Competition Merger Of The Week 6 - Collingwood, Geelong and Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought I might post a 2nd design (You are allowed two designs right?) so here it is, The Sydney (ugly) Ducklings.

gcs.png

The name came to me whilst I was making the home jumper and trying to incorporate Sydney, and red into the design... Failing miserably. Thinking how ugly it looked, that child's book with 'the ugly duckling' turning into a swan, the criticism Sydney sometimes receives for playing 'ugly' football, and for the fact that whatever scenario causes this trade, it's gonna be ugly.

The colours are black (Collingwood), white (all), navy blue (Geelong), and light blue (initially by accident, but represents the water in which ducks inhabit).

Home design is a slight adaption of the Collingwood's vertical stripes in conjunction with Geelongs horizontal stripes, and the away jumperis just with the logo of the duck with a light blue 'water' background, mainly designed to promote the new image to the public. I could've went with a white and light blue vertical stripes and black/navy blue horizontal stripes, but that was an afterthought and I also wanted the away jumper to be significantly different to the home.

My first of two entries.

In a bid to make Aussie Rules more appealing to the large population of British Expats, the AFL has announced that the merger of three of its oldest (Queen) Victorian clubs will ironically revive the old "Allies" SOO concept.

The logo is a modern take on the famous "Three Lions" of England, incorporating elements from the three club's emblems.

The main strip is predominantly white, the common colour of all three, with the V of South Melbourne, the vertical stripe of Collingwood and the horizontal of Geelong forming the Union Jack.

The clash strip is an obvious spin-off of the old Allies strip, with the mascot separting the blue yoke from the design below (like Collingwood and Geelong's old away, and Sydney's former preseason). The black tartan-like design shows the crossover of the Magpies and Cat's stripes, whilst adding another Empire element.

UK-based insurance, airline and automobile sponsors - BritInsurance, British Airlines and Bentley - replace the club's former partners in these industries.

(For those wondering, the lighter navy blue is actually called, "Victroian Blue", as worn by the English Football Team's third kit)

I'll post the second one after lunch - it's finished I promise - as I'll be out until then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the trend of code-switching upon us, NRL side South Sydney have an interesting solution to keep their players in the organisation.

High-profile moviestar owner Russel Crowe has bought out AFL sides Geelong, Sydney and Collingwood to create the South Melbourne Wildcatohs - the nickname hinting at the wild nature of the preceeding Magpie and Swan, to "fierce-ise" a fairly timid domestic pet as only Souths can.

The kits use the hoops of Geelong and the old South Melbourne with white/black vertical side panels akin to Collingwood.

Crowe has made sure the new side pays particular hommage to his beloved Rabbitohs, right down to the sponsors - nab --> nib, DeLonghi --> Aussi; with ISC keeping ties with the new club from previous relationships with Sydney and Geelong.
MensHomeJersey100x100-4ca4a15d-df64-4402-a030-62f900a776f2.jpg

MensAwayjersey100x100-b8b6a4cc-9e48-4bf9-ba0d-098043c47f34.jpg

Sorry I had planned to complete it Friday night but the site was down (wtf :thumbsdown:)
And then I was away for the long weekend without internet. Apologies fellas.

The Simpsons, have the "No Homers Club", soon we'll see the Footy Jumpers forum with a "No Smeagle Club / Comp"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back