Club Legend
Jul 31, 2000
TAS
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Lets see who can pick the two winners:

Merc: It will be against N.S.W. and W.A with N.S.W. winning.

Pura: It will be against S.A. and QLD with S.A. winning.

What do you lot think?

I don't know much about state cricket, mainly international, but I would say:

Merc: NSW
Pura: QLD

I've heard alot about these teams and they seem to be very good sides. NSW have alot of the aussie team and QLD are exceptional cricketors.

I rate Victoria as big chances this year for the Pura Cup.

They will probably square off against Queensland. But also a chance are WA SA and don't write off Tasmania either.

NSW ? - I just don't rate them at the moment. Having lots of Test players in the squad is a mixed blessing - it's not good for team harmony and continuity to have players constantly in and out of the squad all the time. Its a cricket team , not a revolving door !

I rate the Viccies as a huge chance for the Pura Cup. Provided Fleming and Rieffel stay fit and Colin "Funky" Miller sees a bit of match time then their bowling attack presents a bit of a problem for opponents.

Batting needs to pick up though. Elliott and Arneberger carried the load last year, so the likes of Hodge, Harvey and Craig need to become more consistent.

But realistically I think Queensland are the yardstick. Have the experience and talent and are rarely affected badly by national selection.

WA will be there as well. Be another QLD, VIC final. SA will have Lehmann and Blewett all year as well, considering both are out of favour with national selectors.

One day comp...probably WA or SA.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back