Memories of childhood TV shows

Remove this Banner Ad

Shirls Neighbourhood again, would they get away with this today? No way.

Also does Ol' Poss remind anyone else of Mike Sheehan?

Was a DBZ fan in my early teens.....

7QIVLHG.gif

This thread tells us all, the age of other posters:D

Faulty Towers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wins

I used to love an anime series called The Mysterious Cities of Gold, about a young boy who joined a voyage to the New World to find his missing father and the lost Cities of Gold. The Sooty Show, Welcome Back, Kotter, Cheers and The Dukes of Hazzard are another few that spring to mind, as well as the aforementioned Monkey Magic, Shirl's Neighbourhood and Romper Room. Sunday nights were always Countdown and Solid Gold.

As a teen I loved Ren & Stimpy and Rocko's Modern Life, but my absolute all-time favourite show as a kid would have to be The X Files. Because The Truth Is Out There, and I Want To Believe. :D

I've possibly told this story before. If so, apologies.

A children's show host used to ask the littlies in the audience to tell a joke or ask a riddle, live to air.

One little 5 year old asked "What's long and thin and has hair at one end and a hole at the other?''

After much embarrassment among the show's hosts, the 5 year old answered: ''a toothbrush''.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've possibly told this story before. If so, apologies.

A children's show host used to ask the littlies in the audience to tell a joke or ask a riddle, live to air.

One little 5 year old asked "What's long and thin and has hair at one end and a hole at the other?''

After much embarrassment among the show's hosts, the 5 year old answered: ''a toothbrush''.

:D I reckon he might've overheard his father telling that joke. Or else his Dad put him up to it!

I used to love watching You Can't Do That On Television.
If you don't know what that show was I will post up some youtube videos of it.
Some are rather funny and some are rather gross.

Here is another one.

Gawd, I remember watching that show, too. They were crazy.

Also, that reminds me of the original Degrassi Junior High. That was pretty ground-breaking kids' television back in the day, dealing with teen pregnancy, suicide, abortion, etc.

:D I reckon he might've overheard his father telling that joke. Or else his Dad put him up to it!

Plus 20 or 30 yrs ago or whatever it was we were all so precious about references to body parts, swearing etc. It was so shocking at the time. These days, it's nothing.

Plus 20 or 30 yrs ago or whatever it was we were all so precious about references to body parts, swearing etc. It was so shocking at the time. These days, it's nothing.
I warrant that the internet and the advent of social media has played a pretty big part in that. We're much more blasé about what we say and where we say it now.

Can't believe that no one mentioned Mork and Mindy in this thread.

Nanu Nanu

Last edited:
My avatar boys.

I've seen every episode 3 or 4 times and they are classics.