Fixture Mens 2024 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

We have 3 Friday night games but it looks like only one will be ‘prime time’.

Good Friday the broadcast game will likely be North v Carlton and we play the Swans 40 mins after the Power play Geelong in Geelong.

We’re still likely being relatively hidden from National coverage.
Yeah that’s right, but our Saturday night game v the bulldogs will be FTA nationally too I think.
It’s also unclear in R10 whether it will be saints v freo or brisbane v Richmond that is broadcast nationally on Saturday night. .
I’m not sure about the Geelong v port game, it starts at 7:10 on a Friday night which is very early for FTA. Wouldnt be surprised if they show us v swans instead.

Playing Essendon at MCG for first time since 1999.

There the only MCG Tenant we haven't beaten there.

After beating the Hawks in the last round.

We have beaten Demons, Tigers, Pies, Blues, Hawks, Cats, Kangaroos at least once at the G in our history.

Yet to play the Saints or Bulldogs at the G.
clown league is the afl

If freo lose to north, and those other tough early games

JLo Could be out of a job after a wce loss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree, the opener v Brisbane is tough but a decent performance would suffice.
Lose to North as well in round 2 however, and things could very quickly spiral out of control for JL.
That north game is simply must win territory already.

Negotiating the bye round and surrounds is likely to be tricky and a bit of a test of their maturity. Big game against Melbourne in Darwin to lead into it (this year the pre-bye big game seemed to be a boost). Then travelling interstate to play the Dogs (who have their bye the week following...double whammy!), then Suns (bye prev), Swans (A) and Tigers.

We have 3 Friday night games but it looks like only one will be ‘prime time’.

Good Friday the broadcast game will likely be North v Carlton and we play the Swans 40 mins after the Power play Geelong in Geelong.

We’re still likely being relatively hidden from National coverage.
The good friday games are sequential aren't they, according to AFL website North Carlton starts at 420 Vic time, we start at 720 Vic time. Probably both will be national FTA on Ch7 but if not, I think we're more likely to be given we're in the evening prime time

If freo lose to north, and those other tough early games

JLo Could be out of a job after a wce loss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone's an optimist :sweatsmile:

Not sure it would happen - pressure would certainly mount externally, but the stability of the club means Jlo survives to the point where finals are an impossibility before the trigger is pulled . That said, only 7% of 0-3 clubs go on to make the finals so would be pretty grim for all involved.

Good draw for Freo.

Hopefully Brissie come out of the blocks slowly, a big scalp r1 would be great and set up the year.
We finished bottom 6.

I expected and easier draw.

Sure we got eagles twice who are wooden spooners. But I expected hawks or North twice.

We somehow ended up with 3 teams in the top 8 twice.

We finished bottom 6.

Sure we got eagles twice who are wooden spooners. But I expected hawks or North twice.

Rated by fox as the equal hardest draw using the 18 to 1 points scoring system. Without factoring in travel!

Rated by fox as the equal hardest draw using the 18 to 1 points scoring system. Without factoring in travel!
This is nonsense. It looks a decent draw. In any case, these sorts of assessments are based on sides being the same relative strength from one year to the next, which never happens.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The good friday games are sequential aren't they, according to AFL website North Carlton starts at 420 Vic time, we start at 720 Vic time. Probably both will be national FTA on Ch7 but if not, I think we're more likely to be given we're in the evening prime time
Nope. The north game at 4:20 will definitely be FTA like it has for several years now. That’s a AFL marquee spot for some time and will 100% be on channel 7.
I expect our game to be on KAYO after it. That’s what happened last year to whoever was playing in pretty sure.
Channel 7 won’t be showing 2 games in a row that never happens

Someone's an optimist :sweatsmile:

Not sure it would happen - pressure would certainly mount externally, but the stability of the club means Jlo survives to the point where finals are an impossibility before the trigger is pulled . That said, only 7% of 0-3 clubs go on to make the finals so would be pretty grim for all involved.
That is true. Starting 0-3 will make finals hard. Even if it's 23 games

This is nonsense. It looks a decent draw. In any case, these sorts of assessments are based on sides being the same relative strength from one year to the next, which never happens.
we finished bottom 6, 14th to be exact.

we only get the eagles twice. why not get North and hawks twice as well rather than the swans and Port who finished in the top 8?

