men at aerobics class

Remove this Banner Ad

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 - Orazio Fantasia, Anthony McDonald Tipungwuti, Shaun McKernan Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 - Orazio Fantasia, Anthony McDonald Tipungwuti, Shaun McKernan Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
I go to the gym three times a week. Twice I do a Body Balance class and once I do a Body Pump class. I love them and it gives you a really good workout. However, there is usually no or only one other man there and I feel a bit conspicusous. Is there any reason men don't go to these classes?

Raskolnikov said:
I go to the gym three times a week. Twice I do a Body Balance class and once I do a Body Pump class. I love them and it gives you a really good workout. However, there is usually no or only one other man there and I feel a bit conspicusous. Is there any reason men don't go to these classes?
Easy, they think that you're a perve. Could be a bit of territoriality, like if a girl started footy training with the boys.

ExTasDeeMan said:
Easy, they think that you're a perve.

Spot on!

Sad though. Aerobics is excellent for building up flexibilty and overall body strength. In all honesty, you'd be crazy to leave it out of your weekly routine. Personally, I know I should be doing aerobics. My flexibility is shot. :(

Blame social ethics for this one...

.... and blame Canada!

to be fully serious though
a lot of guys think its a bit gay, and not very manly, not like lifting weights for instance, they might feel too embarrassed to go to aerobics and stuff

but its fantastic for your cardio-vascular system, as well as flexibility etc, everything Funkalicious said above. dont stop it, worry about yourself and your own fitness and dont bother about what other people think mate, you wont get anywhere that way

:thumbsu:

Pump classes are great. You might be the only guy in there at the moment but not for long. A great workout and chicks in gym gear? They'll figure it out sooner or later. ;)

The first time I did a pump class, I did the manly thing and put too much weight on the bar - the next day I could not move my arms - not even to type. :eek:

Binxy said:
Pump classes are great. You might be the only guy in there at the moment but not for long. A great workout and chicks in gym gear? They'll figure it out sooner or later. ;)

The first time I did a pump class, I did the manly thing and put too much weight on the bar - the next day I could not move my arms - not even to type. :eek:

Excuse my ignorance, is a pump session aerobics with weights?

Star said:
Excuse my ignorance, is a pump session aerobics with weights?
Essentially - it's done to music. So when you're doing bicep curls for instance, you end up doing them (or variations of them) for 3 minutes solid. As I said, I put too much weight on the first time and by 2:40, I couldn't lift the bar.

Binxy said:

Ha ha, I did the same thing. :D

Lol. I can't remember making this thread. I have since moved on to bigger and better things (i.e. CrossFit):D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back