Metal Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, what I've heard so far is okay, I'm just wondering what the album will sound like as a whole. I think I prefer the first song they released over the latter two.

I loved St Anger, I know I'm in the minority there but I think it was the culmination of seeing them play at that time plus the movie etc that bumped it up.

Old Tallica' is unbeatable though, pity we can't all turn back time.
Would be cool to go back in time and see them live in their prime. Fade to Black has always been my favourite, followed by No Leaf Clover.

New Lamb of God song out next week.

Certainly different to their normal work.

Haven't really liked anything Metallica have done since Justice.
Never got to see them in their prime but I got Cliff em All and I absolutely love this version of Bells.
Cliff was so fuken cool!

Love how when Lars gets nervous he just plays faster!

Haven't really liked anything Metallica have done since Justice.
Never got to see them in their prime but I got Cliff em All and I absolutely love this version of Bells.
Cliff was so fuken cool!

Love how when Lars gets nervous he just plays faster!

You weren't a fan of the Black album? I don't mind some of the songs from Load and Reload.

That's an awesome version of For Whom the Bell Tolls. Shame what happened to Cliff :thumbsdown:

You weren't a fan of the Black album? I don't mind some of the songs from Load and Reload.

That's an awesome version of For Whom the Bell Tolls. Shame what happened to Cliff :thumbsdown:

The Black Album gets a lot of shtick from old Metallica fans as the time they 'sold out' and became commercial. I still enjoy it, as popular as it may be, Sandman is still a fav of mine.

Apparently Cliff was one of the greatest bass players of all time.

Deftones this week, with special guests, the Vool. I think this will be my gig of the year :D

Don't mind the Black album. If it wasn't Metallica though I wouldn't have listened to it that much.
It's one of those albums to me that sounds great the first few times you listen to it but then gets old preety quick.
Im not a old time Metallica fan from back in the 80's or anything, don't really care about "selling out" or any of that stuff. Just like what I like.

The Black Album gets a lot of shtick from old Metallica fans as the time they 'sold out' and became commercial. I still enjoy it, as popular as it may be, Sandman is still a fav of mine.
Enter Sandman was one of the first songs I learned.
Deftones this week, with special guests, the Vool. I think this will be my gig of the year :D
Going through my iTunes list I have two songs by Deftones: My Own Summer (Shove It) and Lucky You. I have none by Karnivool :p

Enter Sandman was one of the first songs I learned.

Going through my iTunes list I have two songs by Deftones: My Own Summer (Shove It) and Lucky You. I have none by Karnivool :p

Deary me Bots...

Karnivool are our greatest band running around these days (in my opinion).

Don't let Birds of Tokyo scare you, Ian Kenny is a damn legend, and the two bands are nothing alike.

Just listen to Sound Awake or Themata. You can thank me later :)

Deary me Bots...

Karnivool are our greatest band running around these days (in my opinion).

Don't let Birds of Tokyo scare you, Ian Kenny is a damn legend, and the two bands are nothing alike.

Just listen to Sound Awake or Themata. You can thank me later :)
I gave the Sound Awake album a go and it's certainly different to what I normally listen to. Much softer.

How was the gig last night?

I gave the Sound Awake album a go and it's certainly different to what I normally listen to. Much softer.

How was the gig last night?

Amazing, great set lists from both bands. Chino was running around like a mad man and forgetting to sing, but it was loud.

I'm contemplating going to Disturbed tonight, a few of the guys were at the bar last night with Chino, good times :)

Amazing, great set lists from both bands. Chino was running around like a mad man and forgetting to sing, but it was loud.

I'm contemplating going to Disturbed tonight, a few of the guys were at the bar last night with Chino, good times :)
I thought Disturbed tickets were sold out?

I'm going to save my pennies for Killswitch Engage next year.

