Memorial Delonte West-Gloria James South Beach Cup 2022/2023 (Year 13)

Remove this Banner Ad

Aiyah, Bugsy really struggling to hold on too. Got my fingers crossed that you can pull this off Bugsy, if i win i dont want to have to play the end boss. Me vs Bugsy is a coin flip or 40-60, me vs Dutchy is 10-20% at best which is really just me hoping for injuries. Gonna need Beal, Nurkic and Turner to all come back next week and Lebron to take to the court too to have any chance. Nail biting finish to these conf finals.

Edit. Looking like unless i totally punt fg% tomoz/ my entire team sits i should win, hopefully i dont jinx myself. Also, hold on Bugsy, hold on! I want at least a 1 in 6 chance of winning next week

Last edited:
If all my guys play tomorrow I've got a good chance. I reckon you're undervaluing the strength of a well constructed roster but we shall see... exciting finish to the season, loving it regardless of who prevails.

This should be our final week, next week will be a mess.

If all my guys play tomorrow I've got a good chance. I reckon you're undervaluing the strength of a well constructed roster but we shall see... exciting finish to the season, loving it regardless of who prevails.

This should be our final week, next week will be a mess.
Im not undervaluing ur squad mate, i just dont want to play Dutchy. At full strength he's near impossible to beat, i think i would've beaten him 1-2x all year. No doubt youll be a strong fav if we play next week, def not 50-50 that was a silly thing to say, think u beat me every time we've played but anything can happen the last week. Agree we should have last matchup this week.

Interestingly, if we played this week, its 2-1 on categories that arent decided by a couple of stats, points (1 pt diff) reb (3 diff) steals (1 diff), (blocks 2 diff), (TO 1 diff), even FG is only .018%, assists, 3s & FT% (How tf do u have 88% FT wowsers) are the only clear cats. Exciting finish indeed! Tho if im playing Dutchy ill have to go fetch my Luka, Jokic, Haliburton, Bam, PG, Jrue voodoo dolls, they took me ages and i only have 2 hands so its hard to poke them all at the same time... :p

Ofc im presuming my players dont choke tomorrow somehow, if i choke fg% i can def still lose so its far to preemptive to be having these thoughts and worrying about the other matchup.

Last edited:
GG Moo GG DutchRudder

I think im prob screwed vs Bugsy this week but you never know. Bookies have set the odds at $1.30 vs $3.1 which seems about right. Having knocked off 2nd and 3rd placed teams i didnt expect to get past the first week. Sadly it looks like both Beal and Nurkic are gonna be shut down and the only silver lining is Lebron is back though im worried more players are gonna be shut down and that Bron will only play 1-2 games at most. We really shouldnt be playing the finals this week. Anyways, it is what it is, good luck Bugsy Mogues, i think Templars are in line for their first title, which will be a historic day in fantasy sports.

id just like to say i take back what i said about going for Bugsy, given Dutchy has 4 injuries i very much wouldve preferred to play him rather than Bugsy who has 0 injuries and not even a player with an O next to his name. I think, barring some extreme luck with injuries im pretty much guaranteed to lose this week. Missing 2 possibly 3 of my best players in Nurk, Beal and possibly Turner & Giannis, i dont think im actually much of a shot. Bookies have pushed the odds out to $1.10 vs $8 :cry::cry: Was fun while it lasted though, Devils have given it one last good shot before we tear it all down.

Thanks Dutchy, the schedule as much as anything got me over the line. All the boys came to play. Even got a game outta KAT.
The threepete is off!
Bit of a backhanded compliment Deeman but appreciate it mate. Well done to your team too! Been a long time since the Templars were a shot so the boys are keen...

Well done Bugsy Mogues too good this week.
Congrats to deeman87 on making it also. Went all in at the start of the season and it has paid off.

Managed to grab Bojan back off the waivers and he’ll re-join the redeem team next season.
Just too many injuries bud, best team during the regular season but tough to win playoff games given half your team being out for half the week. Going out in style and wont manage to 3 peat but im sure ull be back and pushing for the chip next yr, ggs.

