Resource Mental Health

Remove this Banner Ad

Really struggling atm. I’ve probably annoyed a lot of people on this board over the time as I am often cynical and pessimistic. Just know that it was nothing personal.

No stress mate...
Same as Wickzki always here if you need to chat...

If you need a more serious chat there are always your local Dr or lifeline or beyond blue...

Really struggling atm. I’ve probably annoyed a lot of people on this board over the time as I am often cynical and pessimistic. Just know that it was nothing personal.
The fact you can get enough distance between mood and and outcome to analyse and recognise is cause for celebration. :) Self-awareness is a massive step into healing. The humility to apologise and maybe get some help is a beautiful thing. Please know you are not alone James Dean.
Many ways available to help with struggle. Maybe as suggested you could get some free psych sessions through your GP? Discuss options there. A wound can be deep or shallow but always needs cleaning out. It is hard work but so rewarding.
Free financial counselling is also available if that might be causing stress.(as it is to so many post covid crisis.) Maybe download a free app like smiling mind and do some short daily time outs with that. Look at your exercise regime... something regular with others can be uplifting too.
Congrats on your courage for showing up and reaching out.

1:35am, sitting by my mobile waiting for the Bunbury hospital medical register to call.

Mum was admitted last night at around 10:30osh... I think that's when the ambo left with her in the back. But before they left, they delivered a hammer blow to me. Mum tested positive for covid.

Good news of the night though... I've tested negative so far. I thought I stuffed up the first test, so I wandered down the hospital, explained what had happened to the triage nurse on duty, and she tested me again. I didn't stuff up, I am negative.

She went to check on mum because they weren't letting me in to A&E to see her, and the doctor treating her wanted to talk to me. I have to make the decision that if her heart stops beating, do they resuscitate her. Despite everything she's done to me over the year, I still want her around... she is my mum.

What a ******* night.

1:35am, sitting by my mobile waiting for the Bunbury hospital medical register to call.

Mum was admitted last night at around 10:30osh... I think that's when the ambo left with her in the back. But before they left, they delivered a hammer blow to me. Mum tested positive for covid.

Good news of the night though... I've tested negative so far. I thought I stuffed up the first test, so I wandered down the hospital, explained what had happened to the triage nurse on duty, and she tested me again. I didn't stuff up, I am negative.

She went to check on mum because they weren't letting me in to A&E to see her, and the doctor treating her wanted to talk to me. I have to make the decision that if her heart stops beating, do they resuscitate her. Despite everything she's done to me over the year, I still want her around... she is my mum.

What a ******* night.
Hope you’re doing alright heart ❤️

Hope you’re doing alright heart ❤️
Cheers Cringle, I tested positive yesterday. Was absolutely rank... coughing, sweating, zero energy. Feeling much better today. still coughing a bit and sneezing a fair bit as well. Hopefully feeling much better tomorrow.

Cheers Cringle, I tested positive yesterday. Was absolutely rank... coughing, sweating, zero energy. Feeling much better today. still coughing a bit and sneezing a fair bit as well. Hopefully feeling much better tomorrow.

Take care of yourself Buddy, you are one of the good folk's on this forum.

Hopefully the Baggers can lift yours (and ours) spirits tomorrow. I am actually feeling unexpectedly optimistic about our chances :)

Wanted to get in early here. There might be a few here tonight and over the next little bit where tonight will just be another boot in the back of the head.

As somebody who has been managing the black dog for most of my life (it’s chained by medication) please reach out and chat and seek intervention if the thoughts start spiraling.

Stay strong.

In the post-game thread, I said that I was going to delete my BigFooty account after today’s game. I stand by that However, I owe an explanation.

Those of you who want to think badly of me, go right ahead. I could care less - especially those laughing or mocking my in-game and post-game posts.

This season has been all or nothing for me.

I had hoped that my personal health battles were over following my 3-month hospitalization last year.

Unfortunately, prior to the Gold Coast game, I found out that I have terminal illness. (Sorry Coona Blues, I know you've said I was off the boil when we caught up before the game).

