Toast Merry Christmas BF

Remove this Banner Ad

I would like to share a personal story if I may..

My grandma passed away last year and it was the grieving period that I turned to a new hobby to get my mind off things. Which was how I happened to join BigFooty. Her birthday was on Christmas Eve.

Last night we had a great catchup and dinner with the in-laws. Went to sleep late (as you do), and had the most pleasant of dreams. There were some gory details of flashbacks of her on a deathbed, but amidst the cries and tears, we suddenly hear her breathe again and mumble a few words, we were so ecstatic that she wasn’t actually dead! Can’t remember much of what was said but the main thing was “I love you all (to the family members), especially all the grandchildren”. Then I woke up. What was special is that I rarely dream of family members, and for her to come into a dream on her birthday, is super special to me!

Christmas isn’t really about the presents but a time for us to bond and share moments with loved ones. Please do a good deed for yourself and family.
Merry (and safe) Christmas everyone!

Nice story, I have one very similar a couple of weeks after my mum died very young when I was in my early 20’s. It started off as a bit of a nightmare where I was in hysterics, absolutely balling while talking to someone demanding to see my mum. I kept getting denied but after a bit of time this person relented and I was able to speak to my mum one last time. It was so real, I still remember our last conversation 20 years later.

Merry Christmas to all BFer's and their families.

Enjoy the day with family and friends but don't drink and drive.

The life you save might be mine...

Some people in America think thank kangaroos are everywhere here in Australia ie. CBD.

Admittedly I once got the freight of my life when I encountered one skipping towards me when I was living in Canberra on Lake Burley Griffin.

Vader any encounters?
I had a girlfriend who was born overseas and had been living in Australia for 10+ years, but had never seen a kangaroo. I took her to the top of a hill near my place around dusk. She jumped up & down in excitement, almost as high as the roos themselves.

Canberra is one of the rare places in Australia where you can be sitting at your desk (working), look out the window, and see kangaroos go bouncing by.

I consider myself fortunate to have only hit 1 in the (just under) 20 years I've been living here.

I had a girlfriend who was born overseas and had been living in Australia for 10+ years, but had never seen a kangaroo. I took her to the top of a hill near my place around dusk. She jumped up & down in excitement, almost as high as the roos themselves.

Canberra is one of the rare places in Australia where you can be sitting at your desk (working), look out the window, and see kangaroos go bouncing by.

I consider myself fortunate to have only hit 1 in the (just under) 20 years I've been living here.

I rolled to your neck of the woods in September. Heartbreaking seeing dead wombats on the road. Any chance you self important wanktards can think outside of yourselves?

Some people in America think thank kangaroos are everywhere here in Australia ie. CBD.

Admittedly I once got the freight of my life when I encountered one skipping towards me when I was living in Canberra on Lake Burley Griffin.

Vader any encounters?

I remember the time when I and my wife got transferred to Harold E Holt in Exmouth WA. My wife was hanging up the washing and she started talking to someone behind her....thinking it was me but when she turned around she s**t herself as there was a huge ostrich standing eye to eye. After she had calmed down she said to me that it a far more interesting conversation than what she has with me because the ostrich didnt complain or dispute what she was saying. Dont you hate it when you get a smart arse ostrich mosing around your back yard.

Anyway Merry Xmas mate and I hope that everyone on BF has a safe festive season because your needed back here in 2019.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I rolled to your neck of the woods in September. Heartbreaking seeing dead wombats on the road. Any chance you self important wanktards can think outside of yourselves?
The drought is driving a lot of animals into positions where they become vulnerable to drivers. Manmade features (including roads) create areas where there's more water available than elsewhere in the general bush. Animals go to where the water is, and sadly too many of them have unfortunate encounters with fast moving vehicles. Mostly it's roos, but other animals are also falling victim to the same circumstances.

In the defence of the drivers, I doubt anyone would go out of their way to hit a wombat. They're just really hard to see at night, with their dark fur barely showing up against the dark road surface. Too many drivers just don't see them until it's too late.

I remember the time when I and my wife got transferred to Harold E Holt in Exmouth WA. My wife was hanging up the washing and she started talking to someone behind her....thinking it was me but when she turned around she s**t herself as there was a huge ostrich standing eye to eye. After she had calmed down she said to me that it a far more interesting conversation than what she has with me because the ostrich didnt complain or dispute what she was saying. Dont you hate it when you get a smart arse ostrich mosing around your back yard.

Anyway Merry Xmas mate and I hope that everyone on BF has a safe festive season because your needed back here in 2019.
"Ya stay away from ma wife, ya hear, ya naughty ostrich!"

I'm not sure where this should go, maybe the branding thread is a better match ???

My son bought me this for Christmas as he could not fathom what the producers thought they were making? The other 'birds' in this product line had beaks and wings ... But not our sad-confused-hippo-seal mascot!!
04f0a64074a7d3c7b9fa4ee170a3ac59.jpg
afcf3dd3366270f78a75fece97c865d7.jpg
597c0005bc71a903de4b735b9fd78f80.jpg

<EDIT> the more I look at this monstrosity the more confusing it becomes - I think maybe the eyes are back to front? It reminds me of the cobbled together platypus attempts from the early settlers !!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Belated festive greetings to all on BF.

No wombats hurt by the Arrowman family this Xmas. Several Heinekens and a bottle of Maxwell Eocene Shiraz, and a quick round of Mars Attacks! The Dice Game, and Boxing Day is going nicely.

Stay happy and safe all, and god bless autocorrecy.

Whoops.