Mod. Notice 'Merry Christmas' and a 'Happy New Year'

Remove this Banner Ad

Wishing all of our wonderful posters & their families
a very "Merry Xmas" & a Happy & Prosperous 2014!
Thanking you all for your valuable ongoing contributions to our Board this year and may it continue next year.
Bring on 2014!
From your awesome Mod Team :)
ODN, Aph, Chism & Jeremias
0045.gif
Christmas-tree-lights1.gif

been busy
Hope the Mods had a great 1 lying in their awesomeness!
Happy new year all

the reason I regift is because I don't like crap lying around in my cupboard clogging up space for things I really need or want.

One year my step sister who is always crying poor gave my sister's partner a sachet of aftershave she found in a magazine. I am sorry I just had to share that and this year we brought it up (not with her) and laughed.

:eek: wow! Never heard of that before! :eek: :eek: :eek:

the reason I regift is because I don't like crap lying around in my cupboard clogging up space for things I really need or want.

One year my step sister who is always crying poor gave my sister's partner a sachet of aftershave she found in a magazine. I am sorry I just had to share that and this year we brought it up (not with her) and laughed.

My best friend's stepmother gave her a hamper of things that she took out of her pantry...which would be fine, except the box of crackers was open and half-eaten, and one of the tins was dog food. My friend doesn't have a dog.

My best friend's stepmother gave her a hamper of things that she took out of her pantry...which would be fine, except the box of crackers was open and half-eaten, and one of the tins was dog food. My friend doesn't have a dog.
Surely not MEB :eek:

Reckon it was the greatest day of the year.

The old man, hungover, would drag the family into the Ford Truckster for the lunge towards Essendon, would stop at the Brikkies Arms for takeaways, then off to Kerferd St.

Nanna used to do the greatest Roast in the universe, then we'd do the pudding with the coins in it.

We used to have a pianola, you thump your legs and the the music goes, and we'd end at 7 o'clock.

Thought the day was magic.:thumbsu::rainbow:

Reckon it was the greatest day of the year.

The old man, hungover, would drag the family into the Ford Truckster for the lunge towards Essendon, would stop at the Brikkies Arms for takeaways, then off to Kerferd St.

Nanna used to do the greatest Roast in the universe, then we'd do the pudding with the coins in it.

We used to have a pianola, you thump your legs and the the music goes, and we'd end at 7 o'clock.

Thought the day was magic.:thumbsu::rainbow:

Much simpler times my friend.

Nowadays kids want the latest thingy-me-bob or whatsit-called.

Had some interesting experiences with in-laws at times, lucky our kids are pretty resilient and have manners or things could have been very awkward if the explanations required on the way home to help them understand other peoples behaviour are any guide.

Christmas is really for the kids, managing expectations is the parents responsibility. Grown ups should take a back seat for one day of the year and think about creating the space to allow memories like you have.

Much simpler times my friend.

Nowadays kids want the latest thingy-me-bob or whatsit-called.

Had some interesting experiences with in-laws at times, lucky our kids are pretty resilient and have manners or things could have been very awkward if the explanations required on the way home to help them understand other peoples behaviour are any guide.

Christmas is really for the kids, managing expectations is the parents responsibility. Grown ups should take a back seat for one day of the year and think about creating the space to allow memories like you have.

These days thanks to the consumer attitudes of people, every present has to cost hundreds of bucks and the kids have to get the latest and greatest gadgets, toys and what have you. You see the adds for the dads as well... "Hey Kids, your dad would love a $500 power drill for Christmas..." even though he is a complete klutz and couldnt drive a nail in straight to save his life (but thats ok kids... just buy him this electric nail gun for for another 300 bucks... jobs a goodun).

I prefer the simpler days when presents might not have been much, but it was what you could afford and it was given with love and affection (including the cards with 10 bucks in it from your other grandparents and the ones with 5 bucks in it from your uncles and aunts).

I do Christmas presents for the kiddies these days (until they hit 16... then it's welcome to the adults section kiddo... we dont do pressies for us adults) when I am around them... otherwise... no one gets nothing but a phone call and an "I love you" at the end of the call!

Next Xmas might be a good one for my mum... It's highly likely that I will be heading back to Oz later on this year...

Gonna be a bit of a shake up in the family when I get back and a few lumps of coal handed out to some useless ingrates (possibly in the end of a long sock being swung around my head a few times before being given, at high speed, to the person(s) involved).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These days thanks to the consumer attitudes of people, every present has to cost hundreds of bucks and the kids have to get the latest and greatest gadgets, toys and what have you. You see the adds for the dads as well... "Hey Kids, your dad would love a $500 power drill for Christmas..." even though he is a complete klutz and couldnt drive a nail in straight to save his life (but thats ok kids... just buy him this electric nail gun for for another 300 bucks... jobs a goodun).

I prefer the simpler days when presents might not have been much, but it was what you could afford and it was given with love and affection (including the cards with 10 bucks in it from your other grandparents and the ones with 5 bucks in it from your uncles and aunts).

I do Christmas presents for the kiddies these days (until they hit 16... then it's welcome to the adults section kiddo... we dont do pressies for us adults) when I am around them... otherwise... no one gets nothing but a phone call and an "I love you" at the end of the call!

Next Xmas might be a good one for my mum... It's highly likely that I will be heading back to Oz later on this year...

Gonna be a bit of a shake up in the family when I get back and a few lumps of coal handed out to some useless ingrates (possibly in the end of a long sock being swung around my head a few times before being given, at high speed, to the person(s) involved).

Some of the best times involved a hose, some cheap water pistols and a bucket or two, no need for thousands of dollars worth of batteries or an 8 plug power point to get the gifts up and running.

I am with you on presents for adults, not really necessary, we sometimes put names in a hat and you buy one and get one each for a predetermined limit, depending on whether everyone can afford to participate.

Would love to have been able to hand out a few lumps of ( and with ) coal over the years.

At least the old girl is starting to realise that a high stress day that simply has to run to perfection is rarely a successful recipe, better to go with the flow and let the kids have fun.

Everything is a bit too commercial for my liking, especially when the advertisers have no shame in ruining the magic with their lack of discretion. Kids are smart enough too young without needing some smart ass to spoil it for them.

I ate the last mince pie. :rainbow:

Finished off the fruit cake today, and no ...... it was not the James Hird type fruit cake ...... this one did not have any grand delusions of being something it was not.

I got a lap dance to start the new year. Was trying to imagine Aaron Josephs face on her body.

not sure what AJ is up to at the moment? maybe he could give you a lapdance if he needs the bucks?

I was in Italy a couple of years ago with my lovely wife just before Christmas. Like other places we'd visited Christmas Markets were popular and sold all types of goods. I noticed a witch on a broomstick hanging off these stalls. I've seen these in Australia in kitchens and I assumed it was a charm to protect you from Australian cooks :D In Italy, this couldn't be possible so I asked about the witch on a broomstick. I was told it was the Bafana. This kindly old crone performed the duties of Santa Claus and delivered gifts and sweets to the good children and lumps of coal to the bad children. It occurs 12 days after Christmas (the epiphany) which means it starts at midnight on the 6th of January. Buona Bafana :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back