List Mgmt. Menzel re-signs for 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
200_s.gif

As much as I love the guy, it appears to me that his body just cant hold up to the rigors of AFL. Im not particularly comfortable having someone on the list who needs to have a spell every few games.

So is Mark Stevens full of s**t here? What has changed from a week ago with positive comments from the club and Menzel?
We're about to enter a finals campaign where we desperately need and expect Menzel to play a vital role. Similar to Dangerfield leaving Adelaide / most free agents, and regardless to whether or not Dan will end up leaving, can we expect anything other than positive comments from both club and player?

We're about to enter a finals campaign where we desperately need and expect Menzel to play a vital role. Similar to Dangerfield leaving Adelaide / most free agents, and regardless to whether or not Dan will end up leaving, can we expect anything other than positive comments from both club and player?
Well the comments on Motlop seem like they are at face value.. why would club lie about Menzel and Bews for that matter? Who writes the K Rock twitter feed, Benny Cas trying to piggyback stevo on the story he was rolling with months ago?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well the comments on Motlop seem like they are at face value.. why would club lie about Menzel and Bews for that matter? Who writes the K Rock twitter feed, Benny Cas trying to piggyback stevo on the story he was rolling with months ago?
Motlop is clearly a different kettle of fish - it's common knowledge he's been shopped around.

Why is Motlop a different kettle of fish? Why be transparent with Mots situation no Menzel, makes no sense
Because:
Motlop is clearly a different kettle of fish - it's common knowledge he's been shopped around.
There's no point trying to be coy about it after the club acknowledged it during last year's trade period. Menzel is a different story - up until midway through this season there was no reason to believe there's a chance he wouldn't be playing for Geelong in 2018.

Still laughing.

Anyway, he's in trouble. His body is clearly struggling late in seasons, even though his knees are now seemingly, touch wood, structurally sound.

I'd be giving him the Pies game off and back for GWS then week 1 final after the bye. Absolutely crucial to our September chances.
You know when it was whispered he may move on I was unimpressed... but if we could get anything for him I'd take it now i reckon.
Love him, love what he has done... but I have zero faith in his ability to play out seasons.

The fact he is so vital for us is a huge problem when he is an week by week prospect

As long as we have BEWS signed up, that is all.

We are just low on attaching forwards. That will change with injured players coming back but I think the club will be looking at an import.

You know when it was whispered he may move on I was unimpressed... but if we could get anything for him I'd take it now i reckon.
Love him, love what he has done... but I have zero faith in his ability to play out seasons.

The fact he is so vital for us is a huge problem when he is an week by week prospect
We have put that much time into him why let him go now. He is a match winner, those players don't grow on trees

We have put that much time into him why let him go now. He is a match winner, those players don't grow on trees
Well he is not the property of the club or the fans. If he wants to go he will. I sure he feels a debt to the club and the fans but at the end of the day it is just his job.

I can appreciate that, but I have no faith in his ability to perform when we need him.
Happy to keep him.. don't get me wrong.

But if we got something of value for him... well I'd be happy with that as well

I can appreciate that, but I have no faith in his ability to perform when we need him.
Happy to keep him.. don't get me wrong.

But if we got something of value for him... well I'd be happy with that as well

He'd still be worth an R2 I reckon 20-30. Package him up for Lever and I'd be laughing ;)

He'd still be worth an R2 I reckon 20-30. Package him up for Lever and I'd be laughing ;)
i mean obviously that is never ever going to happen.... but just imagine the melts if it did!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back