Fixture Mens 2024 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't help but feel like analysing the fixture too deeply in terms of opposition 4 months out from round 1 is a bit like reading tea leaves. We were licking our lips starting with Saints and North this year and proceeded to have our pants pulled down.

Couple of observations
  • when was the last time we played the crows over here? Have they even played us at Optus?
  • back in tas for the hawks, back to regular programming
  • no homecoming for Henry, while Shoota gets Friday night at optus
  • game I most want to win goes to Carlton

Can't help but feel like analysing the fixture too deeply in terms of opposition 4 months out from round 1 is a bit like reading tea leaves. We were licking our lips starting with Saints and North this year and proceeded to have our pants pulled down.

Couple of observations
  • when was the last time we played the crows over here? Have they even played us at Optus?
  • back in tas for the hawks, back to regular programming
  • no homecoming for Henry, while Shoota gets Friday night at optus
  • game I most want to win goes to Carlton
I recon the start looks similar to last year. Good on paper but could easily go sideways. Getting a good team round 1 is actually good as anything can happen and you might bank an early win or at least not have a loss massively dent the confidence.

looks ok to me. Only nightmare games (expected top team at their home ground) are R5, 14, 16, and 23.

Not the best double ups for a bottom 6 team though with Bullies, Sydney, and Port. We are becoming Melbourne's 'bogey' team and their home game is at Alice. Would have hoped for one of those to be a Hawks or Roos instead but not unexpected.

Shoota to get a home ground welcome from the Optus crowd. Let’s show him who is passionate 😁

Shoota to get a home ground welcome from the Optus crowd. Let’s show him who is passionate 😁
We'll get the bongos out, form a quick song circle and give him a rousing Kumbaya - recognising the pressing personal issues that forced him to Tanzania for a holiday before ******* off to the Pies for fame and fortune. I am sure someone can write a special didgeridoo-based song cycle of healing.

Filthy little campaigner.

On another note, always a lottery waiting for the fixture to come out to see which home games you get when working FIFO.

8/11 this year, not too bad.

Edit: Hold on, do we lose a home game this year having to ****ing play it in Adelaide?

No. We still have 11 home games. We are listed as the away team anyway for Gather Round.

Right gotcha, FFC website only showing up to round 22 for some reason

This one has up to round 24.

fixture-jpg.1853733

Overall a pretty good fixture for us. Can’t really be angry about that. I don’t see the fixture as an excuse for not doing well next year. Missing finals will be completely on other factors.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 Friday night homes games can go and get massively ****ed.
Small minnow club mentality right there.
We can’t complain that we are ignored and not taken seriously on a national level then simultaneously complain on the rare occasion when we are pushed into the spotlight.
I want as many primetime games as possible for this club. Bring on the Thursday, Friday and Saturday night games on national TV. At least that’s a sign we are finally becoming relevant again.
This idea that we play better on a Sunday avo on KAYO than on Friday night on channel 7 is not true, and even if it was - wouldnt we want to address that if we ever want to win anything?
It’s not like if we ever get to a GF it will be played in Launceston on KAYO at 11:45am with by Kelli underwood on commentary.
We need to embrace the big time, or whatever few scraps of it we receive.

We can’t complain that we are ignored and not taken seriously on a national level then simultaneously complain on the rare occasion when we are pushed into the spotlight.
I want as many primetime games as possible for this club. Bring on the Thursday, Friday and Saturday night games on national TV. At least that’s a sign we are finally becoming relevant again.
This idea that we play better on a Sunday avo on KAYO than on Friday night on channel 7 is not true, and even if it was - wouldnt we want to address that if we ever want to win anything?
It’s not like if we ever get to a GF it will be played in Launceston on KAYO at 11:45am with by Kelli underwood on commentary.
It’s the time difference that’s the issue, AFL announced Friday night games will start at 7:40 for channel 7 reasons. So our home Friday night games will start at 5:40 WA time, except the Good Friday game which will be 4:40 as daylight savings doesn’t end until Easter Sunday.
Very happy to play away games on a Friday night, if you can get home from work by 5:40!

We have 3 Friday night games but it looks like only one will be ‘prime time’.

Good Friday the broadcast game will likely be North v Carlton and we play the Swans 40 mins after the Power play Geelong in Geelong.

We’re still likely being relatively hidden from National coverage.

It’s the time difference that’s the issue, AFL announced Friday night games will start at 7:40 for channel 7 reasons. So our home Friday night games will start at 5:40 WA time, except the Good Friday game which will be 4:40 as daylight savings doesn’t end until Easter Sunday.
Very happy to play away games on a Friday night, if you can get home from work by 5:40!
Doesn’t everyone work from home after Covid now anyways?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back