Multiplat Metal Gear Solid Volume 1: Master Collection (October 24th, 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

I have only ever played MG5

Which was a pretty good game (for half of it anyway)

And then they just remade the same levels for the second half of the game and ****ed it

And yet it good super high reviews somehow?

This is from the MGS3 remake, not the collection. Should probably be a separate thread.

MGS 3 will be in this collection. We don’t have any screens from the other two games yet.

But you’re right, I should have said which game I was posting for.

MGS 3 will be in this collection. We don’t have any screens from the other two games yet.

But you’re right, I should have said which game I was posting for.

Unless I misunderstood, the MGS3 in this collection will be the original version upscaled? MGS Delta is a separate product?

Last edited:
Unless I misunderstood, the MGS3 in this collection will be the original version upscaled? MGS Delta is a seperate product?

Aha, you look to be correct. The Master collection will contain reissues of the original three games and MGS3 remake is a seperate product.

Just started a new thread for the Snake Eater remake as it’s a seperate product.

Last edited:
Some additional information from the PS Store.

“Volume 1 line-up features the original titles and beginning of the METAL GEAR series:

Metal Gear
Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake
Metal Gear Solid (Including VR Missions/Special Missions)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (HD Collection version)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (HD Collection version)”

GIVE ME METAL GEAR SOLID 4!!!!!!

Also a Metal Gear 1 and 2 remake on modern consoles would be incredible.
A leak before Master Collection Volume 1 was announced was that Volume 2 will contain Peace Walker, Rising and Portable Ops. MGS 4 will remain in PS3 hell unless it gets a remake for modern consoles. The game itself was made specifically for the PS3’s architecture, a console very difficult to emulate.

A leak before Master Collection Volume 1 was announced was that Volume 2 will contain Peace Walker, Rising and Portable Ops. MGS 4 will remain in PS3 hell unless it gets a remake for modern consoles. The game itself was made specifically for the PS3’s architecture, a console very difficult to emulate.
It hurts me so deeply.

A leak before Master Collection Volume 1 was announced was that Volume 2 will contain Peace Walker, Rising and Portable Ops.

What a weird way to go about it.

They should have just done;

Collection 1 (Big Boss) - MGS3 > PO > PW.
Collection 2 (Solid Snake & Raiden) - MGS1 > MGS2 > MGR.

Volume 2 is barely going to sell compared to 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Literally just could post screenshots from the original games.....

That's what they did with Legend of Dragoon on extras, the aspect was just stretched and originally anyway they broke things in doing that begin with, so MGS screens are just, let's go back to 1997 polygon counting and go phwoar at rectangle chins.

Literally just could post screenshots from the original games.....

I have actually been replaying these games on PS3 the last few days and up to MGS 2 right now. If those are the real screens from the master collection, I can definitely see the visual upgrade between MGS 2 on the master collection and what I am seeing on the PS3 version. The upgrade will probably be in the textures and of course there would have needed work to be done to MGS 2 and 3 as you can’t play them with a DualSense on the PS3, so they would need to on the PS5.

Already have the HD Collection on Xbox (got the steel case signed by David Hayter too when he was at Supanova) and it's backwards compatible on Series X, but it looks like I'll have to get this just for the original Metal Gear Solid, one of my favourite games of all time and not included in the Xbox version of the HD Collection :(

Really only interested in MGS1.

So is it just the original graphics or is it remastered? Bit confused. Can someone explain?
The only bit of information is that MGS 2 and 3 will be the HD Collection versions that were released on the PS3 in 2011. No real information about MGS 1, so can only assume that will be the port that was released on PS3 in the same collection. Possibly upgraded visually but who knows how much.

Gameplay trailer and release date announced.

Full lineup from the PS Store of what is included:

[Title lineup]
Metal Gear
Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake
Metal Gear Solid (Including VR Missions/Special Missions)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (HD Collection version)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (HD Collection version)
Metal Gear (NES/FC version)
Snake's Revenge

Regional versions of the titles are available as additional downloads.

[Video]
Metal Gear Solid: Digital Graphic Novel
Metal Gear Solid 2: Digital Graphic Novel

[Digital book]
Metal Gear Solid: Screenplay Book
Metal Gear Solid: Master Book
Metal Gear Solid 2: Screenplay Book
Metal Gear Solid 2: Master Book
Metal Gear Solid 3: Screenplay Book
Metal Gear Solid 3: Master Book
Metal Gear & Metal Gear 2: Screenplay Book
Metal Gear & Metal Gear 2: Master Book

Need now but also need MGS4.

Read an article earlier that said they had MGS4 running well on the 360, but decided against the port because they couldn't be arsed releasing on multiple DVDs (lol)

I always thought MGS4 was tied to PS3 because of its weird arse hardware, but if they got it running on 360, hopefully it'll be possible to bring it onto modern systems in Volume 2.

It's the only Metal Gear Solid game I've never played because I never had a PS3, so fingers crossed!

Read an article earlier that said they had MGS4 running well on the 360, but decided against the port because they couldn't be arsed releasing on multiple DVDs (lol)

I always thought MGS4 was tied to PS3 because of its weird arse hardware, but if they got it running on 360, hopefully it'll be possible to bring it onto modern systems in Volume 2.

It's the only Metal Gear Solid game I've never played because I never had a PS3, so fingers crossed!

I read one of the articles that said the R&D team at Konami showed a “version” of the game. Maybe it was a concept version and the game ended up being deigned around the PS3’s hardware. I hope it can be remastered and make it onto Volume 2 but everything I have read is it could only be a remake.

I read one of the articles that said the R&D team at Konami showed a “version” of the game. Maybe it was a concept version and the game ended up being deigned around the PS3’s hardware. I hope it can be remastered and make it onto Volume 2 but everything I have read is it could only be a remake.

Here's the quote I read:

One fateful day, the Konami R&D team hosted a meeting where we got to see the fruits of their labour – Metal Gear Solid 4 running beautifully and smoothly on an Xbox 360. As one of the few unabashed Xbox fans in the office, I was excited.”

Instead, it was the issue of fitting a 50GB game originally designed for the PS3’s higher-capacity blu-ray discs on the 360’s ageing DVD format. Konami reportedly wasn’t keen on spreading the game across multiple discs, and so ultimately canned the idea.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back