Menu on the left hand side of the screen...

Remove this Banner Ad

In 50 years, we'll all look back at this as the day Bigfooty died. That block of redundant links and poorly targeted advertisements generated more discussion than Chris Judd's trade and Barry Hall's punch combined.
Now it's gone.
I'll miss you sidebar, and I'll always remember you fondly as the technological touchstone of our generation.

I feel as empty as the left side of my monitor.

Per Adrian's direction, like BigSoccer, BigFooty will someday have an effective side area for promotions and, yes, ads. sorry folks... These sites don't run by magic :)

Per Adrian's direction, like BigSoccer, BigFooty will someday have an effective side area for promotions and, yes, ads. sorry folks... These sites don't run by magic :)
But you get $10US per a BFSC signing up, and you also have 4 ads already on the page, what justification can you have for cutting the pages by a quarter?

So do it for the people who don't pay the BF Supporters Club fee; surely that is fair?

Keep the ads at the top and the bottom of the page, but, for BFSC people, that's all.

Also, Chief, can you clarify who owns this site? I always thought you were the man.

so what you are saying is it's only a temporary reprieve and that's a decision made by Adrian (not someone higher up the chain)? :confused:

I was only joking ...Chief where is the side bar.

How can I meet gays in my area now? (I don't live near the WCE or Hawthorn)
How will I know HSBC are running a promotion?

You just don't care do you big fella?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:| Enjoy your err... Oh nvm

I do however like of trying to get more BFSC members, with stuff like some other features or reduced advertising for those members (IE: No sidebar) you might get more people signing up. I didn't mind the sidebar IF you can get the forum to fit in, this didn't really work when the sidebar was up there before with page formatting messing up across the scale imo. So if that's sorted, and it's not so intrusive then it'd probably be ok.

You may yet 'scape a lynch mob.

But you get $10US per a BFSC signing up, and you also have 4 ads already on the page, what justification can you have for cutting the pages by a quarter?

Well for those with a BFSC membership at the least.

OOoooooooo .... sprung! :p

What I will try to get is a tier of membership which removes all banner ads in the forum. You'd still get the odd promo announcement or email but the ads would be removed. I don't know how much hacking around that is but I'll see what Huss thinks we can do.

OOoooooooo .... sprung! :p

What I will try to get is a tier of membership which removes all banner ads in the forum. You'd still get the odd promo announcement or email but the ads would be removed. I don't know how much hacking around that is but I'll see what Huss thinks we can do.
How much will this tier of membership cost? And what other benefits will it provide?

Plenty of space underneath these posts.

And the unpaid members avatar spot's may be another point for an unobtrusive ad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back