Toast Messages to Ryder

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 21, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Hi guys.

I hope it's ok to make this thread.

I thought it would be a good idea to us to send a few words of thanks and encouragement to Paddy Ryder. I have a contact at the club who is happy to pass along the messages in 24 hours. I think this could be a good way to ensure the big fella knows just how much he and his efforts mean to us. Small gesture but it could change his week.

I will collate the messages and send through within 24 hours.

Hi guys.

I hope it's ok to make this thread.

I thought it would be a good idea to us to send a few words of thanks and encouragement to Paddy Ryder. I have a contact at the club who is happy to pass along the messages in 24 hours. I think this could be a good way to ensure the big fella knows just how much he and his efforts mean to us. Small gesture but it could change his week.

I will collate the messages and send through within 24 hours.
Paddy Mate
You won that game for the Saints
They couldn't have done it without you
You deserve to be there next week.
Im sure the boys will lift and play for you and hopefully get a win
Hang in there BigFella

Dear Paddy,

I wasn't able to celebrate our finals win to its fullest knowing that the best player on the ground for the Saint's is in tears after realising he won't be running out with the boys for the foreseeable future, and possibly be part of a historic run for the club's second precious flag. But Paddy, I hope you know you've proved a lot of doubters wrong, and you've been immense to the success we had this season. Your leadership, and willingness to do what it's needed of you for the best of the team showed when you showed no fuss when you got dropped, went back trained hard and formed a formidable partnership with Marshall. You stood out there mate, I hope we get to see more of you soon, we need you. Speedy recovery, the boys will keep winning and you just hold on brother.

- Every Sainter.

Paddy,
I can't begin to describe how appreciative we tragic Stkilda supports are of you, and how proud you make us feel.
The effort you bring week-to-week, the heart you show on game day, the experience you bring on and off the field, and the way in which you hold yourself, is absolutely second to none. Not only did you drag us to a semi-final yesterday afternoon, but, through some truely inspirational performances throughout the year, you got into contention in the first place.
It's been a tough year for everyone, and for Victorians in particular. For me personally, watching the Saints play, and watching them for once win, has been one of the only highlights. However, more than just winning, watching the way that we have played, and watching the way that we have operated, is what I have enjoyed the most. To see this team, a team that has had serious administrational and performance issues in the past, turn a year that would have previously derailed us into a year that has instead defined us is, in all senses of the word, inspiring. To me, you exemplify everything that is right about this team at the moment, and you're already a St Kilda great.
I'm no sure how long you will be out for, and I can't imagine how you're feeling, but I hope you understand a little how much you and your efforts mean to this club, and how lucky we are to have you.
Can't wait to see you with a premiership medal around your neck, this year or next.

Paddy,

You have been one of our brightest shining lights this year, in a year with so many. You've hoisted the team upon your shoulders and pulled us up in a number of games, the elimination final was no exception. Thank you!

If it is to be that your injury keeps you out of the rest of the finals this year, know that you were easily BOG in the EF and you went down fighting. You were the main reason we won. We literally wouldn't have got there without you.

Know also that although you've only played around 18 games for us so far, we consider you a true Saint and you will go down in St Kilda folklore as a hero of the club. We do not lend our hearts easily to any player who puts on our shirt, so I hope you'll consider this an honour.

That said, we all hope you DO get back, and continue to shine in the Red White & Black for a few more years! Go Paddy! Go Saints!

Paddy,

What a wonderful addition you have been to our team. Safe to say you’ve become a much - loved member of the red, white and black army.

You were sensational last night, but we probably wouldn’t have even got there in the first place if it wasn’t for the strong part you played for the team throughout the season.

So thrilled you got your first winning final, but so heartbroken you won’t be involved in another one this year. Look after yourself, come back better, because we’ve got a lot of unfinished business next season, and you need to be part of it.

Every Saints fan (mad, passionate, loyal that we are) has loved having you as part of the club this season. Looking forward to many more.

Paddy

Wishing you a speedy recovery,
Thankyou for being such a integral part of our 2020 campaign, you were beyond amazing lastnight and you'll be sorely missed next week.
Saints fans are excited for what you will continue to bring in future seasons.
You'll be a sainter for life and it was touching to see how much the game and the club means to you.
Sending you lots of love

Camilia x

On SM-G980F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dear Paddy,
Thank you for all you've done for us saints fans in such a short time, you were the biggest part of what won us that game yesterday, which made it even harder to see you hurt at the end.

Thank you for the happiness you've brought so many of us this season and I'm hoping we can see you back fit soon (fingers crossed its these finals) because we all just love watching the way you play and the heart you give. Take it easy and enjoy some well-earned rest!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Paddy, you have had an enormous impact with your leadership and performances. To make such a significant mark in less than 12 months is a great reflection on you. Thank you for what you've done for the club and I'm gutted for you that you'll miss the chance to play in the semi final. Take care mate. Can't wait to see you do your thing next year.

If there's such a thing as "footy soulmates" it's been found in Paddy and St Kilda. Like love at first sight. Paddy's a massive presence on the field, and an absolute gentleman off it. We all feel the pain and wish you were leading us again. Best on ground winning a final, you're a legend, chin up mate. Can't wait to see you in action again! Respect, always.

Hi Paddy
You are already a Saints legend. So skilled but also so humble.
I used to fear you, when I went to the Saints/Dons game every year with my one-eyed Bomber brother. Well, he was the first person to send congratulations for the win, and reckons it's the best game you've played.
You've been key to our season and especially the last two wins. And our first final win after such a long drought has brought so much happiness - it means so much. So stay strong and get well soon - hope you can enjoy being part of what happens next.

Thanks for the year paddy . You far exceeded what I thought at your age you could produce again on a footy field. You Have embraced our club and our jumper. And as a result we all have embraced you .
I hope and expect you are rewarded with another year in 2021 .

speedy recovery mate you are a sainter now

Hi Paddy.
I don’t know you. But now I want to. Just to say gday in person would bring me pleasure.
not only thanks for coming to help us saints out but thanks for the new supporters that no doubt have followed you across.

Hi big fellah.
You have been nothing less than a warrior since joing our club. The way you play the game and your humility has endeared you to pretty much everyone who follows the Saints. You embody all that is good about us, and that in itself is an remarkable achievement for a guy that has been with us for a year.
Just remember that this your footy home, that you are both respected and admired, and that there is not one supporter that doesn't think that you've been one giant, monster piece, in elevating us and making us better.
You're a legend Paddy, and we all love 'ya.

Go Saints.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back