Opinion Merge with Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Richmond could be our VFL affiliate and perhaps one game a season we could wear black and yellow socks to recognize their heritage.

Another pro to the merger is that Richmond supporters can finally say they are the biggest club in the country and it actually be the truth.
I reckon the black and yellow socks idea for one round is a great idea, we should do that in our bye round and make a big deal about how if we had a game to play we would totally honour their heritage.

Round 1 team needs more Swan. What's the point in the takeover if we can't start a new rat pack? I suggest off season priority number one is to bring back Shaw. Ben Johnson as a development coach.
Then we'll need to get Jakey "push-up" King out of retirement

Then we'll need to get Jakey "push-up" King out of retirement

We could have a dedicated push up coach. That's the sort of innovative thinking from the football department which will see us rocket back up the ladder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think this would work, but only if we get to play at Punt Road Oval. Then I can sit in their lovely old grandstand and stare dreamily towards the east, to the old brick factories and roofs of Tigerland.

Here it is. We could paint the yellow bits white. Easy.

ri27.jpg

Im not sure if this belongs in the level headed thread or deserves its own thread, so mods I wont take it personally if you do move it there.
I think we should merge with Richmond who are somehow going worse than us! Basically the new team would be called the Collingwood Magpies and we get to keep our colours and stripes. The team also gets to have Collingwoods theme song despite Richmond arguably having a pretty damn good song. I guess its more Richmond giving Collingwood all their best players then ceasing to exist rather than a true merger.

Round 1 2017 after merger is complete:
FB: Houli-Brown-Williams
CB:Reid- Rance- Scharenberg
C: Deledio- Adams- Sidebottom
HF: Elliott- Moore- Martin
FF: Fasolo- Reiwoldt- Edwards
RR: Grundy- Pendles- Treloar

Bench: Varcoe, Crisp, Degoey, B Ellis

Emergencies:Cox, Cotchin, Howe
Coach: Brett Ratten

Pros For Pie fans:
- Get some really good players while keeping almost everything intact
- Have some good kicks in the back half like Houli and Ellis.
- Full Forward that kicks straight
- Richmond doesn't exist anymore

Cons for Pie fans:
-Have to pretend to like 'richmond fans'

Pros for Tiger fans:
- Finally get to support Treloar
- Don't have to support Richmond anymore
- Get to experience a finals win

Cons for Tiger fans:
- Lose team colours and logo
- Lose team song

Richmond go pretty well v Hawthorn, so absorbing some of their better players would work well for us and make this team into a genuine contender.

The Collingwood issue this year is missing personnel. Not having Cloke, Brown, Swan, Williams, Elliott, Varcoe, Adams, Langdon, Scharenberg, Witts, Ramsay, Goldsack or Sinclair to play against Carlton and it shouldn't be a great shock that a loss occurs.

As a hypothetical team (assuming full health I'd list a best team of):
B: Tom Langdon Alex Rance Marley Williams
HB: Bachar Houli Ben Reid Chris Yarran
CEN: Steele Sidebottom Trent Cotchin Adam Treloar
HF: Dustin Martin Travis Cloke Brett Deledio
F: Shane Edwards Jack Riewoldt Jamie Elliott
FOLL: Brodie Grundy Scott Pendlebury Dane Swan
BENCH: Travis Varcoe Alex Fasolo Tyrone Vickery Brandon Ellis
EMG: Taylor Adams Nathan Brown Ivan Maric

This group would have an incredibly dynamic front half and would be the clear class of the competition. A very versatile (lots who can play mid/fwd and inside/outside) and classy midfield group, perhaps lacking a contested ball winning beast, but with so many able ball winners and stoppage players I'd back them in with confidence. Down back the balance there is a lot off offense and enough stoppers to get by.
Overall it would be a very offense styled team, but with the need to move the ball quickly and efficiently in today's game, I like this group in combination together, with some of these guys (Yarran as an example) likely to be a lot better on a better team with several others who can do damage offensively.

Not sure where the idea of Brett Ratten coaching came from given he is an assistant at Hawthorn.

Damien Hardwick would be the better choice as head coach. Nathan Buckley would along with Mark Williams and Ben Hart be the best combination to fill the assistant coach roles.

B: Alex Rance ~ Nathan Brown ~ Marley Williams
HB: Chris Yarran ~ Ben Reid ~ Barchar Houli

M: Brett Delidio ~ Taylor Adams ~ Travis Varcoe
R: Brodie Grundy ~ Scott Pendlebury ~ Adam Treloar

HF: Dustin Martin ~ Travis Cloke ~ Shane Edwards
F: Darcy Moore ~ Jack Reiwoldt ~ Alex Fasolo

I/C: Jack Crisp ~ Brendan Ellis ~ Daniel Rioli ~ Trent Cotchin

Lol Knightmare's come in with an analysis piece now. Vickery in the merged team though Knightmare.. c'mon.. I'd prefer Gault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back