Nope. The north game at 4:20 will definitely be FTA like it has for several years now. That’s a AFL marquee spot for some time and will 100% be on channel 7.
I expect our game to be on KAYO after it. That’s what happened last year to whoever was playing in pretty sure.
Channel 7 won’t be showing 2 games in a row that never happens
Wasn't that 2nd game WC and Sydney game at Optus where the swans were up 50-0 in the 1st quarter

We finished bottom 6.

Yeh but ultimately it’s easy enough if we are good enough.

You don’t really know who has the easiest draw until the end of the season anyway.
Anyway a year early for our window I reckon.

Yeh but ultimately it’s easy enough if we are good enough.

You don’t really know who has the easiest draw until the end of the season anyway.
Anyway a year early for our window I reckon.
really?

you think our window is from 2025 onwards?

I hope so....

I want freo to make back to back finals asap. we only got 2012-5 as the only time we done it.

really?

you think our window is from 2025 onwards?

I hope so....

I want freo to make back to back finals asap. we only got 2012-5 as the only time we done it.
Yeh I mean maybe not the peak but I think Erasmus, Johnson, Dris, Amiss, Treacy, Chapman and Young (as a mid) might be just mature enough for us to be a chance. Not favourites but a chance.

Still hard to know where some of those players can get to, but I wouldn’t be surprised if a couple became superstars of the game.

Also depends on how good the coaching is, where the jury is still out.

Quirk of the draw, and I don't think it is an advantage or disadvantage but during rounds 6-20 (14 games for us plus a bye) we play 5 teams twice in that period. Usually most of the double ups you get a couple out of the way early. So for some teams we will not play them until we have played another team two times during the year.

Rd 6, WC
Rd 7, WB
Rd 8, Rich
Rd 9, Syd

Rd 10, Stk
Rd 11, Coll
Rd 12, Melb
BYE
Rd 14, WB
Rd 15, Suns
Rd 16, Syd
Rd 17, Rich

Rd 18, Haw
Rd 19, Melb
Rd 20, WC

Quirk of the draw, and I don't think it is an advantage or disadvantage but during rounds 6-20 (14 games for us plus a bye) we play 5 teams twice in that period. Usually most of the double ups you get a couple out of the way early. So for some teams we will not play them until we have played another team two times during the year.

Rd 6, WC
Rd 7, WB
Rd 8, Rich
Rd 9, Syd

Rd 10, Stk
Rd 11, Coll
Rd 12, Melb
BYE
Rd 14, WB
Rd 15, Suns
Rd 16, Syd
Rd 17, Rich

Rd 18, Haw
Rd 19, Melb
Rd 20, WC
I have the theory that it is better to play top sides early, bottom and young sides late.

Brisbane, Adelaide, Carlton, and Port early is not the worst. I would prefer to play North in the last 5 games, not the first.

I have the theory that it is better to play top sides early, bottom and young sides late.

Brisbane, Adelaide, Carlton, and Port early is not the worst. I would prefer to play North in the last 5 games, not the first.

Some teams fade as the others get stronger

I tend to agree although some teams become surprise packets

Rd 6, WC
Rd 7, WB
Rd 8, Rich
Rd 9, Syd

Rd 10, Stk
Rd 11, Coll
Rd 12, Melb
BYE
Rd 14, WB
Rd 15, Suns
Rd 16, Syd
Rd 17, Rich

Rd 18, Haw
Rd 19, Melb
Rd 20, WC
It does seem odd that rounds 21-23 we play teams we haven’t played earlier in Bombers (at the G no less), Cats and GWS.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back