• Jackson Macrae

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Skipper_

Premiership Player
Sep 8, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
There was a debate on the main board over Merrett and Macrae and someone suggested to start a thread so here it is. :p

Yeah make it public. My feeling is that the first few votes on either side are from supporters of either team.

Just like how you can tell how the first few reviews of a restaurant on Zomato are from friends of the owners

Full disclosure: I voted for Macrae. Unlikely he wins this poll though. Lung busting defensive running doesn't show up on the stat sheet.

Merrett is probably ahead but not by as much as some seem to think on the main board.

Hard to compare them in 2016, very different roles. One contributing to a dominant midfield whilst the other being the best player in a terrible team. Merrett was great last night, Macrae ripped up a finals series including kicking the most important goal in our clubs history.

You'd swear our midfield was Bont and a bunch of battlers. Players like Macrae, Dal, Libber and Hunter are genuine guns.

Merrett is probably ahead but not by as much as some seem to think on the main board.

Hard to compare them in 2016, very different roles. One contributing to a dominant midfield whilst the other being the best player in a terrible team. Merrett was great last night, Macrae ripped up a finals series including kicking the most important goal in our clubs history.

You'd swear our midfield was Bont and a bunch of battlers. Players like Macrae, Dal, Libber and Hunter are genuine guns.

First team ever to win a flag with one half decent player and a bunch of scrubs, apparently haha

Don't know if a couple of fans biting back and exaggerating constitutes a "debate" but what the hell.

Merrett for me, but he's probably rated about where he should be.

The lack of appreciation for Macrae's gut running, decision-making and inside/outside game is criminal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Merrett on output is a better player but I would bet my house that if their roles were reversed on their respective teams, everyone's opinion would change.

Haha that's easy for a Carlton supporter to say when they haven't won a flag since dial up modems were cutting edge. It's also bullshit.

What on earth does the club I support have to do with things?

Oh that's right, it's the classic "your club is s**t, therefore your opinion is irrelevant" argument...also known as the fallback option for those who have nothing to contribute.

Trod on - there are plenty of threads you've embarrassed yourself in with your whinging that a premiership doesn't elevate each individual Dogs player individually to a level above their peers. There's no need to add this one to that growing list.

Not sure why Essendon/Bulldogs supporters care really. One plays for one of the best teams in the league that will be challenging for premierships for a while and the other plays at a mediocre team that is going nowhere.
Who is the better player is irrelevant

Sent from my SM-P555 using Tapatalk

Not sure why Essendon/Bulldogs supporters care really. One plays for one of the best teams in the league that will be challenging for premierships for a while and the other plays at a mediocre team that is going nowhere.

Meaningless footy related discussion happens on a football forum. It's just a bit of fun.
I would also disagree that Essendon are going nowhere. We have drafted a very talented core of young players with half the top picks Melbourne has used. Good times ahead for the bombers.

Lol. You mean that team that your team couldn't beat with half a side?

Back