Competition Merger Of The Week 6 - Collingwood, Geelong and Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

No backstory from me on how such a club would come about... it is a mutation. Only thing I'd suggest is it'd remain in Sydney and thin out the number of Victorian clubs.

gorillas_logo.png

How'd the name come about? Playing around with the names, I thought of the clubs: Sydney, Collingwood, Geelong. SCG. Apart from the ground, they're the first three initials of Stuart MacGill. MacGill = Magilla, led to Magilla Gorilla.

gorillas.png

Retains black and white stripes, navy and white hoops, and red back. All three old club logos on the shorts. Taronga "sponsorship" on the back, but more promotion of an environmental message. Foxtel on the front as that's Stuart MacGill's current "employer" (he was last seen doing a wine show on the Lifestyle Channel).

The numbers list comes up because it gets a mention in a few of the tutorials - I think even though it's no longer used, it's a pretty cool thing to know about.

GEELONG MAGPIES

Pretty Original, but I think it works.

AFL wanted to keep a team based in Geelong, Therefore thats what Geelong gets out the the deal, Collingwood want to keep their traditional logo, So Sydney's colours become the teams colours (Also because I believe it is the best looking jumper out of the three)

Logo has Geelong/Sydney Logo's inclosed inside, with the monogram 'Collingwood Football Club' removed to be replaced with just a plain black circle.

Jumper serves as both the teams Home/Away/Clash as it was part of the deal made with the AFL

GADGHA.jpg

Name:
South Geelong Football Club

Mascot: Magpie

Colours: White, Black, Red and Navy

Home: The home jumper is the Geelong's home, Collingwood's home and Sydney's 1907 home/2009 Heritage combined.

23hammy23

Thanks hammy it took a while to think of it but it's amazing what you can do when you think.

I like your blue and gold outfits well done.

Good stuff people.

Here is my first entry:

Name: Sydney Magpies
Colours: Red(from sydney), Blue or whatever(from geelong), Black(from Collingwood)
Home: I used the Magpie from the 2001-2004 collingwood away jumper because it looks cool. The stripes underneath it are also based on that guernsey. The main colour is Red for Sydney and the stripes are blue for the cats.
Away/Clash: This jumper is predominately white to avoid clashes.

Heres my second entry:

Name: Sydney Magpies
Colours: Blue(from Geelong), Red(from sydney), White(from all 3)
Home: The home jumper uses blue as its base colour and has the magpie off the 2001 - 2004 collingwood away jumper. It has 3 hoops underneath which have been on the Geelong jumper for a long time.
Away: I adopted the design on the Sydney jumper in 1912 - 1920 and 1923 - 1931. It was coloured blue as Geelong and predominately white for collingwood and to avoid clashes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

nope it's tonight [9th], but with your "Fashionably Late™" trademark I have a feeling you'll be submitting tomorrow night anyway ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back