Metal Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

What era was Metal Mayhem around in? Name's familiar but I can't place it.

I remember Metal for Melbourne under the Gas & Fuel buildings (late 1980's)
I remember Extreme Aggression on Flinders Lane (late 80's, early 90's)
I remember Metal Labyrinth in one of the Banana Alley vaults (early 90's)

I remember when Metal for Melbourne was still Central Station records (late 70's? or thereabouts?), and when it was where Fed Square is now...and Extreme Aggression was called Pipe Records and on Swanston St- and the only other place that would order in Metal for you was Rolled Gold in Box Hill.

Found some of the old Amorphis albums at a second hand place during my lunch break today so pretty happy about that :)

I didn't know this thread existed! As a metal fan since high school (70's-80's) and a guy who has played in a few metal bands over the years, this makes me happy!
Turns out there's more metal heads on here than i thought!
Not that surprising I guess, Geelong was pretty Metal town during the late 80's- early 90's.

Ended up finishing it. Was a great read. Only thing i didnt enjoy was that he seemed to bag Vinnie at every single opportunity.
Was just a bit too much IMO.
I really enjoyed it. Yeah he did get stuck into vinnie a bit. Saying he would get in a s**t mood cause 9 times out of 10 he couldn’t get a groupie to bang :D

And the bit where phil asked rex to “join the club”. I liked his reply, “really, you want me to join THAT club”. Strong wtf by phil.

I really enjoyed it. Yeah he did get stuck into vinnie a bit. Saying he would get in a s**t mood cause 9 times out of 10 he couldn’t get a groupie to bang :D

And the bit where phil asked rex to “join the club”. I liked his reply, “really, you want me to join THAT club”. Strong wtf by phil.
Yeah pretty ****ed by Phil there. Exactly WTF?
Strange how he bagged the s**t out of him even from when they were young till the end, yet still played golf with him all the time, and invested in his strip club etc.
I gotta say when he talked about taking him skiing though i pissed myself.
Was faarken hilarious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back