Munich

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
BVB, LVP
Nobody wants to come with me to the Slipknot gig so no I'm not :(. My brother is going to see Lamb of God next Tuesday in Adelaide.

What's a good industrial metal band? Not sure if I know any.

Aww. I'm going, grab a ticket and come with. I have Gen Admin though, they're all gone as far as I know.

Industrial is a bit of a loose term, I suppose.

You know Rammstein, there's one ;) NIN are probably the other well-known band close to that genre, although Trent never intended for it to be Industrial music. Rob/White Zombie, anything 'goth' although I wouldn't put Manson in that category.

Ministry, Throbbing Gristle, KMFDM etc was where it began, but it's all a bit blended now.

BotsMaster

2022 Sep Premiers
Jan 26, 2009
Cheat Park
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Everton, Cardinals
Aww. I'm going, grab a ticket and come with. I have Gen Admin though, they're all gone as far as I know.

You know Rammstein, there's one ;) NIN are probably the other well-known band close to that genre, although Trent never intended for it to be Industrial music. Rob/White Zombie, anything 'goth' although I wouldn't put Manson in that category.

Ministry, Throbbing Gristle, KMFDM etc was where it began, but it's all a bit blended now.
Yeah GA are all sold out with the cheapest tickets available being Bronze seats at $81.35. I have seen Lamb of God live before back in 2009 when they toured with Devildriver and Shadows Fall. Have never seen Slipknot live though and would love to see them as I've heard they're actually scary live.

Don't mind NIN and Rob Zombie. Marilyn Manson is always good :thumbsu: Can tell you prefer that electronic sort of sound.
Some rehearsal footage from my band, see what you think :)

Sounds great Matt. You doing any Melbourne gigs?

Spazz Cat

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong

Still love my industrial. Used to love Ministry and still one of the best bands I've seen.
Loved Strapping Young Lad too. Still like anything Devin.

Munich

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
BVB, LVP
Yeah GA are all sold out with the cheapest tickets available being Bronze seats at $81.35. I have seen Lamb of God live before back in 2009 when they toured with Devildriver and Shadows Fall. Have never seen Slipknot live though and would love to see them as I've heard they're actually scary live.

Don't mind NIN and Rob Zombie. Marilyn Manson is always good :thumbsu: Can tell you prefer that electronic sort of sound.

Slipknot are great live, not quite Rammstein-level but definitely up there. They're my Nu-Metal guilty pleasure :p

Are you in the Gig Tickets group on Facebook? I saw a few people selling GA tickets on there over the past few weeks, could be a last resort.

I suppose NIN made me fall for the electronica sound, but I detest EDM.

I still love my prog metal/rock too though, Tool etc.

Anybody going to the Deftones/Karnivool gig? What a lineup!

Last edited:

Spazz Cat

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Forgot about the Metal Thread.
New Brujeria song.
Didn't think they'd like Trump much.
Dunno how they're gonna jump the border now ha ha.

Munich

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
BVB, LVP
Still love my industrial. Used to love Ministry and still one of the best bands I've seen.
Loved Strapping Young Lad too. Still like anything Devin.

Ministry's first two albums were so Nu-Wave, Jourgensen doesn't even acknowledge them these days! With Sympathy is awesome though, if you're into that softer side.

Devin Townsend? That guy creeps me out, cannot get into them at all.

Spazz Cat

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Ministry's first two albums were so Nu-Wave, Jourgensen doesn't even acknowledge them these days! With Sympathy is awesome though, if you're into that softer side.

Devin Townsend? That guy creeps me out, cannot get into them at all.

Ha ha yeah thats him.
Actually knew they were new wave at the start but never really listened to first couple of albums. Might give it a go.

Sep 28, 2014
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades

Thanks! Yes we will be early next year and will share some details once confirmed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BotsMaster

2022 Sep Premiers
Jan 26, 2009
Cheat Park
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Everton, Cardinals
Were you at their Cherry gig this year? Devil Electric played too from memory, twas pretty cool!
No I wasn't. Wasn't even aware they were on tour this year.
Slipknot are great live, not quite Rammstein-level but definitely up there. They're my Nu-Metal guilty pleasure :p

Are you in the Gig Tickets group on Facebook? I saw a few people selling GA tickets on there over the past few weeks, could be a last resort.

I suppose NIN made me fall for the electronica sound, but I detest EDM.

I still love my prog metal/rock too though, Tool etc.

Anybody going to the Deftones/Karnivool gig? What a lineup!
I am not in the gig tickets FB. I'll check it out anyway and see what's available.

Didn't think any metal group could be classed as a 'guilty pleasure' unless it was Viking Metal :p

Spazz Cat

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
No I wasn't. Wasn't even aware they were on tour this year.

I am not in the gig tickets FB. I'll check it out anyway and see what's available.

Didn't think any metal group could be classed as a 'guilty pleasure' unless it was Viking Metal :p
Saw Slipknot live the first time they came out and didn't really like them.
They played about 20 mins of noise(that bit that's on the start of their first album), played for about 1/2 an hour then another 20 mins of noise. Their prob better now though.
Could be bias cause I never really got into them much.

Munich

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
BVB, LVP
You know... everybody likes to hate on the Nu-metal guys; Slibbidy-knot, Korn etc etc. They still hold a special place in my heart :)

They're much better now Spazz, I've seen them quite regularly over the past 8 or so years, they never disappoint.

Plus I get to stare at Jim Root all evening, which is a plus.

Spazz Cat

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
You know... everybody likes to hate on the Nu-metal guys; Slibbidy-knot, Korn etc etc. They still hold a special place in my heart :)

They're much better now Spazz, I've seen them quite regularly over the past 8 or so years, they never disappoint.

Plus I get to stare at Jim Root all evening, which is a plus.
Yeah knew they'd be good now or they wouldn't have been going for so long. Not that I don't like them just never really got into them.
I don't mind Nu Metal. I absolutely loved the first 2 Korn albums. They were so original.
I remember though being in a band with this guy who when he got wasted would get he's Mums turntable and try and scratch it while at the same time playing a down tuned guitar through a bunch of weird pedals. Because I was so cooked I couldn't move and just had to put up with it. It was like a nightmare.
I'm really lucky I'm not in jail now for beating someone to death with a turntable.
I will always kinda hate Nu metal for that.

Anyway song from one of my fave nu metal albums. White Pony.

BotsMaster

2022 Sep Premiers
Jan 26, 2009
Cheat Park
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Everton, Cardinals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back