Memphis Grizzlies : Playoff Bound

• Thread starter Fall Out Boy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Remove this Banner Ad

F

Fall Out Boy

I know most pundits are predicting that the Grizzlies will finish last but i'm convinced they're better than that.

They showed today, minus 3 starters that they can mix it with the best by beating the Kings.

In fact their injury woes are massive.

They're playing without the big body of Big Country and now are missing Lorenzon Wright.

And of course they've badly missed Mike D, imagine the backcourt they'll have with J Will and Mike D.

On the brighter side they've got two outstanding rookies in Shane Battier and Pau Gasol.
Battier is an outstanding shooter who can do it all and Gasol is a pure scorer but is also one of the leagues best shotblockers.

Playoff bound?? Maybe not but they've got the BEST young team in the NBA

Forgot to mention that i've had $20 on the Grizzlies to win a title before 2005 with William Hill in LOndon.

:D

LMAO!! The Grizzlies will make the playoffs as soon as the Lakers go 73 - 9 and break Chicago's record hahahahahhahhahhahah...

Memphis are ok and fair enough did beat the Kings (without Webber) but playoff bound is a dream, they will fight it out with Chicago for the woodenspoon.

Name another side that is missing 3 starters and is still competitive?

Originally posted by phatandphreaky
Name another side that is missing 3 starters and is still competitive?

Ok for starters there not really that competitive, secondly its only 2 starters and Wright has only missed 1 game so really its 1 starter, Big Country comes off the bench and Dickerson isnt a world beater and isnt missed like a Webber or T-Mac is missed.

The Grizzlies starting line up is

Williams
Dickerson
Battier
Gasol
Wright

Third, Memphis suck pretty badly, they always have and they probably always will.

Jod, do you ever look outside the square?

No one ever thought that Detroit were any good, no one thought Philly would re live the glory days, no one thought Dallas would ever be any good.

BTW They're starting lineup when everyones fit will be

J Will
Mike D
Battier
Wright
Big Country

The aim all along was for Gasol to be the 6th man and to have Lorenzon play at 4.

Where did you get the idea that Big Country wasn't considered a starter?

The man has started 341 of 395 career games, thats 87%

The aim of the Grizzlies signing Wright was so that he could fill the hole at 4 and complement the size of Reeves.

Cheers

Jod, do you ever look outside the square?

No one ever thought that Detroit were any good, no one thought Philly would re live the glory days, no one thought Dallas would ever be any good.

BTW They're starting lineup when everyones fit will be

J Will
Mike D
Battier
Wright
Big Country

The aim all along was for Gasol to be the 6th man and to have Lorenzon play at 4.

Where did you get the idea that Big Country wasn't considered a starter?

The man has started 341 of 395 career games, thats 87%

The aim of the Grizzlies signing Wright was so that he could fill the hole at 4 and complement the size of Reeves.

Cheers

Even if Reeves comes back and pushes Lorenzen to 4 it wont make much difference, just cos Big Country is a starter doesnt mean he is any good, Reeves is one of the worst centers going around. If i was Memphis id leave Wright where he is and throw Gasol into the 5.

Obviously the Grizzlies might be good one day but they came into the league with Toronto and look how the Raptors have progressed....Memphis constantly remind me of Freo. There will be no playoffs this year or next for that matter. Maybe in 5 or so years if Battier and Gasol come on...

Originally posted by jod23

Even if Reeves comes back and pushes Lorenzen to 4 it wont make much difference, just cos Big Country is a starter doesnt mean he is any good, Reeves is one of the worst centers going around. If i was Memphis id leave Wright where he is and throw Gasol into the 5.

When did i ever say that Big COuntry was a good player? I merely said he was a big body, which is exactly what the Grizzlies so desperately need.

Gasol at 5?????:p :p :p :p

Now that is laughable, i've followed Pau since i saw him at the Youth Basketball championships 6 years ago and to even contemplate playing him at 5 is laughable (not to mention ignorant).

THe man is moreso a small forward rather than a PF, the idea that he could play the 5 is akin to saying that Muggsy Bogues could start at centre.

When did i ever say that Big COuntry was a good player? I merely said he was a big body, which is exactly what the Grizzlies so desperately need.

Gasol at 5?????:p :p :p :p

Now that is laughable, i've followed Pau since i saw him at the Youth Basketball championships 6 years ago and to even contemplate playing him at 5 is laughable (not to mention ignorant).

THe man is moreso a small forward rather than a PF, the idea that he could play the 5 is akin to saying that Muggsy Bogues could start at centre.

I just reread my post and i thought you might think i meant at centre, i meant in the starting 5. You'll note i said leave Wright where he is which is at centre and i meant throw Gasol into a starting role. Either way it doesnt matter, Memphis are just plain bad.

Originally posted by jod23

I just reread my post and i thought you might think i meant at centre, i meant in the starting 5. You'll note i said leave Wright where he is which is at centre and i meant throw Gasol into a starting role. Either way it doesnt matter, Memphis are just plain bad.

Whatever :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I could have sworn you mentioned 'Wright at the 4' and Gasol at the 5', must be my eyes;)

nah.. memphis will still do pretty badly..
not as bad as the bulls or cavs... but, still pretty bad...

they arent the best young team...

no contest... the best young team would be Indiana by a mile (they're actually the second youngest team, behind the clips)... the clippers are better than memphis.... and the new jersey are still a v. young and inexperienced team too...

yep... once fit, he'd prob be slotted back into the starting five..
even tho he is a sh1thouse player...
this lump of crud is their highest paid player $(*#&@?!

But to be fair Bryant Reeves is a long way from being the worst centre in the business.

As for the money, I suppose the money is better spent on Big COuntry who averages 12.8 ppg and 7 rpg rather than Ostertag who gets more money than Big Country for his 6 ppg and 6rpg.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

reeves contract is worth double that of ostertags ~

not sure how he'll play this year if he gets back...
might be even slower than before...

there are worse centers, but he just stands out, cos he's big, white, unco with a bad haircut..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back