Player Sponsorship MENS 2018 - Jaidyn Stephenson. More sponsors needed. Join now and get the badge!

Remove this Banner Ad

Time to start thinking about this. I'll post all the details soon, but everyone who is interested in being part of the sponsorship please think about which player you want, and indicate your contribution.
I've removed the Elite Players as all interest has been for this group. It's also more affordable and any money left over will purchase some Copeland Tickets.

Future Players $2300
Sam McLarty
Kayle Kirby
Rupert Wills
Brayden Sier
Nathan Murphy
Max Lynch
Flynn Appleby
Tyler Brown
Jaidyn Stephenson
Brody Mihocek
Adam Oxley
Jack Magden

This is a list of the prizes to be drawn for either package.
Please note that where it says 'you and a guest' that in our case that actually means 2 people from our sponsorship. If you wish to take your own guest you will need to purchase another ticket.

» You and a guest will have the chance to mingle with your sponsored player(s) at the 2018 Collingwood Season Launch Cocktail Function where you will receive recognition in the program.

» Gourmet dining and entertainment in the Presidents club function for you and a guest at each of the games below:
Round 11 v Fremantle
Sunday 3 June, 3.20pm, MCG

Round 18 v North Melbourne
Saturday 21 July, 1.45pm, MCG

» Invitation for two children to attend the 2018 Magpie Stars School holiday clinic (Date TBC). (Children must be aged between 6 – 12 years).

» Access to a pre-purchase window to book two tickets to the 2018 E.W. Copeland Trophy Dinner on Friday 5 October 2018.

» You and a guest will be invited to attend the exclusive Player Sponsor breakfast at the Glasshouse where you will be seated with your sponsored player(s) on Monday 16 April.

» You and a guest will be invited to a mid-season review of the team hosted by Collingwood Football Club key personnel from the football department. Providing insight into how the team is tracking behind the scenes.

Your choice between a 2018 official team-signed guernsey or a 2018 guernsey personally signed by your sponsored player. Accompanied with a certificate of authenticity.

» Official player sponsor’s scarf with the opportunity to purchase an extra scarf, exclusive to player sponsors.

» One General Admission membership, providing entry to all MCG home games.

Receive recognition in the 2018 In Black and White Yearbook.

You get one chance for every $50 that you sponsor, and are eligible for only one prize. If you can't accept it it will go back in the pool for a re-draw.

Please indicate very clearly if you do not wish to be in the draw for a particular prize, eg the GA membership
There is a lot of work involved in sorting all this out and I'd appreciate you checking through the prizes and making your preferences known asap.

For those that have asked this money goes to the Club. For your $50 or more you have the chance to win one of the above prizes and get a cute little badge to wear under your avatar
(check out Vicky Park or Gone Critical)

Payments are to be made to the following bank account and please notify when you do so. PM me if you need any further details regarding payment

CBA Magpies Big Footy
BSB 062-692
Acct number 26753891

These are the same details as last year.

Thanks everyone. And please remember to vote for a player asap but only if you are participating.

list of sponsors #44

Last edited:

Bad Horse

Petfood
Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019 Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Steph Chiocci 2017
Mar 26, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Horse is in for $50.

Will support Kirby provided free hugs are involved.

Last edited:

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Sam McLarty seems a ripper kid.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I’m in for my usual 50.

Happy for whoever, though like McLarty.

Don’t mind Sier either.

Not fussed actually.

(Always amusing how the club breaks down the players to categories. Unsure if it’s well thought out to extract the most dollars or it’s done fairly quickly without great thought.)

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I say Stephenson but I reckon Kirby will win in a Land Slide
If I did Kirby jokes I'd say he'd cause the land side.
But I don't do Kirby jokes fortunately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
This is a valid question. Where does the money go?
On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Never quite understood what this was about? Money goes to player or club?
Club.

And only to the club. Ultimately it's a fund raiser by Collingwood. Most (all?) clubs do it.

Under the guise of "bigfooty magpies" the various posters that put in (in doses of $50) all become eligible for various things the club gives for sponsoring a player.
For each $50 you get one draw from the eligible pool.
Things like Copeland tickets, breakfast thing, jumpers are given for sponsoring (exact things will be listed on this thread by the organiser.)

Oh and each poster who puts in gets to have a "badge" on their avatar of the players name.

Hope that helps. Basically a way for Collingwood to extract good cold cash from people.

Club.

And only to the club. Ultimately it's a fund raiser by Collingwood. Most (all?) clubs do it.

Under the guise of "bigfooty magpies" the various posters that put in (in doses of $50) all become eligible for various things the club gives for sponsoring a player.
For each $50 you get one draw from the eligible pool.
Things like Copeland tickets, breakfast thing, jumpers are given for sponsoring (exact things will be listed on this thread by the organiser.)

Oh and each poster who puts in gets to have a "badge" on their avatar of the players name.

Hope that helps. Basically a way for Collingwood to extract good cold cash from people.

Thank you for your very clear explanation. I had always wondered!

I would like to join and put in $50, if that's the going rate.
My preferences would be Sam McLarty, Nathan Murphy or Jaidyn Stephenson but I really don't mind if another player is chosen.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Thank you for your very clear explanation. I had always wondered!

I would like to join and put in $50, if that's the going rate.
My preferences would be Sam McLarty, Nathan Murphy or Jaidyn Stephenson but I really don't mind if another player is chosen.
My pleasure.
Our mod Magpie Girl is our outstanding person for these type of things. And great mod too.

(Sucking up am I) :)

Kirby, followed by Murphy are my preferences.

And just to make it crystal clear for MG, I'm in for one of these green and yellow thingys:

hundred-dollars-note-b.jpg

Kirby, followed by Murphy are my preferences.

And just to make it crystal clear for MG, I'm in for one of these green and yellow thingys:

hundred-dollars-note-b.jpg
thankyou VP

I need the interpretation service again :rolleyes:

or I could just put them all down for 200:D

That's an Avocado also known as 10 Skydrivers and 10 Rashers or two lobsters, one Lawson and one pineapple :D
so lobsters, Lawsons and pineapples are all the same?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back