Opinion Menegola or Constable in best 22?

Who do you want in best 22?

• Menegola

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Constable

Votes: 16 40.0%
  • Both

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Neither

Votes: 3 7.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

So whose your choice? Are they even competing for a place?

Possibly - can't have too many one-paced mids in your 22 these days I wouldn't have thought.

I've been down on Menegola for quite a while but his finals series wasn't too bad in 2019, unlike previous years. Marks pretty well for his size as we know. His defensive efforts in the finals this year were much improved on previous showings.

I haven't seen a lot of Constable but the thing that impressed me was that he just gets it and moves it on quickly. Doesn't sound like much, but it's a good attribute imo; doesn't feel the need to hold onto the pill unnecessarily, seems to know his limitations and plays to his strengths accordingly.

I've gone for Constable.

Not a great deal in it,they play different roles if you ask me,but I'm going Menegola for now if I can only have one as he will give you more game time which helps with rotations.

Better vote for him in the poll....he hasn't many friends just yet......

Actually, I thought he performed pretty well in the finals this year....

I am

Menegola is picked every time even after an injury lay off, Chook has been overlooked due to fitness and defensive issues.

sorry but that’s how the MC sees the list at the moment, Chook may well push others out of the side and that will be due to him earning a spot.
Somehow you are missing the point. Constable is a baby who is building his tank to be a star of the competition. Menegola is a hard working bottom six player. If we are to build for the future, we need to work to get Chook, Stephens, Clark, Miers, Fogarty, Cockatoo, Narkle and Parfitt into the seniors wherever possible.
Besides, I think Menegola will be with Fremantle in 2021.
Getting repetitive games also applies to O'Connor, Henry, Kolo, Kreuger and even DeKonning after next year.
We need a future foundation developing under the tutelage of self, danger, Ablett, Hawkins, Taylor etc.

IMO Menegola is not best 22 anymore and it showed in his performances late last season.

He's slow, terrible defensively and when he went forward had no impact or worse got out marked!

I'm playing just about ALL our mids ahead of him but he's not alone, I don't think Tuohy's best 22 either and I'm playing Bews, O'Connor and Clark all ahead of him as well.
Should we have traded him to WCE and back to WA? Only problem is that we cleaned out their draft picks :D

I think Menegola was carrying an injury last season though?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even if CC and Menegola were fighting for the same spot (which I don't believe they are) at this point I would go with Sam simply because he can run all day...and he has performed now in finals...CC may earn his spot if shortcomings have been addressed ...and like YPO suggested, can then put pressure on our block of inside mids...

Cooper Stephens may well step in from Round 1...so there's real pressure on CC to step up....he's got the talent, but can he step forward now...

Menagola only played 12 games last year, had injury issues but still averaged 19 possessions and 3.5 tackles a game.
His season was comprised through injury but he still managed reasonable finals and home and away games.
I don't think it's a matter of either or.

Constable! Not only is he best 22 and riddled with potential, he makes our other mids better. Gets the inside ball, feeds off to the mids a layer out then we are off to the races.

I'd be pulling far too many players to not get flamed on this forum. Playing Menegola at present feels like backward step for our team. He isn't improving. Best case he plays as he was. He'd be depth for mine.

I may have an irrational affection for Chook.

CC needs to improve a fair bit to be considered best 22. He will definitely get games next year so hopefully he can live up to some of the lofty expectations that some here have of him. Give the kid some time.

Menegola had an injury interrupted year but is still a best 18-25 player. He will always be around the fringe of our lineup. Very handy depth. I thought Sam was one of our best throughout the finals and deserves to start best 22 next season.

This is how I currently rank our midfielders on what they've shown so far and where they're currently at. Bolded are the players we need to get games into.

1. Dangerfield, Patrick
2. Duncan, Mitchell
3. Selwood, Joel
4. Ablett, Gary
5. Guthrie, Cameron
6. Steven, Jack
7. Atkins, Tom
8. Parfitt, Brandan
9. Narkle, Quinton

10. Menegola, Sam
11. Constable, Charlie
12. Cockatoo, Nakia