Messi and Ronaldo vs The World

go you pups

Hall of Famer
Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
What I most hate about the award is that it's done by calendar year which is ******* stupid. Do it season by season. It's really stupid.
Can't interfere with holiday time or internationals these days it seems......

Agree though

jod23

TheBrownDog
Apr 2, 2000
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Can't interfere with holiday time or internationals these days it seems......

Agree though
You're giving out the award to someone who has had an excellent end to a season and an excellent start to a season. It's really bizarre.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

go you pups

Hall of Famer
Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Last time I checked Germany won the last world cup, a German team won the CL only 3 years ago among the Messi Ronnie cycle and they are in the last 4 of the CL again and will romp in their league again.

Yeah scrap dat, they're shit Real Madrid are da best :rolleyes:

typeclub

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 10, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Western United Football Club
Last time I checked Germany won the last world cup, a German team won the CL only 3 years ago among the Messi Ronnie cycle and they are in the last 4 of the CL again and will romp in their league again.

Yeah scrap dat, they're shit Real Madrid are da best :rolleyes:
Why the F are you talking about clubs and countries for? Lmao

go you pups

Hall of Famer
Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Lewandowski is smashing the goals in, same with Muller, they win the CL and BL then imo one of them should get the Fallon d'floor

typeclub

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 10, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Yea I don't think you'll see anyone winning that award for scoring goals in Germany any time soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

go you pups

Hall of Famer
Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
You really are deluded

Germanys best has shown they are better than Spains best many times over the past 3 years yet get no recognition because they don't have "names" even though they smash the goals in like their La Liga counterparts.

go you pups

Hall of Famer
Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
The award has zero credibility if the same two keep winning year in year out when stats show others have been equally as influential

typeclub

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 10, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
I'm deluded because I think Messi and Ronaldo are the best players in the world, lol ok Bigfooty

Even if you go past those 2 the 3rd best would be playing in Spain as well. Don't see anyone outside Spain making the top 3 any time soon. Have a cry though

Flameboy

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 1, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea
I really fail to see how Messi & Ronaldo aren't richly deserving of being recognised as the top two players in the world, year in, year out. Stats aren't everything but their numbers blow everyone else's away, Suarez is the only one that's close to them.

jod23

TheBrownDog
Apr 2, 2000
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
I really fail to see how Messi & Ronaldo aren't richly deserving of being recognised as the top two players in the world, year in, year out. Stats aren't everything but their numbers blow everyone else's away, Suarez is the only one that's close to them.
Pretty much. Not sure what go you pups is arguing. Messi and Ronaldo are quite clearly the best two players in the world and have been for a long time, hence always finishing 1 and 2 in the Ballon D'Or.

fitbill

Rookie
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
This is very old post, but after the todays hat trick of Cristiano, I think that Cristiano and Messi will do great things also this year in Champions League.But there is a big difference between them. Messi is scoring free kicks and Ronaldo cannot score a goal from a free kick! This is the last free kick goal from Cristiano and he scored it when it was still to Real Madrid. Will he ever score a goal from a free kick again?

typeclub

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 10, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
This one has been settled. back in 2012 or so Messi had a little form patch but it turned out to be a flash in the pan. Since then Cr7 won all the awards and dominated Eu for such an extended period of time everyone forgot about the comparisons.

RPCB

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Messi has won more Ballon D'ors, more European Golden Shoes and more trophies. And is younger.
And they both score as many goals per season that would be on par with an AFL full forward. Amazing stuff.

Top Bottom