Coach Men's Coaches 2024 - Ringing in the changes for next year

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Senior Coach: Brad Scott (thread)
reports to the Chief Executive Officer
  • Ben Jacobs – Assistant Coach (Defence)
  • Daniel Giansiracusa – Assistant Coach (Midfield)
  • Brent Stanton – Assistant Coach (Midfield)
  • Dale Tapping – Assistant Coach (Forwards)

Head of Development: Cam Roberts
reports to the General Manager, AFL
  • Travis Cloke – Development Coach (Forwards) & VFLW Head Coach (VFLW thread)
  • Michael Hurley – Development Coach (Backline), Jack Jones Academy & Player Welfare
  • Natalie Wood – Development Coach (Teaching & Education) & AFLW Senior Coach (Coach thread)

VFL Senior Coach: Blake Caracella (VFL thread)
  • Adam Potter – VFL Assistant Coach

Last edited:
I’m not sure Jordan Lewis or Robert Walls were ever club employees to begin with.
Nor was McKinnis.

Mahoney is/was an employee, Thorburn was employed for one very expensive day, and Hisgrove is on the board of directors which isn’t quite the same thing as being an employee.

Appreciate your input but I didn’t say employed and I imagine it wasn’t Lewis or Walls that ran the ruse moreso they were the decoys.
And we are talking the wrong coaching ruse.

Burnt him twice .

Is having Choco mentor and then handover to Hird instead of Hird being mentored by Bomba the biggest sliding doors moment in Australian sporting history?

Is having Choco mentor and then handover to Hird instead of Hird being mentored by Bomba the biggest sliding doors moment in Australian sporting history?
or go the premiership coach over an under 9s part timer when you've been in the wilderness for nearly a decade.

or go the premiership coach over an under 9s part timer when you've been in the wilderness for nearly a decade.

All well and good until it turns out the premiership coach is on ice and filling the club with rogue actors.

X Clarke and Chris Newman off the table.

I keep hearing about moves but the longer you wait the more candidates are off the table.

Scott is already not the most tactically adroit candidate we could have picked, the least we could do is actually surround him with someone that is.

X Clarke and Chris Newman off the table.

I keep hearing about moves but the longer you wait the more candidates are off the table.

Scott is already not the most tactically adroit candidate we could have picked, the least we could do is actually surround him with someone that is.
Have an of our assistants been moved on though. No sure we have any vacancies currently
I’d be going after Stuart dew for our forward line

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only vacant spot we have now is development coach / VFL coach .

The longer you wait, the closer to the closer to the bottom of the barrel we get I guess.

It would seem as if all the existing assistants are safe, quite surprising, I would have thought Scott would take a hatchet to them as well.

The longer you wait, the closer to the closer to the bottom of the barrel we get I guess.

It would seem as if all the existing assistants are safe, quite surprising, I would have thought Scott would take a hatchet to them as well.
Maybe we have our eye on someone still involved in finals. It is not really the longer you wait at all.

Bombers stuffed it again..Ratten could have filled any number of roles
Ratten does not want to coach as such. His new role at the Hawks will be a director of coaching style role. Not something we are running with given Scott has a lot of experience and we have McPherson as GM of performance. Vozzo also fills a major role in the football program .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back