Resource Mental Health

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely shattered and heartbroken for you and that beautiful little girl and her family (just read about the tragedy on news.com.au)

You are a beautiful and strong and caring human being Wicks, and I have no doubt you will be a strong and caring a father/parental figure to her brother and her family during this truly horrific time..

I just donated 50 dollars to help support her family (funeral expenses) on the gofundme link on the news.com.au article.

All my healing thoughts/prayers and kind thoughts to you and the family of the lost angel.

Take care mate.
We all love ya here on the Carlton board :)

Thank you so much for donating. It means a lot to "our" family.

You don't choose your "blood" relations in life but as I told the Mum's new partner things like this certainly prove that you can choose who your "real" family is.

She's the niece I'll never have and the Mum is ttuly like a sister.

The surviving son is doing well. He's not aware of what has happened (he's highly autistic too) but he and my boy who have only ever paralleled play (doing their own thing in a shared space) actually played together for the first time together yesterdwy evening. He couldn't stop laughing the entire time. It was the cutest thing ever. My partner recorded it and shared it with Mum and our group chat (Team Mum essentially).

It's a tragedy but we'll do what we can to pick up the pieces end help Mum and son get through this as best we can.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for donating. It means a lot to "our" family.

You don't choose your "blood" relations in life but as I told the Mum's new partner things like this certainly prove that you can choose who your "real" family is.

She's the niece I'll never have and the Mum is ttuly like a sister.

The surviving son is doing well. He's not aware of what has happened (he's highly autistic too) but he and my boy who have only ever paralleled play (doing their own thing in a shared space) actually played together for the first time together yesterdwy evening. He couldn't stop laughing the entire time. It was the cutest thing ever. My partner recorded it and shared it with Mum and our group chat (Team Mum essentially).

It's a tragedy but we'll do what we can to pick up the pieces end help Mum and son get through this as best we can.

You're one of the very best posters and people we have on this board Wicks and it was my honour to try help out in what way I could.

May the new year brings much happiness and light to yourself and your family and extended family and loved ones.

🌞

Thank you for all of your kind messages and words of support over the past two and a half weeks. Thanks again to those of you who supported the family with your generous donations.

We celebrated Mia's beautiful, precious and short life today. Her funeral was gorgeous and heartfelt. The overwhelming majority of us wore watermelon themed clothing - bright and colourful. The way she loved life and would want to be remembered.

We've already initiated plans to have a bbq in a few weeks with the Mum (my partner's best mate) and her closest friends in a few weeks to ensure that our group give her the type of love and ongoing support and mateship she's going to need.

You're all awesome. Thanks again.

Went and saw my pshrink today. She asked if I would be interested in doing the MDMA PTSD trial here in WA. Don't know how it is going to go for me, but if it means I can start working properly again, then I am all for it.

While there are the naughty connotation about MDMA, it actually made me feel somewhat normal in the past when I took it while out clubbing. Mind you, so does most stimulants I've taken illicitly in the past. That I have a lot of symptoms associated with ADHD, this would make sense.

Went and saw my pshrink today. She asked if I would be interested in doing the MDMA PTSD trial here in WA. Don't know how it is going to go for me, but if it means I can start working properly again, then I am all for it.

While there are the naughty connotation about MDMA, it actually made me feel somewhat normal in the past when I took it while out clubbing. Mind you, so does most stimulants I've taken illicitly in the past. That I have a lot of symptoms associated with ADHD, this would make sense.

I think a lot of these stimulants when used in the right fashion can do a lot of good.

People will always look at the downside and the trouble they can cause but when used correctly will serve a positive purpose.

I've never really touched recreational drugs but living in the spinal unit for several months and making friends with the other patients (it was like a college dorm more than a standard hospital for those who weren't bed bound) I watched how good things like cannabis could help those who needed it.

You'd be in a controlled environment (right?) using it in a prescribed manner. Personally, I think you have much more to gain out of it than you do to lose.

Sounds like a plan. At least worth the effort in a controlled environment.

I grew up a bit of a wowser. Frowned on drug use, even cannabis, as it was the evil of the day. Had trouble relating to the growing use of it by my peers. Now it is embraced as almost a cure all which has been denied the public with misinformation driven by “Big Pharma”. I haven’t tried yet, but I am sure it is coming at some stage (if affordable)

Have been on prescription pain killers for years. Went “cold turkey” off Tramadol 13 years ago due to adverse health effects, an eye opener indeed, didn’t sleep for a week. Medications have their proprietary names and we don’t often relate to the content. Recent consult was a bit of a revelation. “You realise you are taking 60-80mg of morphine daily” depending on which dose I choose at night. I have no addiction. Can forego day or night dose on a whim (if planning to have a drink, or social occasions that are not overly physically taxing) If I want to be active during the day, or take the edge off to sleep, it is essential.

If it is clinically recommended and monitored, surely is worth a try.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back