Dramoth

Premium Platinum
Jul 19, 2005
Bunbury, WA
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Just in case anyone is wondering, I am still plodding along. I don't know if I'm progressing or if I'm just stagnating. My pshrink and I have been working on behaviour based therapy because CBT doesn't seem to work with me. We've been identifying a hell of a lot of ways that my mum mentally and emotionally abused me and is still abusing me through.

Sometimes she does something that really does my head in and sends me into a spiral. Like today... mum has a pressure sore on her arse. She sits in her chair all day, only getting out of it to go to the toilet or go to bed. Occasionally, she wanders up the street with a friend for a coffee or she goes out with a driver from our local aged care services provider. I've told her constantly she needs to get up and walk around. But she doesn't listen to me. Today at the doctors for her palliative care doctor appointment, we were talking about it. Every time she head something she didn't like, she tried to change the subject. Thankfully, the doctor wasn't taking any of that sh*t and laid down the law. Mum tried to put the blame on the chair she sits in... said that she relives the pressure by lifting up the foot rest of the recliner. I explained to her that 1/3 of her weight is in her legs and that 2/3 is in her body and that's what is applying all the pressure to her arse. She tried to poo poo it, and the doctor supported me... called her out about it and said I was right. And then she got a bit of a grump on.

This is the sh*t I have to deal with. And it keeps breaking me.

myblueroan

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 26, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Just in case anyone is wondering, I am still plodding along. I don't know if I'm progressing or if I'm just stagnating. My pshrink and I have been working on behaviour based therapy because CBT doesn't seem to work with me. We've been identifying a hell of a lot of ways that my mum mentally and emotionally abused me and is still abusing me through.

Sometimes she does something that really does my head in and sends me into a spiral. Like today... mum has a pressure sore on her arse. She sits in her chair all day, only getting out of it to go to the toilet or go to bed. Occasionally, she wanders up the street with a friend for a coffee or she goes out with a driver from our local aged care services provider. I've told her constantly she needs to get up and walk around. But she doesn't listen to me. Today at the doctors for her palliative care doctor appointment, we were talking about it. Every time she head something she didn't like, she tried to change the subject. Thankfully, the doctor wasn't taking any of that sh*t and laid down the law. Mum tried to put the blame on the chair she sits in... said that she relives the pressure by lifting up the foot rest of the recliner. I explained to her that 1/3 of her weight is in her legs and that 2/3 is in her body and that's what is applying all the pressure to her arse. She tried to poo poo it, and the doctor supported me... called her out about it and said I was right. And then she got a bit of a grump on.

This is the sh*t I have to deal with. And it keeps breaking me.
I hope you are getting the support you need Dramoth. Sounds like most important right now for you is respite relief help. I think we spoke about this before. Also consider putting mum into full time care. Only you can come to these decisions.
Thinking of you.
:blueheart:

Dramoth

Premium Platinum
Jul 19, 2005
Bunbury, WA
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
As a follow up… this morning, she’s sat in the other recliner saying “I want you to swap this one for the other chair” and that her normal chair is the reason for her pressure sore.

I’m afraid to say I lost it a bit. I’m an IT professional. We’re supposed to get up for 10 minutes every hour to prevent pressure sores. I know what the fu** I’m talking about. But no… that stupid old woman thinks that she knows better. Even her ******* doctor agreed with me when I told her how her pressure sore developed. And today, she knows better and it’s the chair causing her issue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad