Memorial Delonte West-Gloria James South Beach Cup 2022/2023 (Year 13)

Jun 26, 2008
Canberra
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal
Hey all, I can't believe this league is still going 13 years later and still with the name that I came up with haha!!

I'm back into fantasy bball for the first time in about 8-9 years so thought I'd drop by to those that remember me.
Raff! Me old mate, yeah still going, still not winning 😆
Good to hear you buddy,

Sep 11, 2011
Anywhere else
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Miami Heat & Dolphins
Hey all, I can't believe this league is still going 13 years later and still with the name that I came up with haha!!

I'm back into fantasy bball for the first time in about 8-9 years so thought I'd drop by for those that remember me.
Hey mate, pretty sure you were leaving as I was joining. It's amazing the legs these dynasty leagues can have with a half a dozen dedicated managers at any one time.

Sep 11, 2011
Anywhere else
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Miami Heat & Dolphins
I was going through the various matchups last week and comparing my team to the rest of the league and was feeling pretty good, then compared it to Dutchy and was like ummmmm wtf. Can anyone beat this team ever for the next 5 years? Like ye injuries but its ridiculous, Is it too late to ask the league to veto my Westbrook for Jokic and Booker trade? It seems lopsided now and while it did help me win 1 title id like it to pls be vetoed.

Sep 11, 2011
Anywhere else
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Miami Heat & Dolphins
Regret that trade now too but not as regretful as Westie for Jokic!

More like SGAvGiAnt cup now
yeah was looking bad for me for a lil bit but as soon as giannis fixed his ft numbers and gobert got traded onto the wolves it def put it in my favour. Young booker and 1st or 2nd yr jokic for prime westbrook is an all time bad trade.

Tony Richo

Team Captain
Oct 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
PhillyEagles,ChicagoBulls,Liverpool
Guys, I'm definitely keen to blow this thing up and enter full rebuild mode, which means Curry, Butler and Tobias Harris are all on the table. So make me some offers, but make them bloody good offers. Won't trade these guns unless the offers are definitely worth it, looking for young guys with serious potential first and foremost. Have already had an offer that potentially could work out, so if you do want to be able to knock Dutchy off, this is your chance to get some absolute fantasy guns into your team!

Sep 11, 2011
Anywhere else
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Miami Heat & Dolphins
Crawling to 5-4 wins on good %s against good teams. I’ll take it but this week against Dutch will be… 😝
Not sure how good my team is. Would've been fantastic 5 years ago lol. Pretty close to following Tony's lead and blowing it up but I'll prob ride out the year or wait for the inevitable season ending injuries to all my nursing home guys. Shouldve blown it up this off season tbh but rebuilding is a long road and requires more actual watching of ball.

Sep 11, 2011
Anywhere else
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Miami Heat & Dolphins
How’s the FT%?
im punting FT% because of him basically but thats fine, Russ, Lebron have kinda leant me towards punting it the last 8 yrs anyways though their FTs attempted this year are much lower, i seem to attract the high usage low FT% guys which was the reason i was ok with the trade in the first place. Glad this isnt roto.

Sep 11, 2011
Anywhere else
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Miami Heat & Dolphins
Is it just me or is there way more fantasy talent this year?

Like I'm looking at my numbers and comparing them to Dutchy who, lets face it, has one of the all time great fantasy teams, some of which is my doing through bad trades and drops, Jokic, Booker, Bam, (sigh) (not to take anything away from him as he was the one who outwitted me in the trade and i made a very shortsighted drop in Bam) i know i should get over it but it seems to hurt more every yr as Jokic solidifies himself as an all time great and just continues to put up the most ridiculous numbers ive seen. Side note, i actually was more annoyed about trading Booker at the time, still not sure how i didnt just get it done with Booker alone (Russ was a beast at the time and Jokic a young newly minted starter) but anyways i digress and wp Dutchy, that trade is literally the diff between me winning like 3-5 titles and Dutchy winning who knows how many, 8? Is he gonna be the Bill Russel of this league? Its just a ridiculous team and with Jokic, Bam, Booker, Haliburton, Luka etc its gonna be such a good team for sooooo long. I think it will take injuries or a similarly built super team to beat him any year in the next 6-10 years. Anyways gotten right off topic, so i was comparing our numbers this week and for the first week in ages i actually would've beaten Dutchy this week and feel like i might have a chance to beat him depending on how injuries treat us both, if my old team is healthy the last month which is a big if considering how injury prone some of my stars are i think i might have like a 5% chance or something which are nice odds compared to the 0% i gave myself a few months ago.

But anyways i didnt mean to make this another post of awe at his team, i was looking at the wire just now and theres like 20-50 guys there who would be worth a roster spot for a win now team. Its actually freaking insane. Im unsure if its because theres quite a lot of teams tanking and rostering young guys, theres certainly not that much young talent there but I feel like there's a lot more production on the wire at this time of year than years past.

Last edited:
Back