Metal Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Dvds are becoming better quality too. There’s a camcorder job but it’s almost front row at a small
Club. It’s awesome.
Yeah that's awesome. It's on Lars's actual camcorder isn't it?
Is there a DVD of them recording one? Thatd be cool as.
That Seattle concert is prob my favorite ever Metallica show.

Oh yeah in the Rex Brown book I was talking about DAKP about there's a bit about Jason's bass.
You know how in all the interviews Lars is always like Nah we didnt turn it down on purpose we just thought the mix sounded better etc etc.
In the book Rex goes Lars was hanging out with them and pissing himself about how he turned this arseholes bass right down so no-one could hear it.
Did it just to be a campaigner haha. Suppose most people thought this anyway.

Oh yeah in the Rex Brown book I was talking about DAKP about there's a bit about Jason's bass.
You know how in all the interviews Lars is always like Nah we didnt turn it down on purpose we just thought the mix sounded better etc etc.
In the book Rex goes Lars was hanging out with them and pissing himself about how he turned this arseholes bass right down so no-one could hear it.
If you listen closely to the rough mixes, you can hear the bass. It sounds good with bass but you don’t realize how used you are to hearing it without bass. It almost sounds odd. It’s a very punchy bass tone. It’s almost like th bass in “practice what you preach”.

If only Lars spent more time learning to be a good drummer :D

Haha. I reckon he's allright. Played like a million gigs now. Sort of simple but effective.
Some of the earlier shows on video he's shocking though. Starts speeding up and slowing down. Must've got nervous.
F**ken preety funny though, tottally compromise your really eagerly awaited album just to be a campaigner to your new bass player.

One of the live versions of “seek and destroy” on the justice box set has Lars absolutely butcher a drum fill to which after singing “searching, seek and destroy”, James manages to add rather I unenthusiastically “Lars Ulrich, drums”. James timing is amazing.

Haha. I reckon he's allright. Played like a million gigs now. Sort of simple but effective.
Some of the earlier shows on video he's shocking though. Starts speeding up and slowing down. Must've got nervous.
F**ken preety funny though, tottally compromise your really eagerly awaited album just to be a campaigner to your new bass player.
Simple is a good word to sum up his drumming. But hasn’t stopped metallica writing some damn good stuff decades ago :D

They are a money making machine though. My favourite song is harvester of sorrow.

Yeah it's crazy. The government should just build them a mint and let them print their own money.
Love harvester. Great song.
Be too hard to say my fave Metallica song but my fave Lars song would be ride the lightning.
Simple but his little drum rolls and that sound really good and add a lot to the song IMO.

Yeah it's crazy. The government should just build them a mint and let them print their own money.
Love harvester. Great song.
Be too hard to say my fave Metallica song but my fave Lars song would be ride the lightning.
Simple but his little drum rolls and that sound really good and add a lot to the song IMO.
It’s interesting. Lars loves deep purple. Listen to the solo in ride the lightning, then listen to the solo in highway star. Totally different genres, but similar

It’s interesting. Lars loves deep purple. Listen to the solo in ride the lightning, then listen to the solo in highway star. Totally different genres, but similar
They are! For sure.
Lars is actually a massive guitar aficionado without actually being able to play.
He definitely could of had something to do with it.
Say what you want about Lars but he was the biggest metal head you'll ever find back in the day.

Got my missus into Danzig on the weekend.
Funny but her fave band on the heavyish side is new Misfits.
I was like this guy was their first singer.
Both bloody fantastic singers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought these guys did a pretty good video clip (the song is good too)

What are some other video clips that you guys like?

I like the proper version of One, where it's nearly all just the movie scenes.
Probs my fave video clip ever.
Depressing but great.
Really liked the competition for the Tiger Woods competition.
They were all crap but cracked me up.

I like the proper version of One, where it's nearly all just the movie scenes.
Probs my fave video clip ever.
Depressing but great.
Really liked the competition for the Tiger Woods competition.
They were all crap but cracked me up.

Yeah but all Steel Panther videos are great haha

Read (listened) to the Mustaine book last week.
Was great and really honest, but sort of sad as a fan just how much the Metallica thing affected him.
Such a brilliant band (better than Metallica at their best IMOO) and so huge but everything was about beating them and he was never happy.
Anyway...

I am hopelesly stuck in the 1980s/1990's! Still listening to Priest, Maiden, Slayer, Dio, etc. I make no apologies for it neither!:cool:
Gonna see 2 of those bands on Monday!
Finished listening to the Iommi book a few days ago.
Made me remember how much I liked those 2 Dio Sabbath albums.
Also made me you tube the concerts Halford filled in for Ozzy. Had never seen them before.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back