& so it is, the Giannis Okowngu KAT Maxey cup. May you have many players who are rested Bugsy, ive already got my SGA, KAT, Maxey, Anunonby voodoo dolls made up and poking them furiously all day, started working on Jarret Allen, J Val and Bane too now. Have hired some cheap labour for the week so we can poke the dolls more often. :p

Sry if you feel its a backhanded compliment Bugsy, your team is clearly very well rounded, far better than mine, it lacks a few of the bigger names that Dutchy's team has and i just feel that Dutchy has amassed an all time great fantasy team in terms of pure star power. Fully healthy id give myself like 5-10% vs you and 1% vs Dutchy so its more just me thinking how good his team is and not at all a knock on what is a great all round team covering every cat. Full respect to you for some very good drafting and team building, as youve managed to turn around a non playoff team into a probable title team and thats tough to do.

I'd also like to say im regretting trading you Maxey just because i really lack the scoring and i think it really puts you over the top when hes in such good form, though OO has been quite good for my team, i have too many low scoring guys. I sold kinda low on Maxey, it looked like his production was falling off a cliff, tx Doc, and went with potential over current production and given my other role guys i just dont have the scoring power or 3 pointers to really compete. Im honestly very surprised to have made it this far and looking at my scheduling i have 2 days with multiple overlap and 6 wasted games. Gonnna take mega amounts of luck to win this and im gonna have to try and figure out some way to fix all these scheduling clashes. Probably gonna have to make a few moves and wont be able to do any streaming. Anyways, ill do my best to try and figure something out and with luck these voodoo dolls will start working ASAP.

Last edited:
And so it begins, Giannis rested, and Turner misses with a minor injury. KAT also out, i really cant afford to lose my 2 best bigs like Giannis has carried my team and Turner is my 1 shot blocker. Sigh. Nurkic also has INJ next to his name. Bad start.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No Shai, no Jarrett... the final of attrition
Yup it is absolutely a war of attrition, man why on earth do ATL play Capela rather than OO, like 21/9/3 +15 in 20 mins and he still cant see the floor in the last qtr. Wake up Atlanta what ur currently doing doesnt work and Capela is passed it.

Following a players only meeting, the Templars have collectively decided that last week was effectively their finals and as such will be resting for the majority of this week...

Following a players only meeting, the Templars have collectively decided that last week was effectively their finals and as such will be resting for the majority of this week...
FR. Woke up, cursed that Turner was rested, looked at your team and was like oh boy. Still it might be half my team come Friday American time, theres still 2 full days after today so not even close to being over.

I'm just relying on Russ & Giannis to at least carry me to wins in ft% and turnovers.
FT% and assists look like the 2 cats that are probably decided barring some kind of mass resting of all my guards. Turnovers prob gonna come down to whoever has the least rested players the rest of the week but i dont think ive won that cat at all this year. Warm bodies will likely prevail in the end by the look of it. :grimacing:

I really have to take advantage of my numbers today coz i think youll get a chance to come back later in the week. Hoping i get some steals in this minny v suns game coz its not great that none of my guys today have been getting def stats. Do your thing Slo mo, Conley and CP3!

Choosing Kennard over Grimes yday might rly bite me. Spent so long trying to decide and i went with the safe option rather than upside and it was the wrong choice. Couldve really used the extra 3s, rebounds and a steal, not to mention long term upside tho tbh that isnt a thought when ur in the finals. Almost dropped Nurkic for Grimes anyways but couldnt go thru w it. Stupid Nurkic with his 50 games a yr :moustache:

My Timmy stream is looking good... still playing catchup though.
Had the game of his life lol, could honestly be the diff, oh to take back my dropping of kennard, i need to hold on in 2 of reb, stl, 3 pt and i dont think theres any chance of holding 3 pt now with who's playing tomorrow. GL sir, gonna come down to the last game its truly nail biting. Davis and Lebron better play tomoz else im toast.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back