Merrett vs Macrae

Who's the better player?

• Zach Merrett

• Jackson Macrae

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure why Essendon/Bulldogs supporters care really. One plays for one of the best teams in the league that will be challenging for premierships for a while and the other plays at a mediocre team that is going nowhere.
Who is the better player is irrelevant

Sent from my SM-P555 using Tapatalk

Bit harsh, Doggies will still be challenging.

Merrett is having a brilliant start to the year. Often compared to Cripps from his draft, and I think after this start, even Mrs Cripps would have to send some apology flowers to her son for picking Merrett over him

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Merrett for mine (bias and all). Macrae is a quality player though and can certainly rack them up.
I think Merrett just has more hurt factor.

Merrett for mine (bias and all). Macrae is a quality player though and can certainly rack them up.
I think Merrett just has more hurt factor.

Macrae can rack it up but doesn't really have the hurt factor with his disposal. His kicks are quite floaty. He runs both ways very well though.

Merrett is better offensively no doubt.

Macrae can rack it up but doesn't really have the hurt factor with his disposal. His kicks are quite floaty. He runs both ways very well though.

I would say Merrett is equal defensively as well. Gut run's both ways and is a good tackler.

Macrae's forte is running to dangerous positions and then defensive positions for the entirety of the game, from the very start to finish. He covers some enormous territory and is the link up man out of defence and into our forward line. Kicking is every suspect though

Merrett is a better player but I wouldn't trade Macrae for him. Macrae is worth too much to our side.

Plus Macrae kicked the goal to end the Bulldogs prelim hoodoo. I don't care what anyone says, sentimentality matters in footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure you'd ever have the chance to give your approval.

A million dollars is worth more than a thousand, but I wouldn't make that trade........

Merrett wouldn't be worth to us what we'd have to give up to get him.

Merrett is a better player but I wouldn't trade Macrae for him. Macrae is worth too much to our side.

Plus Macrae kicked the goal to end the Bulldogs prelim hoodoo. I don't care what anyone says, sentimentality matters in footy.
By the same token, I wouldn't trade Franklin, Fyfe or Bontempelli (if he were playing for another team) for Macrae. I just think he's so, so, so good.

A lot closer than people think. Macrae is a genuine star. Still underrated by a lot on here. Tough as nails too.

Macrae is well in front on 2018 form.
Even performed on the weekend getting tagged without Bontempelli in the midfield. Absolute beast inside and out now.

Macrae by a country mile, 66% of Merrett's touches from last season come from Bombers Back 50 pretty similar % as most small defenders. Merrett is a better user though but can't really win the footy as a mid more as a defender.

Back