Memorial Delonte West-Gloria James South Beach Cup 2016/2017 (Year 6)

Remove this Banner Ad

Booker was definitely my target with the trade, as he excelled as a Rook, but Jokic was my sleeper pick after the last few months he had last year.
Considering our respective positions I'd say it was a fair trade.
It was a fair trade, but I'd reverse it if i could. I'd still be in the top couple of teams without Russ and Jokic has gone to a level i didn't think he had in him. I knew he was good, perhaps Marc Gasol good, but he's going to be better than Gasol he's going to be a superstar, you could argue he is one already given how much he's carrying this Nuggets team. Anyways no biggie, i still have a great list and you have yourself 2 future Superstars. Verdict is still out on Thon but you won this trade. Only fair really after i robbed you of your pick that turned into KAT or Turner. (Can't remember which)

I still have nightmares about that trade
I was 6th when I made the trade of my first round pick for Monroe. Goddam injuries!

I still have nightmares about that trade
I was 6th when I made the trade of my first round pick for Monroe. Goddam injuries!
Yah, very unlucky and why i don't have as much regret over our last trade as i could. It's ok though, if my team stays fit, touch wood, there's no reason why i can't be competing for championships for the next 5 or 6 years. I also essentially built the majority of my team off the wire, both Booker and Jokic were wire pickups which turned into Russ so still win win for both of us...

Surely Dante has to be re-activated by now. He's been on the IR since Jan 1 and is playing consistent games.

Since Jan 1st Utah have played 14 games. Unless I'm wrong i actually can't add him for one more game and have 6 more Utah games before he's released to f.a.
I was under the impression that it included the 5 games he'd already missed as per your inquiry in January.
I only have an interest as I was looking at adding him.

I was under the impression that it included the 5 games he'd already missed as per your inquiry in January.
I only have an interest as I was looking at adding him.
Right, that sounds about right i guess. So how long do i have Billy the Kidd to add Dante? I'm not letting him go for nothing he's still too young. If anyone needs a guard I'll trade you Clarkson for a pick swap if you're a playoff bound team. If you're a lottery team I'll trade you someone better for a pick swap...

Sucks having to cut Dante but there was no one to drop and it's time to win some silverware now. I still think Dante will make it, gonna take some Patience from the Templars though.
All my guys need patience, except the old guys who are busted... oh the Templars, why?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All my guys need patience, except the old guys who are busted... oh the Templars, why?
In my opinion it's time to ditch the old guys mate, commit all your roster spots to youth. That's what i did anyways and it worked out ok for me, the more spots you can devote to prospects the more turnover and the more likely you strike gold. As much as Dirk and Pau and co have been pilllars for you their time is done...Anyways i'm sure both those guys days are already numbered. Be nice to Dante, was a very tough decision to cut him and i almost cut Clarkson instead but it's going to be too tight a finals race and i need a full productive team to win the league.

Seriously, beyond a joke. In a week where draft picks are up for grabs to not set your team is completely against the spirit of the game.

Seriously, beyond a joke. In a week where draft picks are up for grabs to not set your team is completely against the spirit of the game.
Mate PM Billy. I PMd him about a manager not setting their lineups earlier in the year. If it's the same manager Billy surely must at least give a warning. He said he would crackdown on tanking this year...Time to walk the walk Commissioner! (I obviously don't have a personal stake in this since my team currently has the week off awaiting a semi final but i do care about the integrity of the league.

Hey guys in relation to recent posts, i just had a read of the OP and it says the draft order is set at the end of the regular season which has finished. So unless I'm wrong, Cam, Dutchy isn't tanking the season is over and Bugsy you already have pick 2 locked up. Correct me if I'm wrong but im pretty sure the draft order only changes for the top 4 who can make the grand final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back