There is nothing that can be done. I do not know how much time I have left.

I am deteriorating fairly rapidly. I feel nauseous and off every day.

I have my medical negligence settlement in September, a few weeks away. I am hoping to settle with enough funds to enable my partner to get a house in a nicer area than we live in now while paying comparable money on a mortgage to what she is currently paying in rent. I want to put our kid into a better school more suitable for his needs and to help set up his future.

Because justice, sport, and the future of this game is important to me I hope to leave a decent donation to AFL Queensland to be dedicated to the training of umpires. I think this is the best contribution I can make.

When this is accomplished if I’m still kicking then I’ll end things mercifully knowing that my job is done.

I have Jury Duty this week. Likely to be my last civic duty.

If I have offended or upset anyone over the past four or so months then please know it was never my intention.

Born to be BLUE, lived life as a BLUE, dying BLUE.

Thanks to the players and the club for the courageous season. It meant an enormous amount to me. It's the proudest I've been in the club for many, many years.

Thanks to you all for all the mateship, camaraderie, and Carlton-ing over the years.

#17 is closer than you think.

I'm so sad to read your news Wick. Can't believe it. You are one of my favourite people here and have been through so much. Absolutely shite news. Really sad that you are going to cancel your BF account and that we couldn't get a finals birth for you.
I hope you stick around but such a pleasure sharing time here with you.

❤️

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the post-game thread, I said that I was going to delete my BigFooty account after today’s game. I stand by that However, I owe an explanation.

Those of you who want to think badly of me, go right ahead. I could care less - especially those laughing or mocking my in-game and post-game posts.

I had hoped that my personal health battles were over following my 3-month hospitalization last year.

Unfortunately, prior to the Gold Coast game, I found out that I have terminal illness. (Sorry Coona Blues, I know you've said I was off the boil when we caught up before the game).

I have my medical negligence settlement in September, a few weeks away. I am hoping to settle with enough funds to enable my partner to get a house in a nicer area than we live in now while paying comparable money on a mortgage to what she is currently paying in rent. I want to put our kid into a better school more suitable for his needs and to help set up his future.

Because justice, sport, and the future of this game is important to me I hope to leave a decent donation to AFL Queensland to be dedicated to the training of umpires. I think this is the best contribution I can make.

When this is accomplished if I’m still kicking then I’ll end things mercifully knowing that my job is done.

If I have offended or upset anyone over the past four or so months then please know it was never my intention.

Thanks to the players and the club for the courageous season. It meant an enormous amount to me. It's the proudest I've been in the club for many, many years.

Thanks to you all for all the mateship, camaraderie, and Carlton-ing over the years.

You're genuinely one of my favourites on BF, Wick.

Hugs Love GIF by joeyahlbum

Anytimecyou want a chat Wick..anytime at all. Here or message me.
One day at a time... or 1 hour or 1 minute.
Getting practical stuff orgnised is great. Then you can let go and really be present with family. :hearts:

Take care mate... I'll catch you on messenger later on for a chat!

Shattered to read this Wickzki.

You’re one of the best posters on here, and I always enjoy your measured post game insights.

All the best with whatever is to come, it sounds like you’re doing the best you can given the circumstances.

And could the 31st of August please just * off and die somewhere in a ******* septic tank somewhere.

Today is my late stepdad's birthday. It's now 5 years since we celebrated his last birthday with him. Shitty start to the day (in a fashion).

I got up this morning, thought I would check what's happening on Facebook... and one of my best mates from Port Hedland was telling the world that his mum passed away last night or early this morning. This is a woman who would respond to me and my mates all walking into their place and saying "Hey mum" with a "hello, hows it going". She was a lovely person and the world is less for her passing. VALE Mum D.

And for the final kick to the balls before I go to bed. My dad, my real dad... not the stepdad, contacts me via farcebook messenger. He was going in for a checkup and a couple of tests the other day. He thought it was a trapped nerve. Got the results back... and he's got Parkinson's.

