Carnegie
7. Square1
8. Wreckx-n-Effectx
9. The Birdmen
10. The Kidds Crew
11. the4skins (was Fubar Inc's pick)
12. Kourtney Kardashian

I know Gus Poyet (Green Machine) has put the 4th pick on the table but there will be no trading of picks or players until the designated trade period in early September.

Well played Andy! Didn't think JR SMITH was the player I had to worry about.

3 days ago I thought I had 3 pointers as good as won.......and then JR went and dropped 8 in a game and followed that up 2 days later with 10 in a game. 27 3's all up for the week from JR. I hate that man!!!!

Thanks guys, very happy to be crowned 2013/2014 Champion and going back to back!

I too thought you had me in 3's especially when you brought in Patty Mills and Vince Carter, last year I wasn't competitive in 3's but how things can change in a course of a season. This year I've picked up Ariza and Faried which have really helped me this season.

This league is getting more and more competitive and those that have good draft picks will only get stronger!
I'm hoping Derrick Rose will be back next year and make my team even stronger.

Anyways its been a great season, Great to knock out 2 Richardson's Back to Back! Looking at Fubar's team there's a reason why he finished on TOP, he'll be a formidable team for many years to come, much like the Richmond Tigers. lol.

All the best guys. GO LEBON !!

Well played Andy! Didn't think JR SMITH was the player I had to worry about.

3 days ago I thought I had 3 pointers as good as won.......and then JR went and dropped 8 in a game and followed that up 2 days later with 10 in a game. 27 3's all up for the week from JR. I hate that man!!!!

Well done GS!

I was pretty annoyed with my semi final loss to you Tony with a random Kendall Marshall block in the last quarter forcing a tie, with our only other match up in the regular season also being a tie! Tough game this haha.

Lads,

Just for your information Deled's has stepped down from managing 'Hand Down Man Down' and has been replaced by DEEMAN87 and his Dante's Devils franchise.

Deled's has apologised for his lack of activity towards the end of the season also.

So welcome aboard DEEMAN87 to what is a great and competitive league.

By making the manager swap now it has given Deeman a chance to shape his squad for next season. I see he has already been active, cutting some dead wood and grabbing some youth and players with potential upside.

Also as Deled's had traded away DEEMAN's 2014 draft pick i am going to award Deeman a pick at the end of the 1st round, that'll be the 13th pick.

2014 draft order

1. West Templars
2. Green Machine
5. the4skins
6. Carnegie
7. Square1
8. Wreckx-n-Effectx
9. The Birdmen
10. The Kidds Crew
11. the4skins (was Fubar Inc's pick)
12. Kourtney Kardashian
13. Dante's Devils

Also come draft time anybody with a player on the LTIR reserve will have to release a player from their squad. That player will be eligible to be drafted. I will also be proposing a 2nd round of the draft as this draft is supposedly has alot of depth.

LTIR as of completion of the season;

The Kidds Crew - Jrue Holiday
the4skins - Nerlens Noel
The Birdmen - Ryan Anderson
Wreckx-n-Effectx - Larry Sanders
Dante's Devils - Al Horford
Green Machine - JaVale McGee
West Templars - Danilo Gallinari
Kourt Kardash - Derrick Rose

Well the real draft is over and the #1 pick was made. Who will be the #1 pick is this comps draft is the big question now...

Hey Guys, keen to get this going when you are but I think we need to ensure everyone is back on and logging in here. So if everyone can sign in that would be ideal.

I'd also like to second Billy's proposal for a second round in the draft. Deep draft class but also a clean way of doing off-season pickups.

The Templars hold the #1 pick this year as we sucked. If Green Machine or Wreckx-n-Effectx want to trade up I'd be interested in Swapping pick 1 for pick 2/3 & a player. I will not trade out of the top 3.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back