Official Club Stuff Message from KT

Remove this Banner Ad

The bloke is all class and doesn't shirk an issue and puts his hand up.

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6038/newsid/150192/default.aspx

I'd like to spare a thought for some quality people who have left the Club over the past 4 weeks.
At times, this penchant to keep moving forward can get in the way of recognising the contribution that many people make to our Club. Over time, I'd like to think that we can get better at farewelling outstanding servants of the Club.

The Review
I mentioned in my last letter that I was keen to release some of the findings of the review that was conducted throughout 2012. I was hoping to have that done by mid-October, but I've missed that deadline!

The actions being taken are clearly more important than the review itself, but I will have this information to you as soon as I can. My apologies for the delay.

Europe
Feeling a bit guilty about this one, but my wife and I are off to Europe a few days ahead of the team for a small break.

We'll be joining up with the team in London early next week, after they've spent a few days training in Milan, a section of the trip which the touring group have all personally contributed to.

Looking forward to spending time with the players, coaches, a few of our corporate supporters and about 10,000 ex pats at Kia Oval for the game against the Western Bulldogs, and kicking off our new campaign in style!

Thanks for keeping the faith through the coaching selection process and for your enthusiastic support of the appointments!

I look forward to speaking with you soon.

KT Chief Executive Officer

The bloke is all class and doesn't shirk an issue and puts his hand up.

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6038/newsid/150192/default.aspx

I'd like to spare a thought for some quality people who have left the Club over the past 4 weeks.
At times, this penchant to keep moving forward can get in the way of recognising the contribution that many people make to our Club. Over time, I'd like to think that we can get better at farewelling outstanding servants of the Club.

The Review
I mentioned in my last letter that I was keen to release some of the findings of the review that was conducted throughout 2012. I was hoping to have that done by mid-October, but I've missed that deadline!

The actions being taken are clearly more important than the review itself, but I will have this information to you as soon as I can. My apologies for the delay.

Europe
Feeling a bit guilty about this one, but my wife and I are off to Europe a few days ahead of the team for a small break.

We'll be joining up with the team in London early next week, after they've spent a few days training in Milan, a section of the trip which the touring group have all personally contributed to.

Looking forward to spending time with the players, coaches, a few of our corporate supporters and about 10,000 ex pats at Kia Oval for the game against the Western Bulldogs, and kicking off our new campaign in style!

Thanks for keeping the faith through the coaching selection process and for your enthusiastic support of the appointments!

I look forward to speaking with you soon.

KT Chief Executive Officer

The man is quality. I would work for him without a second thought and I have been fortunate enough to work with some of the best.

Have to agree with all.

This guy is very polished, enjoy getting his "letters".

Im looking forward again instead of navel gazing.

Big thumbs up so far.

No crying over spilled milk for me.

well we are approaching the second friday since it was meant to be announced, where are our supposed source posters now :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poor old Matty Primus seems to have missed selection in all the thank yous and bye byes.

No him and Duncanson were thanked at the appropriate time ie a few days after he was told he wouldn't get the gig in 2013 and Duncanson stood aside.

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6038/newsid/144124/default.aspx

By Keith Thomas 6:16 PM Thu 09 Aug, 2012

Two very tough decisions have been made this week, affected a couple of Port Adelaide’s finest servants in Matt Primus and Brett Duncanson.

Both men have contributed enormously to this club over a very long time, and both have put the club first.

Matt has accepted with great dignity the board’s decision not to continue with him as senior coach in 2013.

Brett has volunteered to stand down as president and director at the AGM at the end of the year, to give the club an opportunity to grow further under new leadership.

We are committed to building on the enormous work both of these men have done.

No him and Duncanson were thanked at the appropriate time ie a few days after he was told he wouldn't get the gig in 2013 and Duncanson stood aside.....
Yeah, and while I'm aware of earlier thank yous I see Duncanson got another today, and I'm pretty sure some of the retiring board members have also been thanked by KT earlier. Admittedly between various correspondence I get from other sources associated with the club (the Cheer Squad, the Outer Army etc) I might be mixing my sources. I guess I'm stirring a little but when you choose to go down the detailed thank you route you have to try damn hard not to miss anyone and I reckon in the context of this message from KT that Matty should have been in there. Also I see still no mention of the Footy Express buses in 2014.

The Duncanson mention is minor attached to the other 4 directors who left. Also you will see Duncanson at Port games and probably ocassionally at the Port Club and just like Greg Boulton. You wont be seeing Primus.

Yeah, and while I'm aware of earlier thank yous I see Duncanson got another today, and I'm pretty sure some of the retiring board members have also been thanked by KT earlier. Admittedly between various correspondence I get from other sources associated with the club (the Cheer Squad, the Outer Army etc) I might be mixing my sources. I guess I'm stirring a little but when you choose to go down the detailed thank you route you have to try damn hard not to miss anyone and I reckon in the context of this message from KT that Matty should have been in there. Also I see still no mention of the Footy Express buses in 2014.

Well Primus could have seen out the season. He didnt have to walk when he did.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back