Talk about ******* depressing.

Anyone got any cute cat or dog videos to make laugh?

And could the 31st of August please just * off and die somewhere in a ******* septic tank somewhere.

Today is my late stepdad's birthday. It's now 5 years since we celebrated his last birthday with him. Shitty start to the day (in a fashion).

I got up this morning, thought I would check what's happening on Facebook... and one of my best mates from Port Hedland was telling the world that his mum passed away last night or early this morning. This is a woman who would respond to me and my mates all walking into their place and saying "Hey mum" with a "hello, hows it going". She was a lovely person and the world is less for her passing. VALE Mum D.

And for the final kick to the balls before I go to bed. My dad, my real dad... not the stepdad, contacts me via farcebook messenger. He was going in for a checkup and a couple of tests the other day. He thought it was a trapped nerve. Got the results back... and he's got Parkinson's.

Talk about ******* depressing.

Anyone got any cute cat or dog videos to make laugh?
Is there someone you can talk to over there to help get you through these tough times?

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I don't deserve them but nice to read.

Have been on jury duty.

Had one case that left me mentally distraught all of last week. Accused was accused of a 3-year ongoing sexual relationship with a same sex minor. Cops really ****ed the case up. Like really badly. Interviewed the kid twice in three years as well as two other family members neither of who corroborated the victim's story. None of it checked out. No physical evidence, nada. Cops didn't follow up on anything else. Didn't even perform basic fact checking. Somehow it proceeded all of the way to court.

Cop takes the witness box. Defense barrister had a field day. Why didn't you do this, this, and this. "The DPP didn't ask me to" (everyone knows you give the DPP an open and shut case as they don't have time to do the investigation for you).

Will never know if accused was guilty or not. If not has had their name dragged through mud needlessly for 4 years. If guilty got away with it due to negligence from the police. Either way the system has failed the victim - if it didn't happen has missed out on vital years of the right types of therapy.

I already have reservations about authority hence my OTT behavior to umpires. But honestly left questioning if something were to happen to my stepson or your (if you lived here) loved ones how could we possibly believe in their ability to be protected.

'Stood by' over for a similar case today, thankfully.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I don't deserve them but nice to read.

Have been on jury duty.

Had one case that left me mentally distraught all of last week. Accused was accused of a 3-year ongoing sexual relationship with a same sex minor. Cops really *ed the case up. Like really badly. Interviewed the kid twice in three years as well as two other family members neither of who corroborated the victim's story. None of it checked out. No physical evidence, nada. Cops didn't follow up on anything else. Didn't even perform basic fact checking. Somehow it proceeded all of the way to court.

Cop takes the witness box. Defense barrister had a field day. Why didn't you do this, this, and this. "The DPP didn't ask me to" (everyone knows you give the DPP an open and shut case as they don't have time to do the investigation for you).

Will never know if accused was guilty or not. If not has had their name dragged through mud needlessly for 4 years. If guilty got away with it due to negligence from the police. Either way the system has failed the victim - if it didn't happen has missed out on vital years of the right types of therapy.

I already have reservations about authority hence my OTT behavior to umpires. But honestly left questioning if something were to happen to my stepson or your (if you lived here) loved ones how could we possibly believe in their ability to be protected.

'Stood by' over for a similar case today, thankfully.
Absolutely the system fails many victims.

I am a primary school teacher and I once reported child sexual abuse, a father to his own daughter, nothing was done not even an interview with the child. Also reported another one of physical abuse to different child, sat in on one quick interview with child where she didn’t say anything so it was dismissed.

It’s not good enough.

Lost my old boss today...
He was the best manager I've had and really looked after us staff and was a top bloke out of the office as well...

Haven't seen him for over 12 months, prostate cancer took him within a month of finding out...
Thought I'd be fine... But, it really did effected me today and has been on my mind all day...

To all the gentleman on here in risk, or age profile, go make an appointment and get yourself checked...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back