There are a few around on facebook etc.
How was it if you went? I was going to get tickets ages ago but again nobody wanted to go with me :(

I like their new album despite many critics saying it's not good. Would probably say my favourite song from the album is Who Taught You How To Hate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How was it if you went? I was going to get tickets ages ago but again nobody wanted to go with me :(

I like their new album despite many critics saying it's not good. Would probably say my favourite song from the album is Who Taught You How To Hate.

It was pretty awesome! I'm not even a fan, really, but was talking to some of the members' the night before and they talked me into it.

I knew like 2 or 3 songs :p

Good to see some love above for Karnivool, amazing band!
Don't tell Lars but I am currently listening through the whole of new album Hardwired and absolutely loving it!!! I feel like a giddy school girl
How do you compare it to previous albums?
It was pretty awesome! I'm not even a fan, really, but was talking to some of the members' the night before and they talked me into it.

I knew like 2 or 3 songs :p
Damn you for making me jelly! *shakes fist*

Good to see some love above for Karnivool, amazing band!
Don't tell Lars but I am currently listening through the whole of new album Hardwired and absolutely loving it!!! I feel like a giddy school girl

Who doesn't love the Vool?!

Bots, get on board :)

Okay I'm going to give it a run-through now. Will report back with my findings :p

I'll give Karnivool another go but like I said they play a different sound to what I'm used to.

I've been listening to some groups I used to listen to in high school:
All That Remains
Bullet For My Valentine
Trivium
Avenged Sevenfold

I'll give Karnivool another go but like I said they play a different sound to what I'm used to.

I've been listening to some groups I used to listen to in high school:
All That Remains
Bullet For My Valentine
Trivium
Avenged Sevenfold

Chuck on Themata then, or their first EP. It's heavier.

I heard a new song during their gig the other night that was pretty guitar-heavy, so good.

I don't really like any of those bands you just listed, haha.

Isn't metal so diverse!

How do you compare it to previous albums?

Damn you for making me jelly! *shakes fist*

Moth into Flame and Atlas Rise are still in the top few songs on the album for me after listening to the whole thing a few times. There are 2 songs Halo on Fire and Spit out the Bone that I absolutely love! The most impressive thing on the album is James vocal work and lyrics, some of it is like a stronger version of VERY early James, the intense yell he used to have but with more power. There are plenty of great riffs, lots of slower sludgy stuff, plenty of harmonised epic parts, the final track is blistering. But I understand how diverse Metallicas music and their fans can be so you really need to try for yourself :p
Kirks solos are a let down.....

Moth into Flame and Atlas Rise are still in the top few songs on the album for me after listening to the whole thing a few times. There are 2 songs Halo on Fire and Spit out the Bone that I absolutely love! The most impressive thing on the album is James vocal work and lyrics, some of it is like a stronger version of VERY early James, the intense yell he used to have but with more power. There are plenty of great riffs, lots of slower sludgy stuff, plenty of harmonised epic parts, the final track is blistering. But I understand how diverse Metallicas music and their fans can be so you really need to try for yourself :p
Kirks solos are a let down.....
Disappointing to hear about Kirk's solos as they are my favourite part of Metallica songs. I'll most likely listen to the album but does Kirk use the whammy pedal in all of the songs?

Moar Lamb of God

New EP is out Friday and this is the song list:
01. “The Duke”
02. “The Culling”
03. “Still Echoes” (Live from Rock am Ring)
04. “512” (Live from Bonnaroo)
05. “Engage the Fear Machine” (Live from Bonnaroo)

On the piss last night listening to Dying Fetus till the neighbors complained. Me and a mate were trying to think of a better band and just couldn't.
Got it all. The skill, the heaviness and the groove! The breakdowns!

On the piss last night listening to Dying Fetus till the neighbors complained. Me and a mate were trying to think of a better band and just couldn't.
Got it all. The skill, the heaviness and the groove! The breakdowns!

Hmm dunno if I like the growling in the vocals.

EDIT: The vocals did remind me of a band I used to listen to, Be'lakor

They're a Melodic Death Metal band from Melbourne

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back