Review Memory lane

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 2, 1978.

The last premiership flag to be unfurled at Arden Street.

North plays host to Richmond.

Ross Henshaw plays his 100th game for North.

Blight is BOG with 31 disposals and 3 goals in his Brownlow Medal season, 19 year old Stephen McCann kicks 5 goals in his 7th match, John Cassin kicks 4 goals, and future Brownlow Medalist Ross Glendinning also kicks 4 goals in his second game for North.

Future Richmond champion Dale Weightman is also playing in his second VFL match, as North thumps them by 73 points (25-16 to 14-9).

This was the only premiership unfurling match that North won. Melbourne stole our thunder in 1976 and 1997. West Coast in 2000.

anyone watching North v Carlton now? These games are great, I was in the Uk 2000-2007 and in the early days especially it was hard to get hightlights or games. This is the first time I have seen Corey wearing the number 5, guess 31 wasn't available when he came back? and playing against Pagan.

Any I am seeing the cross over of our premiership players and people like Petrie and Wells for the first time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would love to know his head to head with Mathews stats. Looked like Lethal went after him, illegally, every time.

.........and people suggest Gary Abblet Junior is top 20 of all time?! :D

In 1977 Matthews had just put together arguably the greatest season by a rover in football history.

What Cable did to Matthews in 1977 is the equivalent Gary Abblet Junior (now) going head to head with Dustin Martin in 2017 and destroying him.

Just go to Parkin @~30:00 and Barassi @~35:00 for proof of that demolition.

If Cable had come over at 24-25 and stayed he would walk in to the AFL TOTC and top 10 ever discussions

The final quarter of the round 3, 1983 spifflication of the swines.

Our 2nd highest ever winning margin (140 points). Phil Kelly 44 disposals, Bruce Abernathy 43 disposals.

Still got two of those A3 posters that they handed out at the MCG of Rooboy. Should have them framed tbh.

Nice stuff, I never got my hands on one of those.

The final quarter of the round 3, 1983 spifflication of the swines.

Our 2nd highest ever winning margin (140 points). Phil Kelly 44 disposals, Bruce Abernathy 43 disposals.

@ 19:15, I always laugh at that call from Peter Landy. Concentrate on the game, you stupid Basil Zempilas forerunner..

Managed to find Harvey's 250th against the Dogs in 2008. This was the first meeting against them for the season where we were still finding our form a bit and the dogs were red hot-undefeated up to that point.

With a bit of luck, a choke Johnson kick after the siren, a 4 goal last quarter, we got home.

Managed to find Harvey's 250th against the Dogs in 2008. This was the first meeting against them for the season where we were still finding our form a bit and the dogs were red hot-undefeated up to that point.

With a bit of luck, a choke Johnson kick after the siren, a 4 goal last quarter, we got home.

Lower, Riggio, Campbell. Household names. Watt getting midfield time.

3 players who became triple Hawk premiership players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back