Toast messages of support for our magnificent womens team

Remove this Banner Ad

mikey127

Premiership Player
Feb 4, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Our womens team have done us so proudly I thought we should start a thread with messages of support for all our wonderful girls. I'm happy to open the batting

To all our wonderful Lions women

I started watching the AFLW not sure exactly what to expect from the comp and from you girls. Whilst I wasn't sure exactly what to expect you girls have definitely exceeded my expectations. The passion and enthusiasm that you play with is amazing you all seem to have fantastic personalities and a love for playing with each other which is inspiring.

I wish you all the best for the game on Saturday but no matter what the result as a long time Lions member I am extremely proud of all you have achieved. Good luck girls, go get the prize.

I honestly get choked up when I think that one day my daughters may be able play this game as professional athletes (I know it's going get to that).

The game isn't the same as the mens, but our players have shown contested, competitive games that have been entertaining and enjoyable to watch.

Good luck on the final ladies. If you pay with the intensity and determination you have shown throughout the season I know you can succeed.

I honestly get choked up when I think that one day my daughters may be able play this game as professional athletes (I know it's going get to that).

The game isn't the same as the mens, but our players have shown contested, competitive games that have been entertaining and enjoyable to watch.

Good luck on the final ladies. If you pay with the intensity and determination you have shown throughout the season I know you can succeed.
we are both sooks Gadzorks, i get the same feeling re my gorgeous 6 year old grand daughter. she is playing soccer ATM, i went to her first game last weekend, the sheer uninhibited joy they get from it is awesome and delightfully emotional.

As I said to my daughter who has shown a fair bit of ability, even if it pays for your uni studies it is worth pursuing. I think the money being enough for a full time professional player is many years off, but it is nice to have the option of playing.

Give it your all. No matter the result, you have already won. Women have already won.

With that said, cats catch birds - take those crows down and make the first AFLW flag one that represents all of Queensland. We're all so proud!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back