Remove this Banner Ad

subaru

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Bay 13: Flog of the Year
Nov 14, 2007
AFL Club
Adelaide

C55F440E-0914-4A7C-9C42-0E9F9B2FDA2A.jpeg

Look after yourselves, drive safely and don't do any hamstrings.

Also, showing highlights of Modra or the 97/98 grand finals are a great way to spend Christmas Day with the family.

Oct 16, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
Happy Xmas.

Hope everyone can cross their fingers for forum member Bovo who is in a bad way at the moment in hospital. It could be a while til he posts again and worse still, it was his shout next time we were drinking so it looks like it will be sometime til he dips his hand in his pocket and says "what are you having Jumbo?".

Happy Xmas.

Hope everyone can cross their fingers for forum member Bovo who is in a bad way at the moment in hospital. It could be a while til he posts again and worse still, it was his shout next time we were drinking so it looks like it will be sometime til he dips his hand in his pocket and says "what are you having Jumbo?".

Jeez that's terrible to hear. Hope he makes a strong recovery

Happy Xmas.

That’s no good! All the best Bovo!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Huntercrow

Dwat that Wabbit
Feb 7, 2009
Hunter Valley
AFL Club
Adelaide
Merry xmas Bfers.

Have already woken to the Grand kids unwrapping their presents. It’s a very confusing time for little kids when they get hit with all these new toys and clothes. Now they are off to the in laws to do the same.

Will be a nice warm day in Newy and we all get back together in the afternoon for festivities by the pool.

So keep safe everyone and don’t forget to pace yourself today. It’s a marathon not a sprint!:)

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
I would like to share a personal story if I may..

My grandma passed away last year and it was the grieving period that I turned to a new hobby to get my mind off things. Which was how I happened to join BigFooty. Her birthday was on Christmas Eve.

Last night we had a great catchup and dinner with the in-laws. Went to sleep late (as you do), and had the most pleasant of dreams. There were some gory details of flashbacks of her on a deathbed, but amidst the cries and tears, we suddenly hear her breathe again and mumble a few words, we were so ecstatic that she wasn’t actually dead! Can’t remember much of what was said but the main thing was “I love you all (to the family members), especially all the grandchildren”. Then I woke up. What was special is that I rarely dream of family members, and for her to come into a dream on her birthday, is super special to me!

Christmas isn’t really about the presents but a time for us to bond and share moments with loved ones. Please do a good deed for yourself and family.
Merry (and safe) Christmas everyone!

Happy Xmas.

Get well soon Bovo, as we need to you back for what will be an enjoyable 2019. :)

Merry Christmas to all & their families, particularly those who are doing tough, as everyone should have some cheer over the festive season.

Huntercrow

Dwat that Wabbit
Feb 7, 2009
Hunter Valley
AFL Club
Adelaide
I would like to share a personal story if I may..

My grandma passed away last year and it was the grieving period that I turned to a new hobby to get my mind off things. Which was how I happened to join BigFooty. Her birthday was on Christmas Eve.

Last night we had a great catchup and dinner with the in-laws. Went to sleep late (as you do), and had the most pleasant of dreams. There were some gory details of flashbacks of her on a deathbed, but amidst the cries and tears, we suddenly hear her breathe again and mumble a few words, we were so ecstatic that she wasn’t actually dead! Can’t remember much of what was said but the main thing was “I love you all (to the family members), especially all the grandchildren”. Then I woke up. What was special is that I rarely dream of family members, and for her to come into a dream on her birthday, is super special to me!

Christmas isn’t really about the presents but a time for us to bond and share moments with loved ones. Please do a good deed for yourself and family.
Merry (and safe) Christmas everyone!
Thanks for sharing. She must have been very special.

My Grandma (Dar) has been gone a very long time but I still have great memories of when I was a kid living with her in her big old house next to Richmond oval. She loved her Westies!

Christmas time was the best as all the Cousins and Uncles and Aunties would visit for Xmas dinner.
Families back in those days were huge. We all sat at her massive dining room table wearing our paper hats and reading dumb jokes from the bon bons. I still miss her.

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Thanks for sharing. She must have been very special.

My Grandma (Dar) has been gone a very long time but I still have great memories of when I was a kid living with her in her big old house next to Richmond oval. She loved her Westies!

Christmas time was the best as all the Cousins and Uncles and Aunties would visit for Xmas dinner.
Families back in those days were huge. We all sat at her massive dining room table wearing our paper hats and reading dumb jokes from the bon bons. I still miss her.
Yes she was special to me because I lost my other grandparents when I was too young to comprehend the meaning of life or death. She lived until her mid-90s and was the most peaceful person you can hope to meet, being a housewife for most her life, and then when grandpa passed away, she remained mostly at home, never asking to travel the world. One of those that simply enjoyed the company of family members and that was enough for her to thrive.