Opinion Meta posts and discussions (non-footy, how we interact with each other etc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Biggy/Blighty and Bobby_ we’re all unable to contribute in a positive manner on this board, it was not their views that were causing angst it was their continuous vendetta of projecting their negative agenda in every discussion over and over and over.
This was the issue - it made the forum unworkable. The contribution to every thread basically became Terrible Coaching and Under Scott and But We Let Go Of Stevie J.

Tbh anyone that thinks this board has an enforced perspective or biased moderation should try spending time on an actually strictly moderated forum. This place is remarkably tolerant when viewed with perspective.

Personally I don't have a problem with Bobby or Biggy, but I do see where they've crossed lines with the way they've voiced their opinions instead of the actual content of those opinions. If you really can't see that then you're probably in too deep, sad to say. And bear in mind that recognising breeches of forum etiquette doesn't mean you disagree with someone's opinion.

Tbh anyone that thinks this board has an enforced perspective or biased moderation should try spending time on an actually strictly moderated forum. This place is remarkably tolerant when viewed with perspective.

Personally I don't have a problem with Bobby or Biggy, but I do see where they've crossed lines with the way they've voiced their opinions instead of the actual content of those opinions. If you really can't see that then you're probably in too deep, sad to say. And bear in mind that recognising breeches of forum etiquette doesn't mean you disagree with someone's opinion.
Rookie of the year.

Biggy/Blighty and Bobby_ we’re all unable to contribute in a positive manner on this board, it was not their views that were causing angst it was their continuous vendetta of projecting their negative agenda in every discussion over and over and over.
Otherwise known as trolling

Note the bold.....

I don't care if posters criticize the club...sometimes the club/players deserve a negative comment or three...but there are posters who CONTINUOUSLY post negative comments across the wide range of issues that this board embrace, then that draws the attention not only of moderators, but also our regular contributors some of who react accordingly because they have a passion for the GFC. Before you know it, a "pack mentality" accrues and the issues that deserve scrutiny are lost under a barrage of accusation, innuendo and finger pointing, from both sides of the argument.....leading some posters, both new and old to step away and not bother contributing. That can't and won't be tolerated.

When you look back at a posters history and cannot find one positive response/contribution to the myriad of issues concerning the GFC that are discussed on this board, then frankly that contributor can expect scrutiny from the Moderators.

If you think thats going to change, then you are very likely to be disappointed.

IF you want to CONTINUOUSLY berate the club, its players, administration and supporters that is your prerogative ....there are options available within BF for you to express yourself....

The Geelong supporters board is not one of them.
Which is why those constantly negative posters go on to 'Ignore'. I just cbf reading the "same sh**, different day" drivel.

Why do they follow Geelong if they only ever criticise the Club?

Wwwwwwaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh

Go Catters

Honestly Daz, this crap on this board is starting to irritate me. I don't completely agree with the comment you replied to, but it'd be nice to have some mature debate around here.

Right now almost all criticism is met with "lol melt" or similar rubbish. It's boring and getting old.

Honestly Daz, this crap on this board is starting to irritate me. I don't completely agree with the comment you replied to, but it'd be nice to have some mature debate around here.

Right now almost all criticism is met with "lol melt" or similar rubbish. It's boring and getting old.
And when the perpetual sky is falling, everything is crap routine from the same posters on every front all the time stops, my demeanor towards it will improve.

Quality posts deserve quality responses.

GO Catters

And when the perpetual sky is falling, everything is crap routine from the same posters on every front all the time stops, my demeanor towards it will improve.

Quality posts deserve quality responses.

GO Catters

Perhaps it's just a different point of view? I can understand why some are optimistic for 2018 but equally I can see how some would also be the opposite with the list changes and ongoing issues with injury we've had for the past 5 years or so.

Makes for a more interesting forum in any case when there are opposing viewpoints.

Perhaps it's just a different point of view? I can understand why some are optimistic for 2018 but equally I can see how some would also be the opposite with the list changes and ongoing issues with injury we've had for the past 5 years or so.

Makes for a more interesting forum in any case when there are opposing viewpoints.
Agree with every word of the bolded.

That said, there are posters who, for whatever reason, literally contribute exclusively negativity and complaining about the club. Now that is their right, within reason (we have drawn the line at out and out trolling here and there). As is the right of anyone else to call it out for what it is.

When a poster here basically laughs aloud and says they hope the club fails miserably then calls the team hand baggers it's time that poster was taken outside by a mod and shot ... metaphorically.

That short of stuff cannot be condoned. That sort of stuff was coming from at least two of the posters mentioned a few posts ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There’s a limit to what can be tolerated, and that’s not to say different views aren’t accepted by the way.

But it needs to be approached in a healthy and constructive way imo

The problem is that people are grouping people together way too much. Not everybody who has a negative opinion is blighty or bobby, but half the time posters who actually have something to say get the "wahh wahh melt" crap thrown at them for no good reason.

The problem is that people are grouping people together way too much. Not everybody who has a negative opinion is blighty or bobby, but half the time posters who actually have something to say get the "wahh wahh melt" crap thrown at them for no good reason.
Example?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back