Review Memory lane

Remove this Banner Ad

Definitely the most see sawing season I have witnessed and chock full of memorable highlights.

IMO, this season rates closely to 1993 as the best of the last 50 years.

Definitely the most see sawing season I have witnessed and chock full of memorable highlights.

IMO, this season rates closely to 1993 as the best of the last 50 years.

Take a look at ~48:00 and watch how Bernie Quinlan brings up his 100th goal with a ~70 metre drop punt.

Round 21, 2002.

North needs to win the match to secure a finals spot and Whorethorn need to win to remain in finals contention.

We end their season.

Choppy kicks 4, and Jesse Sinclair plays arguably his best game for North in a BOG performance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another of Blight's great goals. A shame North threw the game away in the last quarter after leading all day. This was also the match where Keith Greig was reported. After the charge was thrown out Greig blasted the tribunal and the boundary umpire who reported him. Jimmy Krakouer was also in trouble after clashing with Rod Austin at the after match social gathering. Jimmy, who didn't play due to injury, claimed his brother Phil had been hit during the game. He was later reprimanded by Bob Ansett. A bad day all round.

Last edited:
Jimmy Krakouer was also in trouble after clashing with Rod Austin at the after match social gathering. Jimmy, who didn't play due to injury, claimed his brother Phil had been hit during the game.

Austin had been ankle tapping Phil all day, and yes, Jim dropped him in the social club.

One of the first games where we left early . I thought after leading all day we had blown it . Was pissed off left with 5 minutes to go. Safe to say we all went mental in the car driving down hoddle street when Wellsy kicked the goal lol. So I also decided to do it again when all was lost in the Thommo cobra game, same result. I should have tried it in that game in 98.

Malcolm kicked a goal in one of my early games that I can remember v Richmond. It was the Krakouer's first game. Unless I was dreaming it, as I was young. He baulked 2 or 3 players on the boundary then ran into the goal square and goaled. One of the best goals I have seen. It didn't win the goal of the week though on world of sport maybe it wasn't that good. Anyone remember it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back