Universal Love Merry Xmas & Happy New Year whether you love it or not

Remove this Banner Ad

Two Eskies on the go this year. Little Creatures Pale and Single fin. Vodka lemon lime and bitters for the girls and me,(34 degrees). Jacks,Makers and some Chivas

I hope ESKIE is aware of this ……..

FWIW I went down to IKON yesterday, turns out the Carlton shop and membership dept there is closed till after Boxing Day.

I wasn't even mad, so i wasted 30 mins of catching a tram trip down picturesque Royal Parade (and back), I enjoyed it anyway, plus i am terribly pleased the club is giving its staff a proper xmas break.

I managed to looked at our home ground, on that beautiful sunny day (sprinklers were watering the beautiful Princes' Park surface and i felt at tjat moment, this footy club (and its culture) have undergone a New(Blue :)) Culture, especially with standards of player behaviour and inclusion of women and LGBT supporters.

I think part of The Christmas Spirit is to forget/let go and forgive the mistakes and wrongs of the year, and look forwards to the new year with a clean slate and positive outlook.

Hope everyone is having a great day with their loved ones and/or people/friends close to them :)

FWIW I went down to IKON yesterday, turns out the Carlton shop and membership dept there is closed till after Boxing Day.

I wasn't even mad, so i wasted 30 mins of catching a tram trip down picturesque Royal Parade (and back), I enjoyed it anyway, plus i am terribly pleased the club is giving its staff a proper xmas break.

I managed to looked at our home ground, on that beautiful sunny day (sprinklers were watering the beautiful Princes' Park surface and i felt at tjat moment, this footy club (and its culture) have undergone a New(Blue :)) Culture, especially with standards of player behaviour and inclusion of women and LGBT supporters.

I think part of The Christmas Spirit is to forget/let go and forgive the mistakes and wrongs of the year, and look forwards to the new year with a clean slate and positive outlook.

Hope everyone is having a great day with their loved ones and/or people/friends close to them :)

Hope you weren't on the No 19 tram ;)

Just started the in-law shift....lots of courage required....merry Xmas night

3 quick shots ….. and a steady stream there after …… any antagonism comments …. grab your phone and look at Curnow highlights …. or dows … or SPS …… smile then rebuke ……

Good luck my son!

Channel your inner Jones!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't buy into this time of year much but for many it is a special period of getting together with family and friends to celebrate or just dig being in each other's company. Some have a strong religious element, some have very little, whilst there are plenty who like to make their own particular fuss at a different time of year altogether, in a different way about a completely different entity.

Whatever you are doing in the next few days, hold your loved ones close, spare a thought for those less fortunate (there are a lot of Pie supporters out there) and give yourself a little break if you can. Unfortunately there are many of us in situations whereby we may struggle to even get close to happiness in the next little bit. Lost loved ones, poverty, dislocation, estrangement, homelessness, mental health issues, fatigue, anxiety - we all know someone who will be doing it hard one way or the other. Keep them in mind, see them if you can, let them know they are valid and worth it and loved.

This place is underwritten by our united love of the Carlton Football Club but it has come to mean a lot more than that for many of us. On a personal note I want to thank each and every one of you who has read or posted through this place - yes, I even learn plenty from the folk in the cellar - mostly about myself. Take care, come back from your well-earned break, safe, rested, footy angry and ready to go again.

T60

Always love your work Thy. Wishing you and the rest of the BigFooty gang all the very best for Xmas and the New Year. Cheers to health and happiness.

Merry Christmas, happy holidays (Festivus indeed) and a happy new year to all.

Thank you thylacine60 for your OP. I understand the Christmas period can be a stressful and difficult period.

And let’s look past our annus horribilis to a great 2019 for the Blues and Blues supporters. Long live our banter.

It's Christmas time... I ain't looking at anyone's horrible anus thank you very much!..

Merry Christmas :D

Something in the non discussion rumour thread or it didn't happen.....:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back