Up the Coasters Merry Christmas from the WCE BigFooty board

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve got good intel from a couple of sources within the club (see above) that Christmas is imminent

So, on behalf of the other elite mods ( larrikin HoneyBadger35 and Biggie ) on the WCE BigFooty board I’d like to wish you all a very merry Christmas

May Christmas 2022 already be your best Christmas and all your gifts be in your top 5 for a great result

All the best to everyone and stay safe because you campaigners know what happens next

More training reports in my absence perpetuating that tired old, unfunny joke that will never get a rest

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have nothing to do on Christmas so I wandered down to Mineral Resources Park to watch us training:

• Gee Partridge has some skills. He mainly sat in a pear tree before spending the last half hour or so on set shots - curled a few beauties from behind the boundary line at the end for a bit of fun. Hardly saw him miss a beat in the 12 Days of Christmas
  • What interested me the most was that Jesus split his time between the defenders and the forwards, could be seeing a swingman role when he is resurrected. He was his usual dominant self down back in some crucifixion drills before going head-to-head with Moses in a forward role.
  • Dasher is very fast - Blitzen was in most of the drills with him and couldn't keep up.
  • Jack Frost is pale as buggery and still doesn't really have the body shape you'd expect of a Christmas gift giver.
  • There was a big bloke who pulled up next to me and I could have sworn it was Santa, but I'm sure I was wrong...
  • The Grinch was the player picked to steal Whoville's presents at the end today and nailed it. Celebrations were huge.
  • No sign of Rudolph. Couldn't tell you why, maybe it wasn't foggy enough.
  • Good King Wenceslas kicked on his right foot for 80% of the session, I reckon. Nice to see royalty working on their non-preferred so readily.
  • Pope Francis looked a class above the other Catholics bar Jesus. Just knew how to hold a Christmas Mass and wouldn't miss a sermon all session. Cardinal George Pell was very quiet and seemed to be taking direction from Scott Morrison. Doesn't bode well for his papacy credentials, maybe he doesn't want the gig?
  • Australia Post looked on and was delivering to targets left and right. Set for a huge Boxing Day.
  • Four calling birds went up against five golden rings in the ruck contests and I'd say that the calling birds have the inside running at the moment.
  • Won't say too much about it in case I was just reading too much into it, but Santa looked as though he'd enjoyed the Christmas break a bit too much. A few of the coaches pulled him aside and they were having quite an animated conversation before Santa was sent to do laps for the rest of the session. Good news for Mrs Santa Claus, I suppose.
  • A lot of running work again, clearly a focus even in the polar cold.
  • The three wise men looked like they were doing a great job 'coaching' the younger forwards in between the drills. The baby Jesus in particular seemed to be following them around.
Merry Christmas you filthy animals.

Have nothing to do on Christmas so I wandered down to Mineral Resources Park to watch us training:

• Gee Partridge has some skills. He mainly sat in a pear tree before spending the last half hour or so on set shots - curled a few beauties from behind the boundary line at the end for a bit of fun. Hardly saw him miss a beat in the 12 Days of Christmas
  • What interested me the most was that Jesus split his time between the defenders and the forwards, could be seeing a swingman role when he is resurrected. He was his usual dominant self down back in some crucifixion drills before going head-to-head with Moses in a forward role.
  • Dasher is very fast - Blitzen was in most of the drills with him and couldn't keep up.
  • Jack Frost is pale as buggery and still doesn't really have the body shape you'd expect of a Christmas gift giver.
  • There was a big bloke who pulled up next to me and I could have sworn it was Santa, but I'm sure I was wrong...
  • The Grinch was the player picked to steal Whoville's presents at the end today and nailed it. Celebrations were huge.
  • No sign of Rudolph. Couldn't tell you why, maybe it wasn't foggy enough.
  • Good King Wenceslas kicked on his right foot for 80% of the session, I reckon. Nice to see royalty working on their non-preferred so readily.
  • Pope Francis looked a class above the other Catholics bar Jesus. Just knew how to hold a Christmas Mass and wouldn't miss a sermon all session. Cardinal George Pell was very quiet and seemed to be taking direction from Scott Morrison. Doesn't bode well for his papacy credentials, maybe he doesn't want the gig?
  • Australia Post looked on and was delivering to targets left and right. Set for a huge Boxing Day.
  • Four calling birds went up against five golden rings in the ruck contests and I'd say that the calling birds have the inside running at the moment.
  • Won't say too much about it in case I was just reading too much into it, but Santa looked as though he'd enjoyed the Christmas break a bit too much. A few of the coaches pulled him aside and they were having quite an animated conversation before Santa was sent to do laps for the rest of the session. Good news for Mrs Santa Claus, I suppose.
  • A lot of running work again, clearly a focus even in the polar cold.
  • The three wise men looked like they were doing a great job 'coaching' the younger forwards in between the drills. The baby Jesus in particular seemed to be following them around.
Merry Christmas you filthy animals.

This board meme is five years old, and still delivers. Love.

I’ve got good intel from a couple of sources within the club (see above) that Christmas is imminent

So, on behalf of the other elite mods ( larrikin HoneyBadger35 and Biggie ) on the WCE BigFooty board I’d like to wish you all a very merry Christmas

May Christmas 2022 already be your best Christmas and all your gifts be in your top 5 for a great result

All the best to everyone and stay safe because you campaigners know what happens next

More training reports in my absence perpetuating that tired old, unfunny joke that will never get a rest

What a piss poor season's greetings and well short of your usual level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back